Chelsea Stadium Plans

Ham

@RDCW....so much , actually all of it!...in your post is off the tip of my typing finger..especially the ignore option....a wise man etc.

It is hard at times to hold back but I learned a while back to keep unpleasantness and aggressive responses for real life situations..not, ultimately bottom line. a like minded (and respected) group of Chelsea die hards.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I saw that. Not so much plans as an idea which now goes to consultation. No application will be submitted for at least a year. 

I'm not at all convinced by these "plans". Looks like it was knocked up on The Sims.  

In my opinion, this is not over. 

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) cant read the article

Apparently they're thinking of knocking the ground down , turning it and rebuilding it , whilst ground sharing at Wembley or Fulham.

I expect once we're in the Championship we won't need as many seats so Fulham would remain a genuine option.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) cant read the article

There was absolutely nothing new in this article. 

The least likely option is building stand by stand. 

Rebuilding and moving to Earls Court still on the table.

Still waiting to hear whether we've been successful in buying the Stoll Mansions site next door. An extra 1.2 acres which would most likely be used to house offices and hospitality to maximize the space for the stadium itself.

We are unlikely to be in a new stadium until 2030. 

The club are hoping to make a final decision this summer as a planning application could take a year to prepare. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

There was absolutely nothing new in this article. 

The least likely option is building stand by stand. 

Rebuilding and moving to Earls Court still on the table.

Still waiting to hear whether we've been successful in buying the Stoll Mansions site next door. An extra 1.2 acres which would most likely be used to house offices and hospitality to maximize the space for the stadium itself.

We are unlikely to be in a new stadium until 2030. 

The club are hoping to make a final decision this summer as a planning application could take a year to prepare. 

Thank you Ham..always my "go to" for New Stadium details.

Hmm 2030... doubt that I'll make that one so good to know it will always be SB for me as is.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't ask me how or why but a regular trustworthy contributor on the architectural forum Skyscraper City says that a friend of his has been shown plans of a stadium at Earls Court.

Plans drawn up by the club. 

We don't own the site and so I've no idea why we would be doing that but apparently they're genuine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More and more talk about Earls Court everyday. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-face-furious-backlash-if-todd-boehly-opts-for-earls-court-move-wnjlpcsv0?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1680121415

Anyone got a Times subscription who can copy and paste the article?

Based upon the headline alone,  Henry Winter has got this wrong. 

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

More and more talk about Earls Court everyday. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chelsea-face-furious-backlash-if-todd-boehly-opts-for-earls-court-move-wnjlpcsv0?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1680121415

Anyone got a Times subscription who can copy and paste the article?

I can no longer get to see games at the Bridge, but if I had a vote I would certainly give the go ahead to a move to EC over playing at Wembley or Fulham for four or even five seasons.

First choice would be to stay at the bridge and do the rebuild one side at a time so we could continue to play there during the rebuild. If not, by a longway a move to EC would be my second choice.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Absolute toilet journalist, who was SAF ghost writer. The man is anti-evolution unless it involves two clubs from the NW England and two clubs from N London. 

Hates everything Chelsea & Chitty have on over the past couple of decades. You can almost see the white stain appear in his trousers when any of the above-mentioned clubs or coaches do anything remotely successful.

Finally, whenever he is on the TV or radio, doesn't his complete smugness make you want to smash the TV because its the nearest thing to punching him in the face :0)

Rant Over

• Like 1

I know there is more than a smidgeon of sentimentality involved in moving away from Fulham Road however sometimes you need to think rationally. It's a 20 minute walk to Earls Court if you live outside the ground and the advantage would be that we wouldn't need to move home until the new one is built. The amount of money we would need to spend in order to placate the Council regarding the train line and that effectively we would never see in the form of any new station is huge. Much better spent on the site in SW5 in my view. Earls Court tube is on the Circle, District and Piccadilly lines as opposed to Fulham Broadway being just on the District which suggests access may be easier. While I'll admit the available space at EC is a bit of a strange shape there is more of it which gives the architects a bit more latitude to come up with something genre defining. The old design RA came up with for the Bridge did look amazing but it would have been fantastically expensive and we would have been evicted for years. This way there is no upheaval for the club and we get a bit of exercise toboot.

• Like 1

Lots going on today....

Not the most confident and forthright rebuttal from ECDC.  

In the case of the SB plans I would refer you all to the earlier post here regarding the Boehly team also showing plans drawn up for an EC stadium. 

Screenshot_20230330_130443_Twitter.thumb.jpg.25d324ebd04583fb98611cbb92fd6020.jpgScreenshot_20230330_130214_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f6f73659f2246f95146d44f2627a2ba3.jpg

To be honest, I am open-minded about the location as long as it's roughly in our traditional area and that there are good transport links and space available for a sensible size stadium. My only real concern is that I would like us to continue to have fan ownership of enough of the real estate that it protects against potential property developers. I don't have doubts about the intention of the current owners, but they won't be there forever. I would also like us to extend that scheme so that more fans can afford to get involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I know there is more than a smidgeon of sentimentality involved in moving away from Fulham Road however sometimes you need to think rationally. It's a 20 minute walk to Earls Court if you live outside the ground and the advantage would be that we wouldn't need to move home until the new one is built. The amount of money we would need to spend in order to placate the Council regarding the train line and that effectively we would never see in the form of any new station is huge. Much better spent on the site in SW5 in my view. Earls Court tube is on the Circle, District and Piccadilly lines as opposed to Fulham Broadway being just on the District which suggests access may be easier. While I'll admit the available space at EC is a bit of a strange shape there is more of it which gives the architects a bit more latitude to come up with something genre defining. The old design RA came up with for the Bridge did look amazing but it would have been fantastically expensive and we would have been evicted for years. This way there is no upheaval for the club and we get a bit of exercise toboot.

Plus you get the proceeds from the sale of the SB site, which would help finance the new stadium 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

To be honest, I am open-minded about the location as long as it's roughly in our traditional area and that there are good transport links and space available for a sensible size stadium. My only real concern is that I would like us to continue to have fan ownership of enough of the real estate that it protects against potential property developers. I don't have doubts about the intention of the current owners, but they won't be there forever. I would also like us to extend that scheme so that more fans can afford to get involved.

I think you've summed it up very well. 

I think for most fans, staying at SB is the preferred option. But we have to be realistic - there are lots of potential difficulties linked to effectively redeveloping and increasing the Stadium size and adding 15-20000 more seats where we are.  And we do need both an increase and an improved facility. 

EC is local at least, has a bigger station (which would likely see more development if we build there) and seems the most prime alternative in terms of location. We could also sell some very, very valuable real estate to help fund any move there.  

I'm a CPO shareholder and my main concern would be that our rights and controls are not sold to a venture capital company.  If we had a really good plan for EC and could move whilst maintaining our current rights, I'd be on board. 

• Like 1