CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

Official: Chelsea sign Nicolas Jackson on an 8 Year Contract

JaneB

31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Thought he excellent again yesterday, especially first half. 

If he carries on improving like this, we will have a real bargain on our hands. 

Didn’t he play wide in Spain as well. He’s quietly improving, for sure, and dare I say looking quite an exciting young player. Credit where it’s due, though I’m not sure if @Mark Kelly will put it down to coaching…or despite it! 🤣🤣💀

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

Didn’t he play wide in Spain as well. He’s quietly improving, for sure, and dare I say looking quite an exciting young player. Credit where it’s due, though I’m not sure if @Mark Kelly will put it down to coaching…or despite it! 🤣🤣💀

I think we need to take the side as a whole , my opinion is that as a group we are getting to know each others strengths and weaknesses and are more familiar with each others roles in the side .

I feel the most we can lay on Pochettino is that the side all do seem to want to play, want to do well and like each other , we see it in the post match interviews like yesterdays where Chuk said that Palmer had told him , if you get on I will assist a goal for you . There is a spirit of togetherness.

I feel I must clarify I don't dislike Pochettino , I just wish he was better , in this instance I'd say it was 70% Jackson and 30% Pochettino 

I don't see how someone who can't organise the defense , plays players out of position , can't coach them to take or defend set pieces 

makes substitutions that baffle and has no tactical acumen that I can see can suddenly be great at getting the best out of people 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I feel I must clarify I don't dislike Pochettino , I just wish he was better , in this instance I'd say it was 70% Jackson and 30% Pochettino 

I don't see how someone who can't organise the defense , plays players out of position , can't coach them to take or defend set pieces 

makes substitutions that baffle and has no tactical acumen that I can see can suddenly be great at getting the best out of people 

Pretty much my view as well Mark....I don't think he is at the Potter fraud level but just a coach for at a middle going nowhere club ...might sound like Chelsea now but if he stays nothing will really change and despite the apparent failure so far of the "Owners" there is no doubt that they want/intend Chelsea to be back among the fat cats..The Poch is not the man for that........ steady the ship then hand it over..the Old Droy jockey analogy.

I want him gone as soon as a new BETTER coach can be found...that to my mind is the real problem  Who?

1 minute ago, Blue Moon said:

Sorry, @chara, but no. This lot need more than a sonic screwdriver

😆Sorry BM..the image of a sonic screwdriver and this lot is mind boggling !

Not sure exactly what you disagree with....not an issue as I value your viewpoint but not sure what to respond to.

The Squad ? Todd & Co ? The coach?...I often try too hard to be fair but like an alternative viewpoint from sensible voices.

1 hour ago, chara said:

I want him gone as soon as a new BETTER coach can be found...that to my mind is the real problem  Who?

I assumed - wrongly - that you were advocating a time-lord as the solution to our problems, @chara.
Personally, I’m confused by Poch’s weird substitutions, but otherwise he might be the right managed for us in the short to medium term. Certainly this bunch of overpaid primadonna youths seem to be starting to coalesce into a team, so he’s not totally failing. 

2 hours ago, chara said:

I am happy to wait until the end of the season because that would be less disruptive. To me, the issue is who.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I assumed - wrongly - that you were advocating a time-lord as the solution to our problems, @chara.
Personally, I’m confused by Poch’s weird substitutions, but otherwise he might be the right managed for us in the short to medium term. Certainly this bunch of overpaid primadonna youths seem to be starting to coalesce into a team, so he’s not totally failing. 

Ha Ha,,a Time Lord?...not the worst idea. .especially if one could alter time and bring us back the likes of Ossie Zola and too many others to dare to mention without wet eyes!

Reluctantly I agree with the short to medium term view,,not endorse it so much as being pragmatic...as ever any change MUST be an upgrade and not a punt on yet another "name".

That's the rub...not totally failing but I don't think any of us really believe he can lead us out of the wilderness.

3 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I am happy to wait until the end of the season because that would be less disruptive. To me, the issue is who.

Who, and also the fact there's going to be several good jobs available come the summer, with generally more popping up as the season concludes. Competition to sign the more attractive options will be high.

• Agree 1

Thinking about it, I would go further. If there is no candidate of sufficient quality available with a recent record of successfully managing a squad in a comparable league who wants to join, then I would stick with Poch because he would be the best option available. I don't want another Potter, AVB, or, I hate to say it, SFL. Just because someone has done well in the Championship, or with a club with limited means or is 'liked' by news and TV pundits, does not make them a good choice for Chelsea.  If I were in charge, I would already have feelers out and be talking in private to agents with a view to assessing alternatives (without detriment to the current incumbent). Fortunately, I think they do this anyway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Do you have anything good to say about anyone, ever?

Yep - Palmer, Gusto, Gilchrist have a great future. Chukwuemeka is also a decent player. Madueke also a good little player. Rest of these clowns need a shift down to Championship level along with a complete rebuild.

Palmer getting all the praise (and rightly so btw) but special mention to Jackson. Thought he was amazing last night. 

If he can learn how to strike the ball cleanly more often than not we have potentially one of the best forwards around. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Bison said:

Palmer getting all the praise (and rightly so btw) but special mention to Jackson. Thought he was amazing last night. 

If he can learn how to strike the ball cleanly more often than not we have potentially one of the best forwards around. 

Some of his dribbling yesterday was an absolute joy. 

Still quite raw, but with some proper coaching, I think he'll be a real handful. Can see him playing off a target man too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Still quite raw, but with some proper coaching, I think he'll be a real handful. Can see him playing off a target man too.

Nico Jackson playing off the left with a target man through the middle would be an excellent option for certain games. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Definitely feels like he could do very well playing in a partnership up top.  Whether that's with a target man or with a more Gudjohnsen-type, i'm not quite sure though? 

17 hours ago, johnnybozo said:

People genuinely praising this clown as if he's anything more than League 1 quality

22 years old, first season in a new league, in a new country and he has 18 goal contributions in 31 starts.

Maybe you're the clown?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

22 years old, first season in a new league, in a new country and he has 18 goal contributions in 31 starts.

Maybe you're the clown?

No maybe about it. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

He’s not Drogba (who is?!) but you’re way way, WAY too harsh here imo broski 👻 💀 😬

Didier Drogba certainly wasn't doing the things Jackson is doing at the age of 22, he was playing in the second tier in France so who knows?

If Jackson goes on to achieve half of what the great man did then he will prove to be a bargain, although he already is in my book. He averages a goal contribution every other game in the league and across all competitions.

£35m for a 22 year old striker who scores or assists  every other game, at the highest level,  in his first season in a new country is ridiculous. 

Funny how we are always crying out for this exact type of signing and when we do it people moan. Crazy.

• Like 2

On 15/04/2024 at 20:59, bertles86 said:

13Gx5A...

Been denied a few assists by the worst player in the squad:

Hopefully he'll start putting those away in about four years time as everybody believes.