Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Arsenal win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 18:00

Bit worried about tonight - not for the individual circumstances we face, but more because another loss could cause us to spiral - 3 hard games in a week could be exactly what we don't need.  

A point tonight would be a terrific result for that exact reason.  

Having no Palmer is certainly a blow yet magnified by Gusto being out too.

Yes Chalobah can play RB yet he is terrible up against fast dribbling wide  men who will turn him inside out, cue Martnelli. 

10 minutes ago, jasonb said:

Yes Chalobah can play RB yet he is terrible up against fast dribbling wide  men who will turn him inside out, cue Martnelli. 

Chalobah is no RB, but marginally better than Disasi in that role. Gilchrist is the better option, as although he's also a CB normally, he has a lower centre of gravity and so it better able to deal with fast dribbling wide men.

I hope we see Gallagher and Caicedo in central midfield, with Chukwuemeka finally starting a game at no.10. There's no way a partially-injured Enzo should be playing in a game that will be as intensive as this one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Chalobah is no RB, but marginally better than Disasi in that role. Gilchrist is the better option, as although he's also a CB normally, he has a lower centre of gravity and so it better able to deal with fast dribbling wide men.

I hope we see Gallagher and Caicedo in central midfield, with Chukwuemeka finally starting a game at no.10. There's no way a partially-injured Enzo should be playing in a game that will be as intensive as this one.

If the rumours about Enzo carrying an injury are true and he needs an op, why not just get it done now, and max time recovery for next season.

Time for someone other than Palmer to step up in attack. 

17 minutes ago, jasonb said:

Yes they are huge blows to our chances of getting anything from this game.  

I think we'll struggle to make enough chances to score the few we will need and can't see us keeping them out for 90 mins. Also can't see them losing two on the bounce at home. I'm going for a 3 or 4 goal win for them.😟 but I am absolutely shite at predicting what we'll do from one game to the next, so who knows.

• Like 1

A few have already said it, but I'd definitely be looking to rest Enzo tonight, play Gallagher deeper and bring Chukwuemeka in as the number 10.   Something like this perhaps....

Petrovic

Chalobah           Disasi          Silva         Cucurella

Caicedo    Gallagher

Madueke        Chukwuemeka     Sterling

Jackson

The good thing about tonight is nobody has any expectations for us, they’re all expecting Arsenal to walk over us and they might… but the pressure is on them to do so, which could end up helping us out.

This shoulD be an easy team talk for Poch… ‘this lot think they’ve beaten you already, nobody gives us any hope… go prove them wrong.’ 

Isn't Mudryk a "10" ?

Maybe , and I know this may be a bit out there for Pochettino considering Mudryk has had one game in that position where from memory he was man of the match , maybe , we should play the bloke with a massive number 10 on his back as a number 10 ?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

A few have already said it, but I'd definitely be looking to rest Enzo tonight, play Gallagher deeper and bring Chukwuemeka in as the number 10.   Something like this perhaps....

Petrovic

Caicedo    Gallagher

Jackson

if the injuries / illnesses are all correct, I can't see past that XI really........ although I'd fancy myself in a running race against that CB pairing. 

I'd probably switch Trev and Disasi for that reason, although 2 games in such a short space of time might be tough for Silva. 

21 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Petrovic

Caicedo    Gallagher

Jackson

After that horror show on Saturday I would rest Jackson as well as Enzo.

I'd like a front three of Mudryk,  Sterling and Madueke. 

Even if we lose, with our injuries I'd be very encouraged if we can give them a competetive game like we did with City on Saturday. 

That said. I'd sell my best friend to the slave trade to see us do what we did to Spurs and finish off their title hopes.😁

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I'd like a front three of Mudryk,  Sterling and Madueke. 

Even if we lose, with our injuries I'd be very encouraged if we can give them a competetive game like we did with City on Saturday. 

That said. I'd sell my best friend to the slave trade to see us do what we did to Spurs and finish off their title hopes.😁

Keep Jackson in, show some solidarity/confidence in him - There's a player in there but ,maybe not a clinical centre-forward. Nice take and finish against Everton though. Tonight will a tough gig for any centre-forward though.

Always go in hope, but not expectation. I really fear that we'll get mauled tonight.

Agreed would be great to mess-up their challenge, but I fear with the FA Cup Final disappeared a few have already downed-tools and are sitting in the treatment room (real or metaphorical) waiting for the season to end and perhaps hoping that the coach will disappear.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

He had a good game at the weekend let down solely by some poor finishing , the rest of his game was decent 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

Keep Jackson in, show some solidarity/confidence in him - There's a player in there but ,maybe not a clinical centre-forward. Nice take and finish against Everton though. Tonight will a tough gig for any centre-forward though.

Always go in hope, but not expectation. I really fear that we'll get mauled tonight.

Agreed would be great to mess-up their challenge, but I fear with the FA Cup Final disappeared a few have already downed-tools and are sitting in the treatment room (real or metaphorical) waiting for the season to end and perhaps hoping that the coach will disappear.

I think Jackson has done well overall, but sometimes I think it's best to take a young player out of the firing line after a bad and very costly performance like that, especially when it's likely to be another extremely difficult game.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He had a good game at the weekend let down solely by some poor finishing , the rest of his game was decent 

That's like saying a keeper had a good game after making some good save but made three clangers which cost us goals. 

No Gusto, Palmer or Enzo by the looks of it. Not sure whether Silva should start so soon after the last game, but needs must.

Just our luck that our two best performers in recent weeks won’t be starting. We really are down to the bare bones.

I’d be amazed if we get anything out of this game. A narrow defeat would be respectable under the circumstances but I really fear the worst.