JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

9 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Sorry Kev - not letting you be the grumpmeister general on this one.

Nkunku is going to transform our team. From Caicedo to Enzo to Jackson. He will glue everything together and bang.

I like your optimism - don't get me wrong I like Nkunku  and he does look special but to say"he will glue everything together" is a bit ambitious. 

As for for being a "grumpmeister general"...I fully agree  - I piss myself off at times.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

I like your optimism - don't get me wrong I like Nkunku  and he does look special but to say"he will glue everything together" is a bit ambitious. 

As for for being a "grumpmeister general"...I fully agree  - I piss myself off at times.

Haha, was just kidding Kev 😄

I really predict Nkunku's gonna hit the ground running, although apparently he won't play against Toon.

32 goals and assists in 36 games last season. 55 in 52 the season before that!!!

Which other of our forwards have recent stats like that to back them up?

35 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Haha, was just kidding Kev 😄

I really predict Nkunku's gonna hit the ground running, although apparently he won't play against Toon.

32 goals and assists in 36 games last season. 55 in 52 the season before that!!!

I suppose a lot of folk thought the same about Timo Werner?.I get it that they are completely differently players but.... .

43 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Lukaku & Werner that's why we brought them

BTW who is he going to replace in the team?

To repeat Kev, Like the optimism very @martin1905

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Lukaku & Werner that's why we brought them

BTW who is he going to replace in the team?

To repeat Kev, Like the optimism very @martin1905

@kev61 makes a good point actually, Werner's record was very similar in the seasons before joining. Some players just do not translate well from the Bundesliga to the PL - much easier to score goals over there.

Lukaku is more of a weird case though - if he wanted to stay I think he would be banging in the goals for us.

I suppose Nkunku could flop and anyway I think the board has blamed too much of our failures on him being out. I just can't help thinking he's got the physicality, attitude, technicality, experience required (if we can just keep him fit..)

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Tell me, if you are in a room alone, do you start a fight with yourself? Just checking the extent of your condition.

As Sir Alex Ferguson once said about Dennis Wise "He could start a row in an empty house"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

There aren't unlimited international loans for U21s, unless they are homegrown,, so it isn't easy to find a temporary home for Ugochuwka in January, or also for Andrey Santos who has hardly played at Forest.

you are right. maybe they will look to convert one of the existing loans (Lukaku perhaps) into a permanent transfer 

33 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I heard Eddie Howe say after PSG that he wants his team to play in different ways to deal with different teams. That suggests to me they should be parking the bus tomorrow and hitting us on the break. Would be crazy for them not to.

Thank you Max! (see my Transfer post!)...but..but... Sir Eddie is the, the. Very Best of The Latest Pure Football messiahs according to "Those Who Really Understand Football",,better known as The Media.. ...surely he will put on a display for the purists?

• Like 1

This game is always fun for me. I moved to Newcastle in 2012, went to Glasgow between 2019-2022, and now back in Newcastle. 

While up here, I've been to 5 away games at St James' Park, which resulted in four defeats and a draw.  One time Chelsea played here and I happened to be out of the city, and we won. 2-1 I believe. This is irrefutable evidence that my presence at St James' Park is deeply detrimental to our chance of success.

The good news this year is that I FAILED to obtain a ticket in the away end so I will NOT be in the stadium! Therefore, we have a chance! I am, unfortunately, going to be in the city though...  So I'm going to guess it'll be a draw.

Anyway in all seriousness, I really can't take us getting hammered. It's always unbearable here when we do. But I guess there's no reason for that to happen is there...?

• Haha 1