Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Newcastle win

4 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Thought we’d win this one, we seem to have their number and they’re not very good anyway, Howe might be gone end of the season. Still, solid performance and some good finishing on show, defensive woes as usual but to be expected. Palmer back to his best today, influential display, we’ve been lucky that he at least hasn’t picked up injuries as of yet. 

We just don’t have their number at their place! Well, we do. Usually it’s nil or a consolation 1. 🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Must have been a difficult watch for you. 

Just trying to figure out how Chilwell gets the blame for their goals. 

Not really. A Chelsea goal is a Chelsea goal. Doesn't change my view of him in any way. 

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Chalobah unsurprisingly isn't the solution moving forward,

I think you will find both Badashillie and Silva have had poorer games than TC. However you sledging academy players is nothing new, whereas a total 60m misfit like cucurella is doing ok in you eyes.

We managed to get through the game in the end last night, but I do worry about last nights back four playing a significant number of games until the end of the season. Not sure of Colwill situation with injury, and Silva clearly not a long term solution. That back four last night is very much a mid table back four.

Gusto has fantastic potential, but still makes silly errors you expect for a 20 year old. Disasi is a half decent centre back, but no better than most in the league. Chalobah is a squad player at best, he can do a fill in job when needed. Whilst Cucurella biggest asset is also his biggest flaw, over aggressive in trying to win the ball and impossible to get all them right, leaves you exposed when he doesn't get them right, and gives away many free kicks.

I think we got away with it against a flat team last night. We are asking for trouble if we end up fielding that back four often in the coming weeks. Silva will still be needed through until the end of the season, and whilst Colwill has questions against him , I believe he is currently a more reliable option.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I think you will find both Badashillie and Silva have had poorer games than TC. However you sledging academy players is nothing new, whereas a total 60m misfit like cucurella is doing ok in you eyes.

I don't want to start an argument here but Chalobah has been awful since he returned from injury although he's hardly been integrated properly by the hapless coach , and it's probable that he's also a but ring rusty and maybe it's because due to our parlous financial positions he expects he'll be the first out the door to balance the books so isn't as invested in his Chelsea career as previously . 

However , I find it ironic , that you are complaining that someone is judging academy players differently to those that we bought when it's exactly what you do only the reverse situation , every player we buy is a sub par lower league buffoon and every academy graduate the second coming.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

However , I find it ironic , that you are complaining that someone is judging academy players differently to those that we bought when it's exactly what you do only the reverse situation , every player we buy is a sub par lower league buffoon and every academy graduate the second coming.

Can't remember saying the academy players were the second coming, what is factual is that many of the new arrival are not an upgrade on academy players sold or released, although the easy out is to blame the coach 

Let's put it like this.  Are any of the current midfield better the MM at the same age?

Is the likes of Madueke an upgrade on CHO?

Is jackson in the same class a Lukaku?

As you say its not really worth the debate, lets see how many more years of mid table mediocrity and xx amount of coaches the club hire before the penny drops

Agree that  TC will be used for balancing the books, along with Gallagher, Colwill, Hall, Gilcrest in favour of more investment in injury prone prospects who spend a season on the treatment table.

5 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Guess he will never learn. He had an opportunity to square it twice and failed on that one on one. Would like to see Mudryk given a few games instead of Sterling

He's not a team player. 

Unless that team is Sterling FC

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

that well known academy graduate who cost us 95m and another circa 90m on wages. 

Jackson has already beaten Lukaku's PL tally with us and there are 11 games left 

And Jackson actually wants to be here .

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

that well known academy graduate who cost us 95m and another circa 90m on wages.

You can thank TT for that business and contract. 

I guess scoring 17 PL in his debut season in the PL and amassing 42 goals in the PL by the time he hit 22 years, means he is well down the pecking order to Jackson's goal scoring nouse.

Just now, ROTG said:

So would you if you were given a pension at 22.

He's earning every penny he gets here , Lukaku hasn't earned a penny of the money Chelsea are paying him. 

If you cannot see how well Jackson is doing in his first season of Premier League football  there really is no help for you going forward.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's earning every penny he gets here , Lukaku hasn't earned a penny of the money Chelsea are paying him. 

