Chelsea 0 Aston Villa 1

JaneB

Here's Football365's take on Chelsea:

Chelsea
In 2023, Chelsea have won as many Premier League games as Everton, lost as many Premier League games as Wolves, scored fewer Premier League goals than Leicester and Leeds and have collected fewer Premier League points than Bournemouth.

They are a lower bottom-half club in every sense bar reputation and budget. The composition of that squad will never not be hilarious.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Here's Football365's take on Chelsea:

Chelsea
In 2023, Chelsea have won as many Premier League games as Everton, lost as many Premier League games as Wolves, scored fewer Premier League goals than Leicester and Leeds and have collected fewer Premier League points than Bournemouth.

They are a lower bottom-half club in every sense bar reputation and budget. The composition of that squad will never not be hilarious.

To be fair aren't we top 4 in expected xG? Droy would have loved that.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've  removed every single Chelsea player from my fantasy football team and made Olly Watkins triple captain, we'll win this with a Sterling and Jackson masterclass

I had a text from a mate 5 mins into the Bournemouth match, apologising because he has moved Sterling into his team... I still don't accept the apology.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, asvaberg said:

We need some positivity and humor in this thread:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/264832476366408

OK...for those who may have caught my "prediction" for the B/mouth game...4-1 Chelsea victory....it just may have crossed their minds that I never post score predictions and rarely even result predictions..win draw lose...

Now I don't think for a minute that most members are just agog waiting for my next post and am always chuffed if I get a comment or reaction to a post but maybe an explanation is in order for my uncharacteristic outburst of crystal ball'ism.

We keep a bag of M&M candy (sweets) in the fridge for the sweet tooth moments...last week I grabbed a handful blindly to find in my hand 4 blue and one cherry red ...hmm thinks I...next day after the last of the bag had been finished by Mrs C I opened a new bag and the handful I extracted was,,,4 blue and one redish brown...if ever there was an omen ...so I posted my prediction whilst also making arrangements to "bet the farm" on the result...well not exactly but the big screen tv and the good vehicle needed to be turned into stake cash...too good a chance to miss....

Mrs C is off to UK Wednesday..I'm hoping she will not notice on her return the smaller tv in the living room and just my old truck in the yard...😩

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, chara said:

OK...for those who may have caught my "prediction" for the B/mouth game...4-1 Chelsea victory....it just may have crossed their minds that I never post score predictions and rarely even result predictions..win draw lose...

Now I don't think for a minute that most members are just agog waiting for my next post and am always chuffed if I get a comment or reaction to a post but maybe an explanation is in order for my uncharacteristic outburst of crystal ball'ism.

We keep a bag of M&M candy (sweets) in the fridge for the sweet tooth moments...last week I grabbed a handful blindly to find in my hand 4 blue and one cherry red ...hmm thinks I...next day after the last of the bag had been finished by Mrs C I opened a new bag and the handful I extracted was,,,4 blue and one redish brown...if ever there was an omen ...so I posted my prediction whilst also making arrangements to "bet the farm" on the result...well not exactly but the big screen tv and the good vehicle needed to be turned into stake cash...too good a chance to miss....

Mrs C is off to UK Wednesday..I'm hoping she will not notice on her return the smaller tv in the living room and just my old truck in the yard...😩

Wow, if true a great story and commiserations!!

I'm not sure Bournemouth play in reddish brown (or if M&Ms come in that colour? :D) - that might have been your problem, Chara.

Okay on predictions:

Hand on heart, is anyone willing to predict we will beat Villa at the weekend?

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Wow, if true a great story and commiserations!!

I'm not sure Bournemouth play in reddish brown (or if M&Ms come in that colour? :D) - that might have been your problem, Chara.

Okay on predictions:

Honest Max..the m&m part is true...maybe a slight exaggeration or poetic licence for the rest although Mrs C is off to UK Wednesday!

This weekend?....I'll check the m&ms later in the week!......perhaps I should make it a regular feature...goodness knows we need some smiles....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I will spend the rest of the week analysing statistics and metrics before I could possibly comment.

I need to keep up to speed with the intelligentsia of the football world.

Edited by kev61

11 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Villa can be vulnerable, you can definitely get at them and that defence of theirs can be very leaky at times, but they’re equally as dangerous in attack, same old fears going in to this game. 

When we can't score but are being celebrated for creating chances, I can't see us beating a team who create chances and score a ton of goals.

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

We look better, I think, against teams who come out to play. 

Look at the Liverpool game.  

Play players in their right positions here and I think we get the result. 

Your relentless optimism does you great credit. 

Standing in the right positions? 

Where have I heard that before? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1