Tottenham Hotspur 1 Chelsea 4

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Monday, 6th November 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Hoping we've got Enzo and Mudryk back.  Broja would be preferential to Jackson too. 

As MK says, we're much better against teams that go for it. 

Agree. Without Mudryk and Enzo we will struggle. If James is back could we risk a 3, 5, 2 against Spuds? 

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if we play a kind of 4-2-2-2 type formation a bit like we did against Arsenal. Cole and Conor in a high press. Mudryk and Sterling supporting the attackers in possession and the backs out of it, Enzo, Caicedo in midfield and Gusto, DIsasi, Colwill and Cucurella as the back four with Sanchez in goal. Probably depends on who is availaable.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sanchez

James - Disasi - Silva - Colwill

Enzo - Caicedo

Sterling - Gallagher - Mudryk

Palmer

The fact that our strongest side contains a non-striker playing the striker role again, after all the money spent, is diabolical.

Jackson does need to be benched  for while but I'd rather see Washington be given a start than Palmer playing as the main striker. For me, Palmer(and to a lesser extent Gallagher) is the one bright light so far this season and I don't want to see him messed about playing out of position.

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Jackson does need to be benched  for while but I'd rather see Washington be given a start than Palmer playing as the main striker. For me, Palmer(and to a lesser extent Gallagher) is the one bright light so far this season and I don't want to see him messed about playing out of position.

So you want to play an even more inexperienced player over our Number one striker against a top of the table team in a London Derby. Talk about destroying two players confidence in one go.

41 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

So you want to play an even more inexperienced player over our Number one striker against a top of the table team in a London Derby. Talk about destroying two players confidence in one go.

I look at it another way.

We'll be away from home in a game where we'll be clear second favourites. Imho that takes away the pressure off from a young player making his first start. He'd have more pressure to do well in a home game against the likes of a Sheff Utd, so I don't see what harm it would do Washington to see how he goes for 45 mins at Spurs.

Also, if Jackson has anything about him (and I think he does) then being on the bench for a while shouldn't effect his confidence one bit. It should be expected that such a raw player will have some ups and downs along the way and doesn't make the starting lineup at times. Same goes for Mudryk and others.

Edited by boratsbrother