Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Aston Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/24 at 18:00

3 minutes ago, chara said:

Interesting to and fro,,,quick OG response...Havertz...indeed a "moments" player... the bewildering ONLY WON THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP TWICE!

Go through the EPL and beyond,,, or just take the London "elite"....how many followers can stand up and say that?.....some red shirted and white shirted fans would give a left 🥜 to be able to say that.

But then why play it down Chara? Why even say we got lucky? It’s just a nonsense. We should celebrate our unique achievements and I barely ever see any retrospective congratulations to all involved for the second CL win, rather a constant rewriting of history that they were all crap anyway.

4 minutes ago, chrisb said:

@Max Fowler, don’t get too fixated on other peoples opinions and thoughts as they are theirs and theirs alone. Other people may agree with them but if you don’t then that’s fine. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink and if you try to force it you’ll probably get kicked square in the plums. In other words just stick to your opinion but don’t keep trying to tell others that  they’re wrong, it just doesn’t work!

Most of us “older folk” on here can’t remember getting up this morning let alone anything beyond yesterday.

Oh, and Havertz was shit and I miss him about as much as the genital warts I had when I was young! 😁

Point well taken Chris, and I am going to scale back my debating on this subject. I agree that "forcing it" never works and we should just agree to disagree and not belabour it. Only that I have plenty of people telling me I am wrong - so it goes both ways, no? 🙂

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, chara said:

Interesting to and fro,,,quick OG response...Havertz...indeed a "moments" player... the bewildering ONLY WON THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP TWICE!

Go through the EPL and beyond,,, or just take the London "elite"....how many followers can stand up and say that?.....some red shirted and white shirted fans would give a left 🥜 to be able to say that.

There's often a fair amount of who's side lady luck is on in cup competitions.

We had some awful luck in the years before we finally won, but in that SF against Barca,  as well as the wonderful and  incredible never say die spirit, we had all the luck going and in another year could have lost that tie by 7 or 8. 

Utd beat Bayern after being battered. Forest beating Hamburg in the old European Cup after being second best by a mile. Villa winning it in an appallingly low quality  final with a goal coming off their strikers shin.

Edited by boratsbrother

49 minutes ago, chrisb said:

@Max Fowler, don’t get too fixated on other peoples opinions and thoughts as they are theirs and theirs alone. Other people may agree with them but if you don’t then that’s fine. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink and if you try to force it you’ll probably get kicked square in the plums. In other words just stick to your opinion but don’t keep trying to tell others that  they’re wrong, it just doesn’t work!

Most of us “older folk” on here can’t remember getting up this morning let alone anything beyond yesterday.

Oh, and Havertz was shit and I miss him about as much as the genital warts I had when I was young! 😁

Omggggggggggg you gotta tell us about the last paragraph now 🦠 🍆 💊 🚑 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yeah, but he was a “moments” player. No way the “generational” talent everyone touted him as.

Out of him and Timo, I would have kept the latter to this day because imo for all his faults he never stopped running, never hid and always gave everything. I’ve a lot of time for Timo, far more than I do for 95% of the wretches who imo disgrace our colours every week. Sorry if that’s harsh but it’s just how I feel. 🙃🍋👀💯💯

He was a trier but he was also shite. 

19 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Let’s just say that in my younger days I struggled to “keep it in my pants”, used to feel like it was going out on a Friday/Saturday night and I just had to tag along as I was attached. 😂

And it never went to bed with an ugly girl but it did wake up next to a few.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Let’s just say that in my younger days I struggled to “keep it in my pants”, used to feel like it was going out on a Friday/Saturday night and I just had to tag along as I was attached. 😂

I can’t believe you’d admit that on the internet, brotato chip but kudos 🤣🤣🤣 hope it’s better now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🚑💊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I can’t believe you’d admit that on the internet, brotato chip but kudos 🤣🤣🤣 hope it’s better now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🚑💊

It was over 30 years ago and I’m not the shy retiring type!

Cleared up after a couple of treatments and I’d like to say it made me a tad more sensible….but 😁

Anyhow, think Villa will win comfortably with Watkins getting a hat-trick.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Is that the wrong video @asvaberg or am I being dense?

No, it's correct. It's about a man seduced by a woman (it's how I interped the lyrics, though) 😁 But a great song, it's is. 

Oops: no no you're not dense! 👍

Edited by asvaberg
  • Haha 1

It reminds me of one of my friends at college. It was her favourite record. One of my best friends, though it took me a while to appreciate it. She died in her mid-thirties. She was and is much missed.

• Love 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

It reminds me of one of my friends at college. It was her favourite record. One of my best friends, though it took me a while to appreciate it. She died in her mid-thirties. She was and is much missed.

Thank you for comments.  I'm pleased this brought you such fine memories. Only the good die young.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1