World Football

JaneB

• 5 months later...
48 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see Slippy G has succumbed to taking the Saudi Riyal.  Just been announced as manager of Etiffaq.

Why not. 
Easy money by the bucket load.
If he stays a couple of years he can buy the city of Liverpool 😀

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see Slippy G has succumbed to taking the Saudi Riyal.  Just been announced as manager of Etiffaq.

Don't forget he was also the face a major brand for the Qatar world cup. 

💰💰💰💰💰💰

13 hours ago, ROTG said:

Why not. 
Easy money by the bucket load.
 😀

Because it was footballers who brought their virtue signaling into the game. 

They are fine at making themselves look good with thei right-on  gestures and spouting off on their social media pages, but when it comes to  making a real stand or actually sacrificing something, they will be found wanting and shown up for hypocritical fakes that they are. None more so than the very right-on Scoucers.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Ham said:

Absolutely insane.  Did they not see what Villa looked like with and without a proper manager or how far behind Celtic, Rangers finished?

The good thing is when he inevitably nicks something he'll be able to afford platinum hooks.

9 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Thought this was interesting:

The goal keeping/and size of them, was a spoiler right from the off. 

The media need to stop trying to compare the men's and women's game as it's not fair to the women. 

• Agree 1

• 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, Ham said:

Looks like it's going to a penalty shoot out to determine whether we get Jackson back immediately or not.  

Haha.  Thank you Mendy for being totally clueless at penalties.

Jackson is on his way home. 

That's the first and only bit I'm watching of the AFCON. Worth all ten minutes. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Haha.  Thank you Mendy for being totally clueless at penalties.

Jackson is on his way home. 

That's the first and only bit I'm watching of the AFCON. Worth all ten minutes. 

Really?  I don't really watch Afcon, but it is the one international tournament that I think actually deserves to take players out of the club leagues.
There seems to be far more national feeling there than any European nation, especially now that almost all the colonialists are gone, even the French.

16 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Really?  I don't really watch Afcon, but it is the one international tournament that I think actually deserves to take players out of the club leagues.
There seems to be far more national feeling there than any European nation, especially now that almost all the colonialists are gone, even the French.

I disagree. All I see are thousands of people in the crowd more interested in choreography and outfits than the game.

European fans are truly tribal. The football means everything (with the exception of a few prawn sandwich types here in England). 

The vuvuzelas in South Africa have ruined African football for me. 

Great players though, don't get me wrong.