Chelsea 0 Brentford 2

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brentford at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 hours on Wednesday, 26th April 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

(Manchester United vs Chelsea scheduled for Saturday, 22nd April 2023 has been Postponed)

19 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Field the kids and those that have concrete futures here beyond next season, everyone else can start their holidays as far as I'm concerned. 

Well yes. Problem is it's as far as Frank is concerned!

Don't expect that SFL will do anything out of the box! 

32 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Let's give youngsters minutes, I want to see Hall, Chuka, Madueke, Fofana2 and maybe even Słonina. Give the lads some experience in the Prem and screw the result, just get a good performance.

Disagree. There are 7 games left and we are only 12 points from relegation. We simply have to take points and use our finest lineup possible (for what it's worth)

Please no Felix, Zakaria, Pulisic, Ziyech or Aubameyang anywhere near the squad as there is absolutely no point.

You could add a few more people to the list that are likely to leave, but as they are either club stalwarts or academy products I hope they get a good send-off in the dreary drudge that the final 7 matches will be.

Just now, chiswickblue said:

Please no Felix, Zakaria, Pulisic, Ziyech or Aubameyang anywhere near the squad as there is absolutely no point.

You could add a few more people to the list that are likely to leave, but as they are either club stalwarts or academy products I hope they get a good send-off in the dreary drudge that the final 7 matches will be.

Frode Grodas , there's a name to conjure with .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

and use our finest lineup possible

Ok but if Felix, Sterling & Co. can't score a goal to save their life, why rely on them?

Why not select a fit, young striker like Fofana2 and see if he can get on the end of a few crosses from James and Chilwell?  At least he'll get in the box, you'd hope.

11 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Field the kids and those that have concrete futures here beyond next season, everyone else can start their holidays as far as I'm concerned. 

Problem is Lampard has his reputation to consider. Playing the kids is in the club’s interest. Not necessarily in Lampard’s who’s already lost four in a row. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Disagree. There are 7 games left and we are only 12 points from relegation. We simply have to take points and use our finest lineup possible (for what it's worth)

We’re not going to get relegated due to the sheer number of teams below us.

Besides, some of those names listed might actually be an upgrade! 

• Haha 1

After last nights performance (which I actually thought was pretty good all things considered) I’m now strangely optimistic about this match. My fear is that the levels will drop back to utter shite again as this isn’t a “big” European Cup fixture. If we can play with similar energy and desire then I reckon we’ll win. 

26 minutes ago, chrisb said:

After last nights performance (which I actually thought was pretty good all things considered) I’m now strangely optimistic about this match. My fear is that the levels will drop back to utter shite again as this isn’t a “big” European Cup fixture. If we can play with similar energy and desire then I reckon we’ll win. 

They never play "well" twice in a row

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Is that a truism ?

Well we’re 11th and lots of the nine teams below us are on worse runs than we are.   In the last 6 years, no team has been relegated and finished on more than 35 points.   

We are already on 39 with 7 games to go.  6 or 7 would have to put serious runs together and leap frog us, which is just not going to happen. 

FWIW, I don’t see us picking up many more points.  3 or 4 perhaps, but fortunately we have enough in the bank.  We should start to look towards next season now.

On 19/04/2023 at 05:27, xceleryx said:

Chances are we continue to struggle for the remaining games of the season, so I think it would be best to play those who are leaving rather than our young players. Those who will be leaving won't be effected by further bad performances and losses, so I see that as a better option than bringing in the young players who could then start next season coming off the back of a run of poor performances and losses and already doubting themselves. Best for the likes of Forfana2 and others who've been  relitively untainted by this year's woe to be left out to let them start fresh under a new manager next season.

19 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Problem is Lampard has his reputation to consider. Playing the kids is in the club’s interest. Not necessarily in Lampard’s who’s already lost four in a row. 

Can't get any worse then, can it? At least the younger players might put a shift in