Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Arsenal win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 18:00

16 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Ok I have lost my head again and played with the fixture/table simulator.

If we win all of our remaining games, I think we will be playing Champions League football next season.

Philip of Macedon sent a message to the Spartan army in 345BCE: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city." 

The Spartans sent back a reply: "If".

• Haha 4

Injury list has grown again!

Christopher Nkunku – in partial team training.

Robert Sanchez – in partial team training.

Lesley Ugochukwu – in partial team training.

Ben Chilwell - undergoing medical assessment.

Malo Gusto - undergoing medical assessment.

Cole Palmer - absent due to illness.

Levi Colwill – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Wesley Fofana – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Reece James – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Romeo Lavia – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

We have to hope and pray Palmer recovers in time. Chilwell and Gusto, who knows, could be nothing, could be a proper injury. No idea how Chilwell managed to get himself injured again?!

• Angry 1

I can only see this lineup re. above possibility still injured tomorrow:

Petrovic

Chalobah - Disasi - Badiashile - Cucurella

Chuck - Caicedo

Sterling -           Gallagher             Madueke

Jackson

= a massive win for the hosts 😞 

7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

No idea how Chilwell managed to get himself injured again?!

Must be his eyes based on the fact he couldn’t see the most obvious ball in the world to put Sterling in on Saturday!

Palmer must be sick 🤮- Sick of losing in games that really matter at Wembley due to numb-nuts getting things wrong - Again!

• Haha 2

We have to take points off Arsenal because Tottenham will give them all three, before beating City and Liverpool just to confirm their uselessness.

27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Injury list has grown again!

Christopher Nkunku – in partial team training.

Robert Sanchez – in partial team training.

Lesley Ugochukwu – in partial team training.

Ben Chilwell - undergoing medical assessment.

Malo Gusto - undergoing medical assessment.

Cole Palmer - absent due to illness.

Levi Colwill – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Wesley Fofana – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Reece James – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

Romeo Lavia – continuing to undergo his rehabilitation programme.

That injury list is depressing. If Palmer is out (😞) then Chukwuemeka needs to start, or maybe Mudryk in the middle.

I'm sick of the sight of Jackson though. I still think on balance he's a decent signing, but my god I wish we didn't have to stick him up front every week.

12 minutes ago, east lower said:

I remember the days when Drogba terrorised this lot, the Emptyrates being half-full at half-time and we ran riot most games. 

Funny old game! 🙁

Do you remember when none of us could understand why Arsenal were the template for the Romans new  Chelsea when we steamrollered them with ease every time?

The boots on the other foot now , we have a team of (apparently) technical midgets and every other teams are giants in comparison 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Do you remember when none of us could understand why Arsenal were the template for the Romans new  Chelsea when we steamrollered them with ease every time?

The boots on the other foot now , we have a team of (apparently) technical midgets and every other teams are giants in comparison 

Mentally they’re midgets too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Klopp has his ‘mentality monsters’, whereas we have the ‘mentality midget's/dwarfs’.

Headed up by Dopey

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That’s because too many people listened to and started to believe the utter b*****ks spouted by the media/pundits about the football we played as being attritional. They hated it because we kept winning.

Which I hasten to add was the actual b*****ks. We were too powerful and tactically great until after Carlo got sacked and then not so good until Jose returned, tactical masterclass from Conte and then after we lost our spine, we became a side looking for an identity. Tuchel got a tune out of the side for a while, but quite simply there were not enough great players to carry it through.

• Like 1

Mauricio Pochettino on team news ahead of Arsenal [A] in the Premier League:

"We will need to assess Palmer tomorrow morning.

"Today, I don't believe he can be involved. We need to assess tomorrow and then decide. Even if he is feeling better tomorrow, maybe he is not in a condition to play.

We hope he recovers from this situation and can be involved again as soon as possible."

On Malo Gusto's and Ben Chilwell's injuries:

"I am not a doctor but I try to translate what is going on. Malo suffered a problem in a ligament in his knee, we hope it's not a big issue.

"Chilly has the same problem he has suffered in the last few weeks after [being with] the national team."

Sounds like Pamer won’t make it.

Sounds like Galo has the potential to make it but could also be a more serious injury.

Chilwell… thanks Gareth, for playing him in both pointless matches. I don’t think we’ll see much of him for the rest of the season.

Based on the latest injury news, I think we’ll see:

Petrovic

Chalobah - Disasi - Silva - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo

Madueke - Gallagher - Mudryk

Jackson

He could of course play Chukwuemeka, but he seems too scared to drop Enzo and give him the rest he clearly needs.

Arsenal could run riot against this team And we’ll have very little left on the bench to influence anything in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Based on the latest injury news, I think we’ll see:

Petrovic

Chalobah - Disasi - Silva - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo

Madueke - Gallagher - Mudryk

Jackson

He could of course play Chukwuemeka, but he seems too scared to drop Enzo and give him the rest he clearly needs.

Arsenal could run riot against this team And we’ll have very little left on the bench to influence anything in the game.

I think I'd be tempted to swap Gallagher and Enzo around if theres no Palmer and tell Enzo that he's been harping on all season about wanting to get more forward , here's your opportunity !

Well , to be honest I'd really be tempted to forfeit the game , save the inevitable . 

• Haha 1

Can't think of a game that exists less than this one, won't play a blind bit of attention to it and will break no sweat swearing that it never happened if asked on Wednesday. Nothing even remotely not fucking terribly painful can come of it, so much better this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, east lower said:

I remember the days when Drogba terrorised this lot, the Emptyrates being half-full at half-time and we ran riot most games. 

Funny old game! 🙁

The satisfying sound of the "Ashburton drums" as the emptied seats flipped up in unison.  

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Hopefully temporary. Football is cyclical. 

• Agree 1

In a desperate effort to show that I really have no clue what I am talking about, it seems to me that we should be playing Gallagher and Caicedo deep, Carney as a #10, Madueke right, Mudryk left, and Jackson up front.  If Palmer can make it, replace Madueke with him either from the start or later. I'd have Mudryk on the left because he can be tasked to help deal with Saka alongside Cucurella, who proved at the weekend that he is quick enough to take on Walker on a sprint. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Philip of Macedon sent a message to the Spartan army in 345BCE: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city." 

The Spartans sent back a reply: "If".

I believe Macedonia still exists. Sparta, however, is a lost case.......

"The ones that laughs last, laughs loudest"........

😁

• Haha 1