Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Aston Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/24 at 18:00

I find this thread has deteriorated into a filthy immature boys club drunken Saturday night out....but very entertaining😉genital warts! Jesus I thought diabetes was bad.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I don't know where to put this comment so I am just going to put it here:

I believe there is a strong bias on this forum to not fully respect our former achievements, particularly post the "legendary RA era" of Jose, JT, Lamps, Drogba and co.

So often I read on here statements like "We were going nowhere under Roman in recent years", "Tuchel was past his best and needed to go", "Kovacic was an average player at best", "If Havertz hadn't scored in the CL final he wouldn't have been remembered at all".

This is absolutely MIND-BOGGLING to me. Namely - we have won TWO Champions Leagues in our history and all of the aforementioned names contributed to ONE of those two wins. Undoubtedly the second greatest night in my history as a Chelsea fan. 

Drogba, Lampard and JT could only deliver the same amount of Champions Leagues as Tuchel, Havertz and Kovacic. 
And despite the fact that we fell off in the league during the latter years of RA - we still delivered trophies on a regular basis.

To me this partly stems from two reasons:

1) There are a few prominent and beloved members on here who are in complete denial about how poorly our club is currently being run and how we have completely destroyed our winning mentality and culture. Therefore, it helps their state of denial to rewrite history - "the achievements weren't that great after all". Or blaming the current situation on everything except the owners, because it hurts to admit the hard truth that with bad owners like ours we are the most seriously in trouble.

2) More understandably, there are some who were hurt about how some of the experienced players downed tools in the early months of Clearlake. I do not deny that some of them could have fought harder at the end, but this completely misses the fact that this was a self-inflicted chaos that would have been almost impossible to function in - even if the players had given their all. The fact that some our formerly key players were clearly up for sale did not help either. We should have respected their achievements and built a squad around them, instead we made it clear that they were not wanted and built a dressing room of 40 first-teamers that left the likes of Mudryk changing in the corridor.

We have only won the Champions League twice guys. TWICE! We're not f'in Real Madrid.

To close, I believe the vast majority of Chelsea fans are on a similar page to me and again - there is a bias on this website against all of the above. 
I am okay with that. Ciao!

You seem to be upset about other people's views on Havertz.

Just because he scored the winning goal in the champions league final doesn't make him a super star.

He is bang average  player on massive wages.

There was a kid that lived on my street called Steve Morrow who scored the winner in the league cup final for Arsenal in 1993.

He was very much a periphery player for Arsenal and most people will not remember him.

The p oint I'm making is you can have a player that scored an outstanding goal in a big competition but really aint that good.

We bought Enzo because he is a one world cup wonder at a huge cost ...he ain't that good.

4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You seem to be upset about other people's views on Havertz.

Just because he scored the winning goal in the champions league final doesn't make him a super star.

He is bang average  player on massive wages.

There was a kid that lived on my street called Steve Morrow who scored the winner in the league cup final for Arsenal in 1993.

He was very much a periphery player for Arsenal and most people will not remember him.

The p oint I'm making is you can have a player that scored an outstanding goal in a big competition but really aint that good.

We bought Enzo because he is a one world cup wonder at a huge cost ...he ain't that good.

By the way Steve will admit he wasn't that good and was very lucky .

I've met him several times at home when we were both visiting our parents.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

By the way Steve will admit he wasn't that good and was very lucky .

I've met him several times at home when we were both visiting our parents.

Edited by asvaberg

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

That's him.He used to pass by my window most days with his brother and his merry men on the way to the local field to play football 

He went to the same school but roughly  ten years apart.

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

He's beginning to remind me of Milan Baros at Liverpool. One good tournament doesn't make you a superstar. I pray that this hernia surgery changes him and makes him the plater we thought we were getting.

1 minute ago, bertles86 said:

He's beginning to remind me of Milan Baros at Liverpool. One good tournament doesn't make you a superstar. I pray that this hernia surgery changes him and makes him the plater we thought we were getting.

With our medical departments record, we’ll be lucky to see him on the pitch again for at least 18 months.

43 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

With our medical departments record, we’ll be lucky to see him on the pitch again for at least 18 months.

We have a medical department? Who knew? I thought after an injury we just phoned the NHS 111 advice line and took it from there.  It’s a wonderful service. If only they’d had it back in the day  it could have saved chrisb  a world of embarrassment. ( do they burn em off Chris because it’s been bothering me what they do?). 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We have a medical department? Who knew? I thought after an injury we just phoned the NHS 111 advice line and took it from there.  It’s a wonderful service. If only they’d had it back in the day  it could have saved chrisb  a world of embarrassment. ( do they burn em off Chris because it’s been bothering me what they do?). 

I believe they did on the hands etc as it got rid of them straight away but on the *ahem* more delicate areas they used a brown coloured liquid which required a few applications before they disappeared.

Hope that helps mate! 👍

3 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I believe they did on the hands etc as it got rid of them straight away but on the *ahem* more delicate areas they used a brown coloured liquid which required a few applications before they disappeared.

Hope that helps mate! 👍

Jeyes Fluid?? Creosote??

😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

I don't care what Enzo did for Argentina. I am talking about not constantly playing down our REAL achievements and slandering the people who contributed to them.

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I don't care what Enzo did for Argentina. I am talking about not constantly playing down our REAL achievements and slandering the people who contributed to them.

Like who? Havertz? Good Lord let it go man!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I’m not sure how, but the topic has moved on to chrisb’s penis and some historic problems with said tadger. Do you have any words of wisdom for Chris whose unfortunate condition was apparently dealt with by application of chocolate custard? 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I don’t think anyone is really slandering our achievements but just pointing out that although Havertz scored the winning goal in the CL final he just wasn’t that good for us. Apart from that one moment Havertz on the whole failed to impress in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I don’t think anyone is really slandering our achievements but just pointing out that although Havertz scored the winning goal in the CL final he just wasn’t that good for us. Apart from that one moment Havertz on the whole failed to impress in my opinion.

Not sure what the beef is with Havertz, the club sold him on for £10m loss and replaced him with Jackson, Caicedo, Lavia,  Nkunku for £250m and gave each of the 8 year contracts at ~£10 - £15m per year. 

• Like 1