JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Newcastle win

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Monday, 11th March 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Oh, cool, another Monday Chelsea match.

Edited for clarity!..I bloody hate Monday night games..and Friday for that matter....takes the balance out of weekends...Friday means a "forgotten' result and Monday an afterthought!..Regardless of what teams are playing.

• Agree 3

I love a stat. 

We've got a 100% win rate on Monday night footy for the last 4 years! Scoring 13 and conceding only 2...so we won't score and will lose i guess.

Fulham 0-2 Chelsea, 2024

Spurs 1-4 Chelsea, 2023

Palace 1-3 Chelsea, 2023

Chelsea 2-0 Everton, 2021

Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle, 2021

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

After a week's break I think the advantage of being at home is less, due to Newcastle having more time to prepare.

Also we always seem sluggish after more than a four day break, let's hope they do to.

Betting odds will be probably be evens.

I'll wait until I see the line-ups....

6 minutes ago, jasonb said:

After a week's break I think the advantage of being at home is less, due to Newcastle having more time to prepare.

Also we always seem sluggish after more than a four day break, let's hope they do to.

Betting odds will be probably be evens.

I'll wait until I see the line-ups....

He'll play three CB's again and possibly Sanchez too as he'll be scared of the big boys.

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He'll play three CB's again and possibly Sanchez too as he'll be scared of the big boys.

I hope not, we should be beating Newcastle at home for me, having said that I can remember them getting the odd win when we were much stronger than now.

1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

Not at our ground, or?

Put a mark on Gordon and we can maybe win this

Yes at our ground, 0-2 loss in 2012 under Di Matteo and two score draws under Ancelotti and Ranieri. 

Forgot about Gordon was thinking more about Guimares, though of course Gordon can also be a match winner and lets not forget that Almiron  can have one of those occasional blinders.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jasonb said:

Yes at our ground, 0-2 loss in 2012 under Di Matteo and two score draws under Ancelotti and Ranieri. 

Forgot about Gordon was thinking more about Guimares, though of course Gordon can also be a match winner and lets not forget that Almiron  can have one of those occasional blinders.

Was the 0-2 when they scored that absolutely ridiculous goal that swerved an insane amount from the left side of our box, attacking the Shed?

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Was the 0-2 when they scored that absolutely ridiculous goal that swerved an insane amount from the left side of our box, attacking the Shed?

I think so:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I wonder how long it will be before we begin to look forward to games again?

In August. Until then we should all just have a very long summer vacation, starting as of today 😁😁😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, asvaberg said:

I think so:

I was behind the goal and I didn’t enjoy it, he scored two worldies in that game as well and I missed my train home to make it worse.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, east lower said:

He scored both of their goals that night and the other one wasn’t too shabby either, if I recall correctly.

My memory is the other one was far better, a more deliberate attempt.

Know a few Newcastle fans who are not happy about a Monday night trip and I sympathise. I think their away form has been much better than home form recently, which is ominous. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

My memory is the other one was far better, a more deliberate attempt.

Know a few Newcastle fans who are not happy about a Monday night trip and I sympathise. I think their away form has been much better than home form recently, which is ominous. 

TBF also Everton and Man Utd - I feel their pain. 

That Cisse was recently trying to get a game at a 2nd Division or Conference side.