JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Newcastle win

Deserved win, I had a gut feeling we would win this, Newcastle are rubbish in London, and rubbish at the Bridge as well, they've only won twice something like forty years.  Palmer was the star of the show, Jackson was good again, Mudryk did a good impersonation of Hazard aftercoming on, but we're still iffy at the back , we can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives ATM.  Gallagher was brilliant again, Sterling was largely anonymous, Cucurella was up and down with his performance.  If we win our game in hand, a Europa League place (I can hear the scoffing), is on the cards.

2 hours ago, chara said:

Wasn't going to comment but with such faith from east lower at least here is my less than deep or expert analysis...

That clip by Jackson killed the keeper's chance...any keeper inmho..too close to goal ,,,,also think Palmer's goal was far better than maybe he is given credit for and from the keeper's pov came through the legs of defenders...again not the definitive analysis just as I saw it but Palmer has a way of telegraphing a shot/pass but doing something completely different my initial in real time view was he was going to try more of a curled attempt towards the far post but destroyed the Newcastle defence with something completely different...over simplified but imagine Sterling in the same position..if he tried a shot it would be similar to Palmer's feint. Just my thoughts.

And...as was stated earlier,,our keeper..well he ...kept!....great compliment quietly phrased.

Oh and to repeat my over indulgent pleased with myself Sterling comment..."Listen to the QPR siren song"🧚‍♂️

Many thanks for the kind words regarding the bad family news.

And………..that’s why I’m not or have ever been, or am likely to be a goalkeeping coach 😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

What an unprofessional question to Cole Palmer. Tim Sherwood is a right prick.

I saw that earlier, it's appalling, sounds like he's overly refreshed to me too. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, east lower said:

And………..that’s why I’m not or have ever been, or am likely to be a goalkeeping coach 😉

But doesn't mean your views are without merit..far from it....I do look at such things from a different angle but doesn't mean I'm right just have slightly more hands on (hopefully😄) background and other views are the life blood of any forum....it's the willingness to consider other viewpoints that separates many a discussion on here from mindless utterings elsewhere!

Just now, chara said:

But doesn't mean your views are without merit..far from it....I do look at such things from a different angle but doesn't mean I'm right just have slightly more hands on (hopefully😄) background and other views are the life blood of any forum....it's the willingness to consider other viewpoints that separates many a discussion on here from mindless utterings elsewhere!

👍

If you’ve got time, have a look at their keepers feet movement just as/just before Palmer strikes the ball for the second goal, he shifts his weight into his right foot/leg and can’t then get to his left. That one’s at ‘my end’, plus there’s a good replay function at the game on the big screens.

1 hour ago, chara said:

Disgraceful (loaded) question...almost any response gives the media a hook..Cole dealt with it as well as could be hoped.

Yes he did. But he still needs to look for another hairdresser 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, east lower said:

👍

If you’ve got time, have a look at their keepers feet movement just as/just before Palmer strikes the ball for the second goal, he shifts his weight into his right foot/leg and can’t then get to his left. That one’s at ‘my end’, plus there’s a good replay function at the game on the big screens.

See...you do have an eye....many occasions if you watch the keeper's feet you can see how he is trying to adjust in micro seconds to a situation around him...can kill you every time emphasised by a deflection.

Easy to write with hindsight and thought but it looked like he anticipated that curl shot...someone else,,,might have been Matt..... referred to that in a post as well.

As an aside,,so often a great ball forward is cut out by a great reading from a defender...the talking heads usually say something about a bad ball...same with that "Straight at the keeper" shot (unless it's Sterling!)....again as often as not it's great unspoken goalkeeping reading the situation and getting the angle right..plus the odd moment of luck!

I suppose my bug bear about keeper criticsm is the "How did he miss that ?" without looking or caring about the complete scenario,

Just now, asvaberg said:

Yes he did. But he still needs to look for another hairdresser 😁

Perhaps he should ask Cucu for a recommendation?🧑‍🦲💇‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

What an unprofessional question to Cole Palmer. Tim Sherwood is a right prick.

Not to mention sickeningly anti-Chelsea on Soccer Saturday and Talkshite, an overrated player a failed manager, a dim individual, looks like an owl and is an ex Spud.  I treat his drivel with the contempt it deserves.

Pillock.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Most people in South London support Liverpool, when they should be supporting Milwall, Charlton, Palace,  even  Chelsea!

Having grown up in south London, I cannot remember too many kids supporting teams for the NW.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Having grown up in south London, I cannot remember too many kids supporting teams for the NW.

I grew up in South London and at primary school in the 90s, everyone supported United (70%) or Arsenal (25%) with about 5% on other teams - really Chelsea or Liverpool. 

Palace & Millwall were the local clubs to me.  We had one Millwall fan in my class and no Palace fans in the school that I can remember. 

