Chelsea 0 Brentford 2

JaneB

23 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Mount and James are now out for the season

It's been obvious for a while that James has been playing with an injury, so it makes sense to give him the time to get it properly fixed and rested ahead of next season. The same goes for Mount, he's obviously been trying to make himself available but just isn't quite there, so hopefully surgery will sort the problem out and he can also get a deserved and needed extended break.

• Like 3

From Frank's conference 

James has been ruled out after a scan on a hamstring problem, while Mount has a pelvic injury.

"Reece James will be unavailable for the rest of the season, Mason Mount the same," said Lampard.

Chelsea are in advanced talks with former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino to take charge.

"Reece had a hamstring injury in the midweek game," added Lampard. "He got through it but then had a scan and he's out.

"Mason has been carrying a pelvic injury for a while. It predates myself and he has been trying typically but he will have minor surgery, then a four-week recovery

So have we seen Mason in a Chelsea shirt for the last time? 😓

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

From Frank's conference 

Maybe I'm just clutching at straws but, apart from Chelsea, does anyone think a club chasing a player,,obviously Mason in this case...would go ahead before seeing if the surgery or recovery was succesful?

Giving,hopefully, some breathing space with a new coach etc.

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

Mount and James are now out for the season

I saw this so I guess it's back to a back four, unless Frank decides to punish a few of the wingers for their form by playing them at WB?

22 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

From Frank's conference 

Word on the street suggests that Boehly is trying to convince Mount to extend his contrat by a year to see how things pan out with MoPo.. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chara said:

Maybe I'm just clutching at straws but, apart from Chelsea, does anyone think a club chasing a player,,obviously Mason in this case...would go ahead before seeing if the surgery or recovery was succesful?

Giving,hopefully, some breathing space with a new coach etc.

Depends on the severity of the injury I suppose and the type of surgery needed. If it's just deemed "routine" then yeah, I don't think many clubs will be put off all too much.

There's also unlikely to be an opportunity to "see" Mount play post-surgery anyway, courtesy of the ultimatum of "extend or be sold" come the summer. Can't imagine he'll be partaking in pre-season friendlies here if he's off.

56 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Kepa

Azpilicueta W Fofana Badiashile Chilwell

Enzo Chalobah Chukwuemeka 

Madueke D Fofana Mudryk

Something to think about for the future!

Mid table pl team level, nowhere near good enough for Chelsea and top 4 spot. TB sporting dept line up, not personal of a top coach for now or the future. 

3-4 of those player will go out on loan next season. 

Edited by ROTG

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

Mid table pl team level, nowhere near good enough for Chelsea and top 4 spot. TB sporting dept line up, not personal of a top coach for now or the future. 

3-4 of those player will go out on loan next season. 

Better that we play players likely to go on loan next season than players out of contract or about to be sold. We'd struggle to make an XI of players that will definitely be in the first team squad next season.

2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Better that we play players likely to go on loan next season than players out of contract or about to be sold. We'd struggle to make an XI of players that will definitely be in the first team squad next season.

Hence the need for the new coach to be in place with the power to select the player he wants to keep and not a TB sporting department mishmash. 

2 hours ago, bertles86 said:

Screenshot_20230426_144501_Brave.thumb.jpg.13a31cf0ec20edca824364eb226dd8a4.jpg

D Forfana has played 5 games 2 x PL & 3 x PL2 so once his arrival and I cannot see any mention of any injuries. 

Sums up where the lad is in his career 

• Like 1

It's actually quite relaxing being in the position of not caring whether we lose or not. Usually at this stage of the season we're fretting over  titles or qualification. It's a bit like an extended pre-season for next season. Nudge me if we threaten their goal or if we're still in it come the 80th minute.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It's actually quite relaxing being in the position of not caring whether we lose or not. 

Won't even watch. 

A much more interesting match is taking place. Two proper teams with proper managers. 

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

It's actually quite relaxing being in the position of not caring whether we lose or not. Usually at this stage of the season we're fretting over  titles or qualification. It's a bit like an extended pre-season for next season. Nudge me if we threaten their goal or if we're still in it come the 80th minute.

Much agreed. However, I'd like to see us score some goals and play entertaining fotball.

Edited by asvaberg

15 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Won't even watch. 

A much more interesting match is taking place. Two proper teams with proper managers. 

Don’t keep having a go at Frank.  He’ll be gone soon enough ☹️

And is relegation still mathematically possible?