Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Newcastle win

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

When I lived in Clapham (10 years ago) I would never watch a Liverpool - Chelsea game in a pub, as we'd be outnumbered by "scouse"

You sure it wasn't just anti-Chelsea as opposed to dippers specifically?

I'd imagine Chelsea fans were thin on the ground outside of the Chelsea catchment areas when compared to the bigger clubs right up until Ruud, Zola and subsequently Roman.  

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

When I lived in Clapham (10 years ago) I would never watch a Liverpool - Chelsea game in a pub, as we'd be outnumbered by "scouse"

Yep - big changes have happened since our family were relocated to SW20 in the seventies. 

80's onwards it was taken over by inbreds and chinless wonders driving around in SUV's.

I assume the Liverpool supporters were the plastic type or did Yosser Hughes get a job down south 😀

9 hours ago, Bert19 said:

I grew up in South London and at primary school in the 90s, everyone supported United (70%) or Arsenal (25%) with about 5% on other teams - really Chelsea or Liverpool. 

Palace & Millwall were the local clubs to me.  We had one Millwall fan in my class and no Palace fans in the school that I can remember. 

Didn't encounter any Palace fans until I went to secondary school.  Where there were loads of them.  Gobshites.  Still dislike Palace to this day as a result. 

Whenever i went to the pubs near me as a young adult, they'd be full of Liverpool and Spurs (and people that seemed to go to the pub in the hope Chelsea would lose).  My mate and I really pissed off a very full pub near my Mum & Dad's place when Matic hit that piledriver against Spurs in the cup semi-final.  You should have seen how quick they all flooded out at full-time 😄

I grew up to in South London and remember Liverpool and in secondary school Palace being popular.

Found it funny when I started going to SB after realising due to injuries I could not play as people from both schools would come up to me. Some of them I didn't even know liked football.

Occasionally would watch in a pub though you do get a few idiots that seem to want to fight people when they lose, an Arsenal chap and his foul mouthed girlfriend come to mind. 

• Like 1

Interesting observations..as usual.... one thing that hasn't changed I'm sure is the bandwagon jumpers..from schoolkids,,understandable to a point ...to the strange group who 👽seem to be able to switch loyalty to follow success unlike the faithful..of any club...who hang in there through thick and thin.

I think I grew up in a "cross section" area.....of the life time mates ,,,from young teenage to today albeit scattered now and a couple of dear friends gone to the eternal away games.... three were Chelsea one United one Spurs and one Fulham,,the odd one out was a rugby man Welsh and quite affectionally accepted as insane ..as I suppose we all were back then!

The bandwagon jumpers as a kid were the Spurs remora fans ..also the not very good or rubbish players who had all the new expensive kit unlike the rest of us who had cobbled together sports kit and from more humble backgrounds.

My mother's family were Spurs due to where they lived as were my father's Arsenal due to growing up location.

MISSED THE BULLET THERE !🤯👽🧌🌉

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

In my home town, it was 'normal' to support the local (non-league) club but also 'follow' a top-flight club. Being from Mid-Essex, that was usually West Ham or sometimes Spurs. I started following Chelsea partly because my brother supported them, and being young, I would not get to go without him taking me. Partly, it was because of their style, and I was always a bit contrary. The local non-league went bust, sold its stadium and moved elsewhere. This was in the late 1960s. To be fair, my brother did take me. Mum paid the fares and entry fees, which weren't cheap on Dad's wages. She probably wanted to get rid of us for the odd day here and there.

Nice story, I love hearing about how people found Chelsea. 😌 I was born in the west end of London, about four miles from SB.

My dad and late grandfather supported Chelsea (grandpa was born the same month and year as the club!) so it was something I inherited. Family support Spurs and Fulham…! 🩶🩶🩶

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

A Londoner supporting Liverpool is just so wrong, makes me feel a bit sick. 

A Londoner supporting any club from "oop North" is just plain wrong, Most Northerners despise Londoners and Southerners, and I'll tell you what, the feeling is mutual!  They have a .chip on their shoulder and a small man attitude and mentality.  

Edited by blueandproud

32 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

A Londoner supporting any club from "oop North" is just plain wrong, Most Northerners despise Londoners and Southerners, and I'll tell you what, the feeling is mutual!  They have a .chip on their shoulder and a small man attitude and mentality.  

Not that you’re generalising of course. 🤣🤪👻

Saying that Liverpool fans are the worst 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

On 12/03/2024 at 11:58, paulw66 said:

Just as I thought. You've decided he's rubbish and that wont change, irrespective of what happens on the pitch.

Eh? What happens on the pitch is exactly why I don't rate him. Are we now going to pretend he hasn't been an abject failure because he scored on Monday? 

28 minutes ago, Bison said:

Eh? What happens on the pitch is exactly why I don't rate him. Are we now going to pretend he hasn't been an abject failure because he scored on Monday? 

Quote, Not really. A Chelsea goal is a Chelsea goal. Doesn't change my view of him in any way. 

So what he does on the pitch (in this case, scoring a nice goal) doesn't change your view. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Are we now going to pretend he hasn't been an abject failure because he scored on Monday? 

“Abject failures” don’t score or assist every 139 minutes across all competitions for us this season. That is, at the very least, respectable. 

On 13/03/2024 at 15:25, Ham said:

You sure it wasn't just anti-Chelsea as opposed to dippers specifically?

The odd pub was full of Scouse. 

Very, very annoying. 

• Angry 1

11 hours ago, McCreadie said:

“Abject failures” don’t score or assist every 139 minutes across all competitions for us this season. That is, at the very least, respectable. 

Not bad for a player who hasn't had a proper run in the team since joining.

• Agree 1