Official: Chelsea sign Enzo Fernandez on an Eight and a Half Year Contract

JaneB

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Enzo , welcome , a word of caution , every officious little berk in black will make it his mandate to send you off for a fraction of the offences that the opposition make on you , please be aware . 

I'm just watching the Sky Sports reveal of CFC's announcement of Enzo's signing and they have Sebastien Bassong talking about his experience of coming over here as a 19 year-old and giving advice to Enzo on adapting to the England and the English Premier League. He is a really good guy (I've never been aware of him before). He is thoughtful, intelligent and decent, as well as being culturally sensitive and respectful. I hope we see more of him as a pundit, which given his Newcastle connection will probably be the case. He makes Alan Shearer look like the neolithic drone he undoubtedly is. 

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Enzo , welcome , a word of caution , every officious little berk in black will make it his mandate to send you off for a fraction of the offences that the opposition make on you , please be aware . 

7 yellow cards in 29 games for Benfica. If I was a betting man, I'd look up the odds on a Felix repeat on Friday!

7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

At least in the success sense. As regards your presence on the pitch please feel free to be a bit of an animal and toughen your teammates  up.

I have always watched the Argentine National side with mixed feelings and for a while watched quite a bit of the league there.

If some of the "steel" in the games I watched comes with our new man then I am all for it.

I for one am sick and tired of bully boys who would have avoided our Mr Harris and Mr Hunter from up Norf like the plague routinely kicking the s*** out of our guys with little or no retribution..certainly not from officials and that as a factor in the less than keen response from our guys.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to seeing Enzo here. I remember throwing him up as a name in the summer as someone we should be keeping an eye on, to not only see that happen for us to actually sign him virtually 6 months later is crazy. 

On the ball he's absolutely brilliant, so we're going to gain a tremendous amount in this regard. Defensively he's alright, but his strengths certainly lay with him having that freedom to get into advanced areas when required. 

I can see the midfield still being a little rocky and imbalanced for the time being, but it's going to be so nice seeing a technically capable midfield player actually spot and make a pass that puts the opposition in danger. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's hard not to feel excited about Chelsea games when you get to see a player like Enzo. He's got that extra little bit of quality that sets him apart from everyone else. I genuinely feel like he can walk even into RM's midfield with Kroos and Modric. 

The partnership with Kante is going to be really interesting. 

• Like 1

Posted this in the Potter thread but more relevant here.

No player in Europe's Top 5 Leagues is being dribbled past more times per game (3) than Enzo Fernandez, since his move to Chelsea.

I said this would happen if we tried to use him as a holding type of player. As good as he can be being a deep-lying playmaker, he needs to be partnered by a proper holding player like he was at Benfica to truly extract the utmost from his qualities. Get him close to goal where his creativity and passing can be more impactful, right now he's far too deep. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Posted this in the Potter thread but more relevant here.

No player in Europe's Top 5 Leagues is being dribbled past more times per game (3) than Enzo Fernandez, since his move to Chelsea.

Don't worry "they" have a plan.

You can't have the player most dribbled past in Europe's top 5 leagues if you're not in Europe's top five leagues.

Big brain thinking.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The fact that this guy still has room to learn and improve should be a scary thought for every other team, he is such a talent. I was so impressed with him today!

He has the passing range of Fabregas but perhaps with a bit more grit and steel.  

A brilliant signing 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1