Chelsea 2 AFC Wimbledon 1

JaneB

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Ah really, that’s a shame, I saw that he was back in full training and hoped he might be ready. 

In which case I’d go Jackson.  Hopefully can get on the scoresheet and we can give Burstow half an hour 

My source might not be fully reliable, but over the years it has been pretty accurate:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

17 hours ago, ROTG said:

you throw a load of youngsters win and in the next round the club draw Chitty or another top team what happens then?

You pick a stronger team. There is no rule to say you have to pick the same XI in every tie.

That said, I agree we should try and win this competition in a season without Europe. I anticipate a few changes, but not many. We actually don't have that many choices given our injury list.

I expect Maatsen and Ugochukwo to start, but these were the unused subs from Friday.....

Beach, Bergstrom, Humphreys, Cucurella, Madueke, Moreira, 

• Agree 1

I am not sure if he simply meant relying on younger players already in the squad or drafting them in. Excluding those not available, the six youngest players in our squad are Big Les(19), Bashir(20), Levi(20), Malo(20), Mason(20) and Maatsen(21), so it's not much different from a normal game. Of course, he may simply mean that they are involved on the bench.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I am not sure if he simply meant relying on younger players already in the squad or drafting them in. Excluding those not available, the six youngest players in our squad are Big Les(19), Bashir(20), Levi(20), Malo(20), Mason(20) and Maatsen(21), so it's not much different from a normal game. Of course, he may simply mean that they are involved on the bench.

Don’t all those players qualify for the Chelsea U21 side which plays in the EFL cup or whatever it’s called?

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Poch says we will rotate and see 4 or 5 academy players.

Absolute foolishness IMO, first team needs minutes on the park to become a functional unit. 

As seen against ManUre, Forrest are no pushovers, let’s hope his decision does not come back and bite him.  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolute foolishness IMO, first team needs minutes on the park to become a functional unit. 

As seen against ManUre, Forrest are no pushovers, let’s hope his decision does not come back and bite him.  

Well, we are playing AFC Wimbledon (league 2) , not Forest. 

Have you been thinking we are playing Forest? 

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, we are playing AFC Wimbledon (league 2) , not Forest. 

Have you been thinking we are playing Forest? 

The team needs minutes on the park in a competitive game or do you think a player like Caceido is full assimilated into the first team squad with Poch’s formation and tactics?

go 2-3 up and then rotate 

Let’s revisit after the Forest game or Maybe this one should it go south 😀

Edited by ROTG

5 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The team needs minutes on the park in a competitive game or do you think a player like Caceido is full assimilated into the first team squad with Poch’s formation and tactics?

I see your point now. 

You meant we should be using this game to prep for Forest. 

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Use your foresight to make some money. I imagine you will get 20/1 at least on Wimbledon and probably about 7/1 on Forest.

3 horse races and you are getting percentages of 5% and about 12.5%.....get stuck in!

24 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Use your foresight to make some money. I imagine you will get 20/1 at least on Wimbledon and probably about 7/1 on Forest.

3 horse races and you are getting percentages of 5% and about 12.5%.....get stuck in!

Unfortunately being a person who preaches to the flock, using their donations for profiteering is a no no.  With the exception of the annual home banker with @martin1905 😀

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

enjoy the splinters 🙂

No splinters me. 

I am either right or wrong with regards to the starting line up against Wimbledon. 

Same with the Forrest game, I am right or wrong. 

I am sure you will be one of the first to jump on the band wagon if I am wrong. 

next. 

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

I see you've pivoted from getting coats to revisiting everything later 😉

30 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think we should rotate the starting 11 tonight, but I will trust in whatever Poch decides is best... I think he knows a bit more about this kind of thing than me.

It's also a good opportunity to get some of these players to gel.

I would leave out Silva, and look to take off a few once the game is put to bed, hopefully by the hour. 

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It's also a good opportunity to get some of these players to gel.

I would leave out Silva, and look to take off a few once the game is put to bed, hopefully by the hour. 

Yeah, I completely get that and can understand that side of it as well. It’s about getting the right balance.

I would at least expect Silva and probably Chilwell to get a rest (with his recent injury problems) and maybe Sterling as well, as we need to keep him wrapped in cotton wool based on current form.

On 28/08/2023 at 10:13, Thiago97 said:

Agreed. If we can’t handle 6-7 changes at home to a League2 outfit then it’s a bit worrying really.

Squad members sure. Just so long it isn't 6 or7 kids. The u21s didn't achieve much for the cause last night against MK Dons in the EFL Trophy. We don't want to go and get all "Spursy" before we've even begun.

On 26/08/2023 at 18:32, chara said:

Just a thought,,why rotate?....I understand the injury possibility but players go down in training.

Hardly going  to be a log jam of matches going forward...put out a strong side and give the squad more time to gell.

Plus hopefully get a few goals before bringing on fringe development players late on.

Judging from the manager's presser yesterday that's not how Pochettino sees it. There will be changes. But like you I ask why? We want as many games this season in the cups as possible as we are already going to be 8 or 10 games light compared with previous seasons. If the players are going to be asked to only turn out once every 10 days or so because of rotation and then they get injured on the trraining pitch anyway we will rapidly go down the path of Mo's Spuds. It isn't just about top 4. It's trophies too.