Following Chelsea's loans

My Blood Is Blue

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The goals he got against Sweden, the combined yardage of the hat trick was probably about 10. 

IMO, that is exactly what we miss, in someone being in the six yard box. So often we get the ball wide, and the penalty area, particularly in and around the 6 yard box is empty.

Not saying HE is the answer, but the more I think about it, and with the money already spent, I am not sure it would be the worst idea to roll the dice with him again. That said, a lot would depend on how the current crop of players feel about him. If bringing him back is going to upset half the dressing room, forget it. 

I've been saying this since we spent the money in January.  

Tammy used to get into the 6 yard box. He missed quite a few chances, but still managed 22 PL goals in his last season with us. Imagine how many a top striker could get with the likes of Sterling, Chilwell, James and others putting in crosses.

As you say regarding Lukaku - assuming some of the stories about him upsetting other players are true - given all the new players that have come in, and the number likely to leave in the summer... will there actually be many left he might have potentially pissed off last time around? 

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Tammy used to get into the 6 yard box. He missed quite a few chances, but still managed 22 PL goals in his last season with us. Imagine how many a top striker could get with the likes of Sterling, Chilwell, James and others putting in crosses.

As you say regarding Lukaku - assuming some of the stories about him upsetting other players are true - given all the new players that have come in, and the number likely to leave in the summer... will there actually be many left he might have potentially pissed off last time around? 

Think your getting mixed up with games played and goals scored. He only scored 6 goals on his last season with us in 22 games. 

17 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Think your getting mixed up with games played and goals scored. He only scored 6 goals on his last season with us in 22 games. 

You're right... my eye went down the wrong column. Overall, though, he scored a goal every three games... so the point remains; imagine what a real centre forward could accrue!

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

You wouldn't have thought there would be that many left...........

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The goals he got against Sweden, the combined yardage of the hat trick was probably about 10. 

IMO, that is exactly what we miss, in someone being in the six yard box. So often we get the ball wide, and the penalty area, particularly in and around the 6 yard box is empty.

Not saying HE is the answer, but the more I think about it, and with the money already spent, I am not sure it would be the worst idea to roll the dice with him again. That said, a lot would depend on how the current crop of players feel about him. If bringing him back is going to upset half the dressing room, forget it. 

He is probably going to be the only proven striker the club has on the books, assuming PEA will walk in the summer.

Maybe he could work again, if his mindset could be changed to being elder statesman / leader and leading by example, TB new young squad.

Not forgetting to put Samaritans on standby for MK.

59 minutes ago, ROTG said:

He is probably going to be the only proven striker the club has on the books, assuming PEA will walk in the summer.

Maybe he could work again, if his mindset could be changed to being elder statesman / leader and leading by example, TB new young squad.

Not forgetting to put Samaritans on standby for MK.

Believe it or not , if he comes back because nobody else will have him and if he changes his attitude and starts being a team player and scores goals  I am willing to forgive and forget his past discretions .

I think he played the club all ends up but if we're fool enough to give him a third go then that's on us. 

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Believe it or not , if he comes back because nobody else will have him and if he changes his attitude and starts being a team player and scores goals  I am willing to forgive and forget his past discretions .

I think he played the club all ends up but if we're fool enough to give him a third go then that's on us. 

I don't think he played the club, but I also don't believe he wanted to really return either. Even at the time he always wanted to remain at Inter Milan, but I think with Inter's financial situation and the money we  offered it was a case of having to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Four I wouldn't sell - James. Chilly.  W Forfana. Bads.

I would sell the following for whatever we can get - Auba,. Sterling.  Ziyech. Puli. Cucu. KK. Kova.

I voted to keep  Mudryk and Enzo bu if we could get around £120m for them I would take the hit.

The rest I would be open to selling at the right price.

We are obviously not going to sell all of those in one window, so it's not like we would not have enough players left over to form a squad for next season.

7 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Four I wouldn't sell - James. Chilly.  W Forfana. Bads.

I would sell the following for whatever we can get - Auba,. Sterling.  Ziyech. Puli. Cucu. KK. Kova.

I voted to keep  Mudryk and Enzo bu if we could get around £120m for them I would take the hit.

The rest I would be open to selling at the right price.

We are obviously not going to sell all of those in one window, so it's not like we would not have enough players left over to form a squad for next season.

Sell Enzo?  Good lord. 

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

British record fee and I've been pretty disappointed overall.Being the best out of our bang average midfielders (that's being kind to the rest of them)  doesn't mean he's been a good buy.

You're wrong of course. He's elite. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

British record fee and I've been pretty disappointed overall.Being the best out of our bang average midfielders (that's being kind to the rest of them)  doesn't mean he's been a good buy.

We all look at things differently. 

I have no doubt if we buy or appoint someone to hold behind him and free him of the defensive shackles you'll realise what we have here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Is the midfield defensively stronger? Is the midfield more creative and scoring more goals?  The answers two both questions is a big fat no!

He's only played a handful of games!  No forward = no outlet for the midfield who all seem to be holding onto the ball too long as movement rubbish too. Enzo won't be going anywhere. 

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Is the midfield defensively stronger? Is the midfield more creative and scoring more goals?  The answers two both questions is a big fat no!

He's not a defensive player, so expecting a huge impact on that side of the ball from a player not designed to do so is a bit perplexing. 

His impact on the attacking end has also been harmed by he fact he's had to plug a defensive gap, as he's the only player we have on hand that has the positional discipline to sit after we sold Jorginho. 

As I said the other day, we're getting maybe 60% of what Enzo is based on the awful manner in which we're utilising him out of pure necessity. We've already seen glimpses of what he can do creatively when higher up the pitch, that'll hopefully be more of what we see once we actually build out a proper midfield that's balanced and allows for everyone involved to play their ideal role. 

On 29/03/2023 at 13:35, Mark Kelly said:

Yes it's on the club as I don't know many fans who bought into him being the £97m answer to anything.