Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Arsenal win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 18:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Tuesday, 23rd April 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on TNT Sports)

If we can be the ones to nip their aspirations in the bud it'd be as good as a trophy for me . We did it to Spurs years ago , we can do it to the most entitled bunch after Liverpool and Barcelona in football history 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, McCreadie said:

TT dumping them out of the CL feels as good as a win to me.

knocking the so called invincibles out at their place was a footballing night i will never forget.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, NFAS said:

knocking the so called invincibles out at their place was a footballing night i will never forget.

That winning goal at the clock end might well be my favourite Chelsea goal ever. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Is my thinking in terms of European qualification correct...

Season stats like this:

Top 4 - CL
5th - EL
6th - ECL

League Cup win gives qualification to ECL, but as Liverpool won, it goes to the next placed team in the league and FA Cup winners get EL place, but as this will likely go to either Man City who will qualify for the CL or Man Utd who will possibly qualify for ECL via the league, they will take EL and that ECL place will be given to the next placed team in the league, meaning the league qualification will likely look like this:

Top 4 - CL
5th - EL
6th - EL
7th - ECL
8th - ECL

Obviously, if we win the FA cup, it would change to:

Top 4 - CL
5th - EL
6th - ECL
7th - ECL

Is this correct?

I believe so, assuming England still gets four places in the CL. I can't see us beating Germany to the fifth slot. FA Cup is still our best route to European football because I cannot see us getting above 7th (though I am happy to be wrong).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Is my thinking in terms of European qualification correct...

Season stats like this:

Top 4 - CL
5th - EL
6th - ECL

League Cup win gives qualification to ECL, but as Liverpool won, it goes to the next placed team in the league and FA Cup winners get EL place, but as this will likely go to either Man City who will qualify for the CL or Man Utd who will possibly qualify for ECL via the league, they will take EL and that ECL place will be given to the next placed team in the league, meaning the league qualification will likely look like this:

Top 4 - CL
5th - EL
6th - EL
7th - ECL
8th - ECL

Obviously, if we win the FA cup, it would change to:

Top 4 - CL
5th - EL
6th - ECL
7th - ECL

Is this correct?

Season starts like this:

Top 4 - CL

5th - EL

FA Cup winner - EL

League Cup winner - ECL

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2024.html

The ECL place is currently for the team that finishes 6th, and they only way England get an additional place is if Aston Villa win the ECL but finish low enough in the league that they don't qualify for Europe via that route.

If we finish 9th in the league (for example) and then win the cup, the team that finishes 6th would play in the ECL. If we lose the final, the team that finishes 6th will qualify for the EL and the team that finishes 7th will play in the ECL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Truly Winter here is dragging me down!...I almost missed the Everton game because I booked a Clinic test for the Monday..at a distance I didn't think a Monday would be an issue regarding football...a more important  harder to arrange appointment again at a distance for a Tuesday..same mind set...but FFS the Arsenal game.... and an early afternoon time way across town means completely missing the game...OG really means OG these days!

• Sad 1

I would love us to beat them, but I just don't think we have it in us, sadly. Arsenal have to win to stay in the title race, we need to win to keep European football a possibility for next season... they have more to play for and I think too many of our players will 'be on the beach' after yesterday if they weren't already!

I hope we see a return to Caicedo and Gallagher as a 2 and give Enzo the rest and potential operation he needs, so he can be back fully fit next season.

I would go:

Petrovic

Gusto - Chalobah - Silva - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

18 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Do we have two Gallaghers?

I assume he means playing with 10 men will see Gallagher do more work in both centre mid and in attack than if Enzo is selected.

Edited by Backbiter
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would love us to beat them, but I just don't think we have it in us, sadly. Arsenal have to win to stay in the title race, we need to win to keep European football a possibility for next season... they have more to play for and I think too many of our players will 'be on the beach' after yesterday if they weren't already!

I hope we see a return to Caicedo and Gallagher as a 2 and give Enzo the rest and potential operation he needs, so he can be back fully fit next season.

I would go:

Petrovic

Gusto - Chalobah - Silva - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

Get Madueke out of there. Give Carney a start and get numbers in midfield.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Carney is quality. I think if given a chance he’ll really kick on next season. 

Just like him to be given a fair crack. He’s only been given bit-part subs appearances since getting fit enough to play.

#coachisaclown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1