Chelsea 0 Aston Villa 2

JaneB

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This felt so inevitable. Unfortunately, James just cannot stay fit and it’s a real problem for us as he is crucial to how we play. Let’s hope nothing happens to Chilwell!

If there was any question regarding RJ's (or any player for that matter.) fitness..whether strain. knock or lingering post injury reaction surely he should have been withdrawn before the England Squad joined up let alone pushed on late in the game?

National Honours are great on a resume and after playing days records but the Clubs pay the wages and the players are Club assets as well as employees.

We all are aware of the countless occasions players have been withdrawn only to feature strongly in the next league match.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This felt so inevitable. Unfortunately, James just cannot stay fit and it’s a real problem for us as he is crucial to how we play. Let’s hope nothing happens to Chilwell!

He's too big to play the role, he should be training for athleticism not bulk. 

And to think his personal trainer who evidently believes he's got a crack at Fury given the build of him  complained about the club. 

I'd be telling him to get rid if I was the club. 

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Ref: Andy Madley 

VAR: Tony Harrington 

(Spoiler Alert @Mark Kelly - haven’t put the match up yet but reading that Anthony Taylor is the ref for the Liverpool game 😡Don’t know if that info is reliable or not)

I don't know whether the social media campaign by Chelsea fans in recent years has had an effect but Taylor has actually been quite fair to us in recent games. 

In the last ten games reffed by Taylor, 4 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss … on the other hand, looking at his granting of straight red cards over the last 11 years, it’s a different picture. 4 to us, one to the opposition.

Edited by Blue Moon

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

(Spoiler Alert @Mark Kelly - haven’t put the match up yet but reading that Anthony Taylor is the ref for the Liverpool game 😡Don’t know if that info is reliable or not)

Tuesday 4 April

CHE  20:00  LIV

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Andre Marriner. VAR: Chris Kavanagh. Assistant VAR: Nick Greenhalgh.

10 hours ago, JaneB said:

I don't think it matters these days Jane, they're all as bad as each other , a fish rots from the head down and the head of the PGMOL has always been rotten.

12 hours ago, hallgalley said:

Tuesday 4 April

CHE  20:00  LIV

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Andre Marriner. VAR: Chris Kavanagh. Assistant VAR: Nick Greenhalgh.

Taylor and Kavanagh were the duo who stuffed us the other year in the ManU game (the one when Maguire kicked Bats in the nuts and stayed on to score their second, and where Zouma's goal was disallowed after a ManU player shoved Azpi into another ManU player).

32 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Taylor and Kavanagh were the duo who stuffed us the other year in the ManU game (the one when Maguire kicked Bats in the nuts and stayed on to score their second, and where Zouma's goal was disallowed after a ManU player shoved Azpi into another ManU player).

Taylor AND Cavanagh , crimony . 

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Just realised I’ll be missing this match, as out with Mrs MBIB for our anniversary… probably tells me all I need to know about my level of interest in this current GP Chelsea side that I wasn’t even aware of when kick off was!

I guess also, there is so little riding on it. Looking at the table, the highest we could realistically finish is 6th, and 11th the lowest. Nothing to get over excited about, whatever happens. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Just realised I’ll be missing this match, as out with Mrs MBIB for our anniversary… probably tells me all I need to know about my level of interest in this current GP Chelsea side that I wasn’t even aware of when kick off was!

These are low times for CFC, aren't they?! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Expectations are really low at the moment , it's quite some doing after the Euphoria of being saved from extinction.

On the bright side, the data says the Charlie Cairoli coaching team will get us out of this low

• Haha 3

Prediction...raised eyebrows on selection.We come out playing decent football for twenty minutes,then they start getting involved in the game.

We are 1-0 up at half time after being on the kosh for the last 10 minutes of the first half.

Potter does nothing in the second half even though we are increasingly under pressure.

Villa equalise in the second half and we start to make changes - too late and we end up 1-1.

4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Prediction...raised eyebrows on selection.We come out playing decent football for twenty minutes,then they start getting involved in the game.

We are 1-0 up at half time after being under the kosh for the last 10 minutes of the first half.

Potter does nothing in the second half even though we are increasingly under pressure.

Villa equalise in the second half and we start to make changes - too late and we end up 1-1.

On 31/03/2023 at 09:45, paulw66 said:

I guess also, there is so little riding on it. Looking at the table, the highest we could realistically finish is 6th, and 11th the lowest. Nothing to get over excited about, whatever happens. 

True in saying  there won't be anything  to get excited about the result, but there is a lot to play for as individual players between now and the end of the season. 

A top pro will never phone in a performance regardless if what's at stake. GP should be looking carefull at this and see who is or is not giving their best. Those that don't are not ones we should be looking to go forward with over the next few years.

Going  a bit off topic here  but it's to do with the kind of mindset I want to see with our players.  When Tiger Woods was at his absolute peak with multi millions in the bank and dozens of tournamens already won, he would still be giving it everything he had coming down the back 9 on the final day of a tournament that he was out of contention in. He never let his standards drop for a second which is why he was so incredibly consistent for so many years. 

2 minutes ago, RDCW said:

What a ridiculous selection. Is this guy trying to get sacked?

If we get anything out of this game it will be in spite of the mediocre man, not because of him. Just go away, Potter.

Edited by RDCW