Following Chelsea's loans

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

@paulw66 I'm sure Potter will have a look at all the loanees (or at least, having said he'd have a look at Hudson-Odoi in the summer, that he'd treat them all equally).

While I've not seen him play for Spezia (I don't recall BT Sport covering one of their games... if they did I must have missed it) I have seen him play for Wales. He's OK (consistently better than Gilmour, anyway, who many used to get carried away by) but I think his real value to us is not as a squad filler, but as a saleable item. As you say, 40 caps and only 22... gotta be a few quid there?

that may well be the case.......

22 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

@paulw66 I'm sure Potter will have a look at all the loanees (or at least, having said he'd have a look at Hudson-Odoi in the summer, that he'd treat them all equally).

While I've not seen him play for Spezia (I don't recall BT Sport covering one of their games... if they did I must have missed it) I have seen him play for Wales. He's OK (consistently better than Gilmour, anyway, who many used to get carried away by) but I think his real value to us is not as a squad filler, but as a saleable item. As you say, 40 caps and only 22... gotta be a few quid there?

It's a win-win situation , we get some money to chuck into the FFP bin , someone like West Ham get a halfway decent midfielder and the media get to lose their minds about how TB let a gem go right under his nose when he scores a goal for his new club. 

16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I haven't seen him play at all in Italy, which is part of the problem for any of us fans to make a call.

I was just thinking with Kante and Jorginho possibly going, and talk of Gallagher being sold to help balance the books, he might be considered a squad option. 

22 years old, and played 40 times for Wales. Quite remarkable. 

For the record, I am not saying he IS good enough, but he's another one out there that Potter may took a look at. When Chalobah was playing on loan in France, I am fairly certain the response / impression would have been the same. 

I've seen a handful of Spezia games this season and would say Ampadu has been ~okay~ for the most part. He played the first half of the season more or less at RCB in a back three, minus the one game early in the season he played RB against Napoli and got rinsed. Post World Cup though he's been playing in midfield and looking better. 

Not sure he's anything but filler for us, and his contract does expire in 2024, so I do think the more likely scenario is that he's sold. Don't think he'll command much of a fee though in all fairness. 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Casadei debut at the weekend:

Seems like Reading love playing the long ball. Was that the best loan move for him?

Don't think it matters personally, the big thing is getting him exposure to senior football something he's yet to play until now. 

Maatsen seems to be on the upward trend at Burnley. Mind you he's being coached another pep disciples. 

Interesting to see what will happen with Maatsen in the summer, especially with the 60m Cocurella being a direct competitor for the no2 LB position.

20 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Don't think it matters personally, the big thing is getting him exposure to senior football something he's yet to play until now. 

Can't imagine anyone improving or learning anything under Paul Ince.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Bison said:

Oh joy.

Well, of course he will, he was on a season long loan.

Have heard rumours of Simeone wanting him at Athletico and it being a reason why we have no option to purchase Felix as any deal will involve Lukaku in a swap plus cash their way.

Could be, probably is,  nonsense but it's not the most unbelievable rumour I've ever heard.

12 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Have heard rumours of Simeone wanting him at Athletico and it being a reason why we have no option to purchase Felix as any deal will involve Lukaku in a swap plus cash their way.

Could be, probably is,  nonsense but it's not the most unbelievable rumour I've ever heard.

I don't think we're that lucky 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, martin1905 said:

That could be good if it does happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect he's sweating , terrified Inter won't want him so is actually trying for a change .

Thought I'd roll this across the 6 yard box to you for a tap-in.

20230329_085027.jpg

12 hours ago, Ham said:

So Lukaku has scored 5 goals in a game and a quarter this week. 

Interesting to see what kind of service he's getting. 

No doubt, the full menu but maybe with a little less from the sweet trolley.

12 hours ago, Ham said:

So Lukaku has scored 5 goals in a game and a quarter this week. 

Interesting to see what kind of service he's getting. 

The goals he got against Sweden, the combined yardage of the hat trick was probably about 10. 

IMO, that is exactly what we miss, in someone being in the six yard box. So often we get the ball wide, and the penalty area, particularly in and around the 6 yard box is empty.

Not saying HE is the answer, but the more I think about it, and with the money already spent, I am not sure it would be the worst idea to roll the dice with him again. That said, a lot would depend on how the current crop of players feel about him. If bringing him back is going to upset half the dressing room, forget it.