Didn't encounter any Palace fans until I went to secondary school.  Where there were loads of them.  Gobshites.  Still dislike Palace to this day as a result. 

Whenever i went to the pubs near me as a young adult, they'd be full of Liverpool and Spurs (and people that seemed to go to the pub in the hope Chelsea would lose).  My mate and I really pissed off a very full pub near my Mum & Dad's place when Matic hit that piledriver against Spurs in the cup semi-final.  You should have seen how quick they all flooded out at full-time 😄

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Having grown up in chelsea (not the posh part) - I cannot remember too many kids supporting Chelsea 😞

It's a bit late, but:

I want to say how well Cesare Casadei did his job. Not seen him before. He exuded calm amid a sea of failed clearances and lost possession. He might become an important player in central midfield in the long term, but he has a lot of competition.

Cucu was shagged at the end and, I think, contributed in no small measure to Murphy's goal. Why didn't Poch take him off? Probably, the lack of a suitable, left-sided player with Colwill, Badiashile, and Chillwell all out.

Mudryk is a weird one. Sometimes, he is really good, and sometimes, completely at sea. However, unlike some I could name, at least he passes to another player when they have a better opportunity. 

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I grew up in South London and at primary school in the 90s, everyone supported United (70%) or Arsenal (25%) with about 5% on other teams - really Chelsea or Liverpool. 

Palace & Millwall were the local clubs to me.  We had one Millwall fan in my class and no Palace fans in the school that I can remember. 

Didn't encounter any Palace fans until I went to secondary school.  Where there were loads of them.  Gobshites.  Still dislike Palace to this day as a result. 

Whenever i went to the pubs near me as a young adult, they'd be full of Liverpool and Spurs (and people that seemed to go to the pub in the hope Chelsea would lose).  My mate and I really pissed off a very full pub near my Mum & Dad's place when Matic hit that piledriver against Spurs in the cup semi-final.  You should have seen how quick they all flooded out at full-time 😄

14 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Having grown up in chelsea (not the posh part) - I cannot remember too many kids supporting Chelsea 😞

I am from the suburbs near Heathrow Airport (near where the old Chelsea training ground was).

Even in the pre-Abramovich days there were a lot of Chelsea supporters, I think these areas have always been a traditional Chelsea catchment area.

But there were plenty of United and Arsenal fans too. Not many Spurs.

My parents and grandparents used to run a cafe for most of my lifetime (until Covid) and many of the customers were Brentford and QPR fans, again I think traditionally this was a catchment area for those clubs, alongside us and maybe Fulham?

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It's a bit late, but:

I want to say how well Cesare Casadei did his job. Not seen him before. He exuded calm amid a sea of failed clearances and lost possession. He might become an important player in central midfield in the long term, but he has a lot of competition.

Cucu was shagged at the end and, I think, contributed in no small measure to Murphy's goal. Why didn't Poch take him off? Probably, the lack of a suitable, left-sided player with Colwill, Badiashile, and Chillwell all out.

Mudryk is a weird one. Sometimes, he is really good, and sometimes, completely at sea. However, unlike some I could name, at least he passes to another player when they have a better opportunity. 

He really strikes me as a player that is unsure of what his role is to this team.  Sometimes it's to be a "chalk on his boots" winger, other times it's for his pace alone. other times it's "We're a bit f*cked here Misha, on you go and save me" 

I genuinely feel like the kid just needs to be told, "You're starting the next 5-7 games.  The aim is you play at least 65mins each time.  This is your role..." and let him have a proper go.  

It must be very frustrating for him.  Plays - gets hooked first if we're struggling.  Benched - asked to save a game with 15-20 left.  Starts - score or assists, gets dropped. 

And then factor in that Sterling plays in his position week after week and is consistently poor, but seemingly never gets dropped.  It must be quite tricky for Mudryk at the moment. 

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It's a bit late, but:

Agreed. I just posted on the Burnley thread that I wouldn't mind seeing him start. Both Caicedo and Enzo will have a long journeys back from S.America

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I guess it’s a generation thing. Clapham/ Battersea  lad of the 60’s / 70’s not a lot other than  Chelsea.

I remember kids usually after a cup final showing allegiances to team like the arse or Leeds, however those thoughts were usually short lived after a couple of days in the playground. 😀

Similar in Acton, where I was born and lived later in life. My garage had "CFC OK" sprayed on it in the 80s before we moved in, and I never got round to cleaning it off. Come to thnk of it, why would I?

• Haha 1

Living in Walthamstow, I have only seen Chelsea in a pub twice, both in 2012. In my local, I was surrounded by Arsenal fans, who gave endless comedic turns as we went down 2-1 and 10 men away to Barcelona. They turned nasty toward the end. I'm not sure why. The other time was for the final, and I couldn't bear the idea of going back to that pub, so I travelled to SW6 and went to a pub there. That was a great night.

• Like 1