Official: Chelsea sign Nicolas Jackson on an 8 Year Contract

JaneB

2 hours ago, Bison said:

What's funny is how people view and talk about Jackson in comparison to somebody like Mudryk.

You would think Mudryk is a raw 16 year old and Jackson is 10 years his senior. Hard to believe Jackson is actually younger than Mudryk if you only listened to Chelsea fans discuss both players.

Jackson has looked far more competent and worthy of all the 'give him time' sentiment that seems exclusive to Mudryk at this point.

Very true and to be fair both are improving, once people accept that we arent going to make top 4 this season and just enjoy the ride i think they may be less harsh on these lads. It's not their fault they were thrown in the deep end at an unstable period of Chelseas history.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I just mentioned on another thread, being a new member and having finished work for Christmas I've plenty of time on my hands and plenty to say so apologies in advance 😂

22 years old. Has only started 29 league games in his life. 19 goals and 6 assists is not bad.

3 hours ago, ozzie said:

I just mentioned on another thread, being a new member and having finished work for Christmas I've plenty of time on my hands and plenty to say so apologies in advance 😂

22 years old. Has only started 29 league games in his life. 19 goals and 6 assists is not bad.

Don't apologise, and welcome. 

Fire away 💙

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, ozzie said:

To repeat Ham's comment.....having plenty to say is the life blood here😊....... welcome and ,,is ozzie after OUR ozzie who I never met but watched many many times..or the Osbourne (with John Bonham) who I did meet but never watched much!,..?,,just asking

15 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

This is our number 9. SMH 

He is a pure Gambian bobo. He is a Krio or Aku boy- my grandma is Krio and her last name was Yorke) who was born and raised in Banjul and developed by Gambian coaches where he played for a club side called Waa Banjul in Div, 2 and Div 3. There are pictures of him in the league line-ups.

Senegal stole him from Gambia and has now invented a new story about his background that he was raised in Ziguinchorr which is a huge lie. His mom is from Ziguinchorr and he was spotted by Diomansys Kamara playing pickup football while visiting his mom. He was subsequently recruited by Casas Sport in Senegal where he played for barely a season before Villarreal snapped him up and the rest is history. He's now at Chelsea but the thing that slightly disturbs us Gambians is how he has cut Gambia out of his life story. There's no true success in life when you fail to recognize those that helped raise and develop you.

I lifted this from another forum. 

354052808_6512177575468940_8365448610736

Edited by Bigpokey24

On 25/12/2023 at 08:53, Bigpokey24 said:

This is our number 9. SMH 

He does move well enough, I'll give him that.

That being said, he wants two or three touches every time he receives the ball. You don't get that time in the Premier League unless you have elite technical qualities - which he does not. On several occasions a first time shot would've been the higher percentage choice, instead he wants that extra touch which either results in him botching it altogether, or the space to shoot gets closed down and the opportunity disappears altogether. 

He can be worked with but he's certainly not ready to be leading the line for a Premier League side on his own. 

• Like 1

I sometimes think that Jackson (and others) should reflect on the comments of FloMo when he first joined us. 

“During the actual games it is as though everybody’s brains are switched off.” Malouda said. “People play by instinct, spontaneously, in the way they did when they first discovered football.”

We play the game intuitively. If a striker receives the ball with any chance of scoring, he will be given no time to get an extra touch or consider his options. This is because we train our defenders to close attackers down as quickly as possible. So, he must take the chance or move the ball. If he shoots, he will sometimes miss. We accept that because mostly he will get it on target and when he does, he will most likely score because the GK has no time to set himself.

On 26/12/2023 at 00:10, xceleryx said:

He does move well enough, I'll give him that.

That being said, he wants two or three touches every time he receives the ball. You don't get that time in the Premier League unless you have elite technical qualities - which he does not. On several occasions a first time shot would've been the higher percentage choice, instead he wants that extra touch which either results in him botching it altogether, or the space to shoot gets closed down and the opportunity disappears altogether. 

He can be worked with but he's certainly not ready to be leading the line for a Premier League side on his own. 

He has also scored with one touch when he sees it coming across the space between keeper and back four  though played into his feet around defenders he struggles.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

A real talent waiting to explode. 

Would be nice if the match going fans gave him as much support as they did rubbish like Werner who didn't have half the talent. 

It's really odd how quickly he has been turned upon, particularly compared to Werner (great example) who arrived for a bigger fee, with a proper  pedigree and, despite trying his best, was ultimately terrible 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It's really odd how quickly he has been turned upon, particularly compared to Werner (great example) who arrived for a bigger fee, with a proper  pedigree and, despite trying his best, was ultimately terrible 

I think most of us are still largely behind him, I know I am, it's really early days still and I'm certain he'll improve next season. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think most of us are still largely behind him, I know I am, it's really early days still and I'm certain he'll improve next season. 

He has very little support in the ground 

At the Palace game I heard one bloke calling him the worst CF we've had in 30 years 

Another one calling him Glenda... 

I think he's a bit pony when in front of goal but the amount of stick he gets considering he's outscored Nunez, Hojlund and every Arsenal attacker goes to show he could be doing worse.

• Agree 2

pnja9213ao9c1.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

* Note this does take into account his time at Villarreal. 

29% at Villarreal and 15% at here. 

While he is frustrating, there is room to improve. Considering the quality of chances he does miss, I do imagine we'll see his conversion rate improve eventually. 

Edited by xceleryx

I wonder does that fact the manager doesn't know his arse from his elbow make a difference to a player's confidence?

We watched Luton tearing us apart in the final stages because they had a free player coming in from the left hand side.It was a simple change to thwart the pressure we came under.

Could Mudryk not be assigned to a similar role?.Imo he is being wasted because of a coach that can't coach.

I've seen enough of Poch that says to me he should go asap.

Edited by kev61
  • Agree 1