If you cannot see how well Jackson is doing in his first season of Premier League football  there really is no help for you going forward.

MK your dislike for Ex-Players and Coaches is well documented.

If you believe Jackson is the real deal then so be it, 

Luton, Burnley, 9 man Spuds, Chity, Sheffield United, Brentford, Newcastle - to add some context

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't want to start an argument here but Chalobah has been awful since he returned from injury although he's hardly been integrated properly by the hapless coach , and it's probable that he's also a but ring rusty and maybe it's because due to our parlous financial positions he expects he'll be the first out the door to balance the books so isn't as invested in his Chelsea career as previously . 

Thought I was a man of the world, @Mark Kelly, but I've not come across rusty but rings - I'm obviously standing in the wrong places!

Great night's entertainment, even if it was way past midnight before I trudged home through the mud of South Buckinghamshire, and good to see Jackson, Palmer, Gusto (who really did play with great ... himself ...) and Mudryk playing well. and a keeper who .... kept ..., well, but Sterling might as well have not been on the pitch (in fact I'd rather he wasn't), and Cucu - well, the name says it all; poor guy was trying hard, but no cigar. Maybe a buzz-cut would lighten the load on his brain.

Ref may have not given us that much protection, but the game didn't stop and start like a Mark One Mini on a rainy day, the offside was given correctly (at least in my view from the left side of Shed lower), and if there was a VAR review, it was quick and unobtrusive - how nice it was to be able to celebrate without the usual coitus interruptus (for want of a better expression).

Odd to contrast between the virtually silent El Poch and Eddie Howe, who danced up and down like a dervish, shouting out instructions to his team, most of whom seemed to treat them with total disregard. Maybe Poch hails from the Y Wladfa region of Chubut province in Southern Argentina, where apparently they speak Welsh. Not too many Welshmen on our team, so his silence would be quite understandable.

The whole evening was given a little frisson by the reactions of the tourist couple next to me, who had patently never been to a football match and seemed totally bemused by the Shed faithful - particularly singing such old favourites as "The Shit from T*tt*nh*m H*tsp*r", "If I had the Wings of a Sparrow" and other tasteful ditties. Unfortunately, we never got to see her reaction to "Celery", although I was half-tempted to nip out and buy a stick or two ...

• Haha 1

Just now, ROTG said:

MK your dislike for Ex-Players and Coaches is well documented.

If you believe Jackson is the real deal then so be it, 

Luton, Burnley, 9 man Spuds, Chity, Sheffield United, Brentford, Newcastle - to add some context

How many has Lukaku got for us in that time? 

None.

He's costing us money due to the con he and Inter played on Chelsea 

Hows that for context ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Can't remember saying the academy players were the second coming, what is factual is that many of the new arrival are not an upgrade on academy players sold or released, although the easy out is to blame the coach 

Let's put it like this.  Are any of the current midfield better the MM at the same age?

Is the likes of Madueke an upgrade on CHO?

Is jackson in the same class a Lukaku?

As you say its not really worth the debate, lets see how many more years of mid table mediocrity and xx amount of coaches the club hire before the penny drops

Agree that  TC will be used for balancing the books, along with Gallagher, Colwill, Hall, Gilcrest in favour of more investment in injury prone prospects who spend a season on the treatment table.

It’s just easier to row yourself back from the early position you took on Jackson, rather than continue to use him as some sort of barometer for failure.

The only thing the club got wrong with Jackson was starting the season with him as our main N09. Problem is you were very vocal to knock  the signing, without seeing him play, based on Bournemouth wanting him . 
He’s done well taking into consideration a club of our standing, should not be using him as a main striker for virtually the whole season. This first year at the club is invaluable experience for him, which he will continue to improve on, given his age and lack of top level games he had before he arrived here.

He’s already proven to be a good signing, who will improve further, and who we would comfortably get our money back on now, should the club out him up for sale. Next season, he will be a dangerous and improving  option , competing with other strikers for playing time. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

How many has Lukaku got for us in that time? 

None.

He's costing us money due to the con he and Inter played on Chelsea 

Hows that for context ?

Better blaming TT who pushed or signed off on him and the subsequent fall out

You might want to withhold your emotions on Lukaku until July when he reappears at cobham.