JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

On 16/11/2023 at 09:39, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm not getting too excited about having a large number of players to choose from just yet, I fully expect at least a few to return from the international break injured, no doubt one being Palmer!

This will be a good test of where we are at the moment I think, we're up against a good Newcastle side, but a Newcastle side with injuries, which should hopefully mean we go for it as we did against City.

Poch(more or less) said we went for it against City.

Why would we do otherwise against Newcastle? - unless he is was giving a reason why we got an expected good result that he wants credit for.

If we 'go for it' against Newcastle I will start to believe him.

37 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Poch(more or less) said we went for it against City.

Why would we do otherwise against Newcastle? - unless he is was giving a reason why we got an unexpected good result that he wants credit for.

On 19/11/2023 at 00:24, kev61 said:

I think that it's as much about if 'the opposition go for  it', as it is about if we do.

If they sit in, we'll struggle - as is usual. 

I am hoping that them being at home will result in them coming out to play, but Howe is pragmatic first and idealistic some way down the line after pragmatism and will do what's necessary  to win the game.

This feels like quite a big game the nearer we get to it.

We haven't yet beaten a decent team this season. We should, in terms of morale, be on a bit of a crest of a wave and coming up against an injury depleted team who may be focused elsewhere. 

I think we're going to be up and down all season in results at least so I don't sense much of a chance to put a marker down in that sense, but perhaps a chance to not have the bubble so immediately burst.

• Like 1

An old school mate and Toon Fanatic of many years has just emerged from choky for something quite unrepeatable, and I expect will be at St James’ Park. We no longer speak. For his sake ….. I hope we thrash them within an inch of their lives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

A win with a goal from Nkunku off the bench would be ideal, not asking too much is it?

2 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I was hoping for something a little less nervy.

He didn't say we couldn't already be 4-0 up when Nkunku scores 

• Like 3

On 20/11/2023 at 17:31, Blue Moon said:

An old school mate and Toon Fanatic of many years has just emerged from choky for something quite unrepeatable, and I expect will be at St James’ Park. We no longer speak. For his sake ….. I hope we thrash them within an inch of their lives.

Who else wants to know what Moon’s friend did? 🤣👀

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Barring any change the the injury status of our players, which with the way this season is gone, change is highly likely, I think the team pretty much stays the same.

Sanchez

James - Disasi - Silva - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo - Gallagher

Palmer - Jackson - Sterling

The bench, now finally starts to look strong again (hopefully): Petrovic, Badiashile, Colwill, Maatsen, Ugochukwu, Mudryk, Madueke, Nkunku, Broja

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Barring any change the the injury status of our players, which with the way this season is gone, change is highly likely, I think the team pretty much stays the same.

Sanchez

James - Disasi - Silva - Cucurella

Enzo - Caicedo - Gallagher

Palmer - Jackson - Sterling

The bench, now finally starts to look strong again (hopefully): Petrovic, Badiashile, Colwill, Maatsen, Ugochukwu, Mudryk, Madueke, Nkunku, Broja

4 proper attacking options on the bench. I cannot remember the last time we had that. 

• Like 1

Up to nine on the bench, five of whom can be used. The substitutions have to be done in up to three tranches. Subs made at half-time do not count as a separate tranche.

By the way, I have changed my profile photo in preparation for this game.

Edited by Sciatika

On 17/11/2023 at 12:42, kev61 said:

Would people please  stop this love affair with Nkunku..All the stats say he will be a success. - but he could also be a massive flop! 

Sorry Kev - not letting you be the grumpmeister general on this one.

Nkunku is going to transform our team. From Caicedo to Enzo to Jackson. He will glue everything together and bang.

5 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

How many can be on the bench? As Gusto and Lavia (if fit) are not on there. I

I would imagine Gusto goes in for Maatsen and Lava in for Ugochukwu once they are both fully fit and that would be about it for us in terms of full strength. It's all very young and lacking in experience, but it's starting to look a lot better.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would imagine Gusto goes in for Maatsen and Lava in for Ugochukwu once they are both fully fit and that would be about it for us in terms of full strength. It's all very young and lacking in experience, but it's starting to look a lot better.

I would expect Big Les to go out on loan in January (no new injuries permitting)