JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Newcastle United at St James' Park before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 25th November 2023 (Local UK time/date)

If no new injuries, we should have to pick from (gks aside)

James, Gusto, Colwill, Cucurella, Badiashile, Silva, Disasi, Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Big Les, Maatsen, Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Palmer, Broja, Jackson then possibly Lavia and Nkunku.

20 outfield players before we consider Chilwell, Chalobah and Fofana

Be interesting to see who doesn't make the matchday squad (Maatsen +1 I expect)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

James, Gusto, Colwill, Cucurella, Badiashile, Silva, Disasi, Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher, Big Les, Maatsen, Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke, Palmer, Broja, Jackson then possibly Lavia and Nkunku.

20 outfield players before we consider Chilwell, Chalobah and Fofana

Be interesting to see who doesn't make the matchday squad (Maatsen +1 I expect)

Lovely problem to have, finally....

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Newcastle are a dirty team and they're allowed to get away with murder at St. James Park so probably not the ideal first game back for Nkunku.

Depending on whether they can get players back from injury by then, we might well be playing their B team. 

With or without Nkunku, I'm going for a comfortable win. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Depending on whether they can get players back from injury by then, we might well be playing their B team. 

With or without Nkunku, I'm going for a comfortable win. 

Considering our record over the last 16 months I think you're very brave predicting a comfortable away win anywhere, let alone St. James Park (where we aren't the best even when they're bad).

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

Considering our record over the last 16 months I think you're very brave predicting a comfortable away win anywhere, let alone St. James Park (where we aren't the best even when they're bad).

Not so much our record at least this season.  3 of our 4 wins are away.
But Newcastle are W5D0L1 at home (sole loss to Liverpool) but W1D2L3 away  (sole win as sheff United)

11 days, far too early to make predictions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Not so much our record at least this season.  3 of our 4 wins are away.
But Newcastle are W5D0L1 at home (sole loss to Liverpool) but W1D2L3 away  (sole win as sheff United)

11 days, far too early to make predictions.

The good thing for us is they have a big Champions League away game in Paris three days later so they may not be playing at their full capacity.

47 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Why is that? 

There's no club-matches in between, only some obscure European uninteresting matches 🙂

Good question.
I'm going to say predicting defeat is just making the next 10 days miserable while predicting a win is inviting injuries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Chelsea suffer fresh injury blow as Malo Gusto withdraws from France U21 squad (msn.com)

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

Got a feeling this is more precaution than anything serious. He's had some strapping on his knee in the Spurs game IIRC, couldn't tell if that was also the case vs City as his stocks were high above his knee, but don't think it's much to worry about. 

• Like 1

On 14/11/2023 at 15:47, Bison said:

Newcastle are a dirty team and they're allowed to get away with murder at St. James Park so probably not the ideal first game back for Nkunku.

Yep, their whole game plan is to brutalise the opposition. I wonder if Arteta putting a bit of focus on that might end up helping us!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Yep, their whole game plan is to brutalise the opposition. I wonder if Arteta putting a bit of focus on that might end up helping us!

One of those media blind issues that conflict with the media chosen narrative about Newcastle at this time... a question...how much of the so called sports washing factor goes towards media content?...and not just at St James Park ......

• Agree 1

I'm not getting too excited about having a large number of players to choose from just yet, I fully expect at least a few to return from the international break injured, no doubt one being Palmer!

This will be a good test of where we are at the moment I think, we're up against a good Newcastle side, but a Newcastle side with injuries, which should hopefully mean we go for it as we did against City.

• Agree 1

Newcastle will be without at least TEN players when they take on Chelsea after the international break, with Lewis Hall also ruled out due to a clause in his loan deal.

With Dan Burn (back) and Matt Targett (hamstring) both ruled out until the New Year, Hall is our only fit recognised left-back, but the terms of his summer move from Chelsea mean he is not eligible to play, despite it being a loan-to-buy deal.

Elsewhere, we’ll also be without Sven Botman, Callum Wilson, Elliot Anderson, Harvey Barnes, Jacob Murphy, Javier Manquillo and Sandro Tonali, meaning one of Tino Livramento or Kieran Trippier will surely play down the left against the Blues.

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2023/11/16/newcastle-set-to-lose-another-player-for-chelsea-clash-8-out-and-3-doubts/

So not just us