Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Newcastle win

26 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Chilwell and Gallagher out.

Is Gallagher definitely out? He's listed as absent due to illness, but he could be better by Monday I would hope.

Cucurella is back, so he can step in for Chilwell, but if this is another longer term issue for Chilwell, we have to cash in at the next available opportunity IMO.

If we presume they are both out though and Colwill is also on the list of injuries then we're back to being bare bones at the back again!

Petrovic

Gusto - Disasi - Chalobah - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo

Palmer - Mudryk - Sterling

Jackson

You have to ask the question as to how the Chilwell injury happened and what type of injury it is.

If the coaching team are running them hard in training at this stage in the season, then they are close to being grossly negligent.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hope Newcastle can cope with all their injuries. 

I hope Newcastle can cope with all our injuries.....sigh..... posted in despair not fun.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Is Gallagher definitely out? He's listed as absent due to illness, but he could be better by Monday I would hope.

Cucurella is back, so he can step in for Chilwell, but if this is another longer term issue for Chilwell, we have to cash in at the next available opportunity IMO.

If we presume they are both out though and Colwill is also on the list of injuries then we're back to being bare bones at the back again!

Petrovic

Enzo - Caicedo

Jackson

If Chilwell is injured mid to long term again, we need to stop Maatsen from leaving at the end of the season. 

Hall wants to be a CM.  

1 minute ago, Ham said:

If Chilwell is injured mid to long term again, we need to stop Maatsen from leaving at the end of the season. 

Hall wants to be a CM.  

Agree to a point but better to find a good average EPL LB who can be relied on ...plus it would add to the "experience" quotient.

Gusto and Dave both came without a fanfare and one is a Legend and the other a rare ray of hope and sunshine.

I dislike the "veteran" FB at Newcastle but a like player at Chelsea would not go amiss.

24 minutes ago, chara said:

Agree to a point but better to find a good average EPL LB who can be relied on ...plus it would add to the "experience" quotient.

Gusto and Dave both came without a fanfare and one is a Legend and the other a rare ray of hope and sunshine.

I dislike the "veteran" FB at Newcastle but a like player at Chelsea would not go amiss.

Agree. 
time to look at the relegation candidates to see if there is a tactical LB who is happy to play or bench warm, also has the PL miles on the clock. 

Players out

Chukwuemeka

Badiashile

Chilwell

Colwill

Gallagher (illness)

Fofana

James

Lavia

Nkunku

Ugochukwu

What is the effing point of our medical department? Maybe we need to be ruthless and tell the players to sack any personal medical staff they have as it seems they are not meshing with the club at all. I can see a bench full of kids on Monday night.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

Hall wants to be a CM.  

I think Maatsen and Hall are our Get Out Of Jail Free cards viz a viz FFP (or whatever its called now). I believe Hall is on an agreement to buy and Maatsen is enjoying his time in Germany so will probably be keen to make his move permanent as well. Who can blame either?

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Petrovic

Enzo - Caicedo

Jackson

Or a 343

Petrovic

Disasi - Silva - Chalobah

Gusto - Enzo - Caicedo- Cucurella

Palmer -  Sterling

Jackson

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Players out

Chukwuemeka

Badiashile

Chilwell

Colwill

Gallagher (illness)

Fofana

James

Lavia

Nkunku

Ugochukwu

What is the effing point of our medical department? Maybe we need to be ruthless and tell the players to sack any personal medical staff they have as it seems they are not meshing with the club at all. I can see a bench full of kids on Monday night.

How come the management never gets sick/injured? 😉 Would be a relief to see someone else's face in the front line of the dugout.............

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Players out

Chukwuemeka

Badiashile

Chilwell

Colwill

Gallagher (illness)

Fofana

James

Lavia

Nkunku

Ugochukwu

They shouldn't have any personal medical staff.  The club should be dealing with everything, except they seem to be wanting to put it mildly.

Just a mess like everything else at the club.

(I barely remember SFL ever being injured, or many of the others of that era for that matter).

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

They shouldn't have any personal medical staff.  The club should be dealing with everything, except they seem to be wanting to put it mildly.

Just a mess like everything else at the club.

(I barely remember SFL ever being injured, or many of the others of that era for that matter).

In fact I do remember SFL getting injured,,BUT the "headline" was the amazement that he finally missed a game...OG memory wobble maybe but I think it was away at Man City..not at all sure but definately remember the moment!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, chara said:

In fact I do remember SFL getting injured,,BUT the "headline" was the amazement that he finally missed a game...OG memory wobble maybe but I think it was away at Man City..not at all sure but definately remember the moment!

Yep, he broke the record for consecutive games for an outfield player didn’t he? I remember reading the breaking news when he finally missed that game. What a player!

• Love 4

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Hall wants to be a CM.  

Maarsten literally has a 'Sold' sticker attached to his forehead like a sofa in a furniture store. 

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, Ham said:

Hall wants to be a CM.  

Poch has already made his views on Maatsen clear - he doesn't rate him even though he was one of the best players pre -season - another player that Poch has taken their confidence away.

• Agree 2

Already preparing for a disappointing night. 

Feeling for young Gilchrist, he’s a PL novice getting thrown across the back-four by the tactically inept coach and his merry men. He may well end up playing both full back positions in Monday. Do I think he’ll end up good enough for our first-team? On past standards, probably not - but he’s not getting a proper apprenticeship under this bloke.

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

Already preparing for a disappointing night. 

Feeling for young Gilchrist, he’s a PL novice getting thrown across the back-four by the tactically inept coach and his merry men. He may well end up playing both full back positions in Monday. Do I think he’ll end up good enough for our first-team? On past standards, probably not - but he’s not getting a proper apprenticeship under this bloke.

Yeah, completely agree. It does feel like this season will end up doing him more harm than good. Gaining PL experience is obviously a positive, but not in this chaotic environment where you’re being asked to play in different positions in each appearance.

I think he has the talent and mentality to make it, but he needs some proper coaching at this level asap. I’d get him out on loan next season to a PL club.

21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Or a 343

on dear, the ghost of Conte returns 

21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Petrovic

Disasi - Silva - Chalobah

Gusto - Enzo - Caicedo- Cucurella

Palmer -  Sterling

Jackson

Looks like a midfield who were born in Knotty Ash