JaneB

Matchday prediction  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Wolves win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/23 at 16:23

46 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Common sense. 

There is no point have two attacking full backs if you concede a couple of goals a game through having too many short players at set pieces.

Mourinho was the same. I remember in his first spell explaining how his subs were sometimes dictated by the height of those going off. 

I hear you , but they upshot of it is you make the wingers attacking game harder by denying them the opportunity to overload and allow the full backs to overlap 

Earlier in the season he made Chilwell look clueless playing him as a winger and then he did the same with Mudryk too , purely because he was more worried about what "they" could do to us rather than what we can do to them .

I'm all for pragmatism if it works , all he was achieving was making things harder for our own side to score goals trying to win games 0-0 . 

51 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Doubt he’ll risk starting Nkunku. Most we can expect is another half hour or so. Although dropping Jackson back into a more withdrawn role, after bringing on Broja, wasn’t as bad an idea  as I first thought. Maybe Jackson just isn’t an out and out striker. 

From memory ( I may be wrong) didn't he play Jackson behind Nkunku pre season? And that worked well IIRC

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Doubt he’ll risk starting Nkunku. Most we can expect is another half hour or so. Although dropping Jackson back into a more withdrawn role, after bringing on Broja, wasn’t as bad an idea  as I first thought. Maybe Jackson just isn’t an out and out striker. 

Not sure either is an out and out striker.  Which probably means they have to play together.
Broja on the other hand strikes me as a striker who doesn't really play with anyone else.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I'm at the stage where as long as it doesn't say Anthony Taylor, I am quite relaxed. 

Relaxed might be pushing it, none of them a particularly great! But Taylor is by far the worst of the bad bunch and yet somehow lauded as the best of the bunch by those that run the game.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Relaxed might be pushing it, none of them a particularly great! But Taylor is by far the worst of the bad bunch and yet somehow lauded as the best of the bunch by those that run the game.

It's because he pushes the narrative where they want it. 

• Agree 3

15 hours ago, JaneB said:

Ref:  David Coote

VAR: John Brooks

Ah, Mr Coote who's refereed us once, so far this season in the PL at Bournemouth - Drab 0-0 without a malicious tackle in the whole game, Jesus, there was hardly any sort of tackle in the game!

But, he managed to book 5 of ours and 1 of theirs. Got the obligatory first booking in early, 4th minute - Raheem Sterling.

He's a homer if ever I saw one, except as he passes through the doors at Stamford Bridge -  We'll have to score three to win this one, as we'll not get 50/50's and he'll give them all to Wolves.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Brighton are losing at Palace at HT and West Ham and United play each other. This could be a very fruitful weekend for us if we can do our bit. 

'It ain't over till the fat lady sings'. Brighton managed a draw, sadly. 🧐

11 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Brighton are losing at Palace at HT and West Ham and United play each other. This could be a very fruitful weekend for us if we can do our bit. 

What do you mean fruitful?

With this squad getting 54pts by the end of the season is fruitful.  

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

We need wins while everyone else draws.  The nasty truth of being midtable is that while we can catch up with those above us, we can be caught by those below.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

What do you mean fruitful?

With this squad getting 54pts by the end of the season is fruitful.  

54 points could be enough for a European place (8th/9th), if England gets a 5th CL spot and West Ham or Brighton win the Europa 😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

We need wins while everyone else draws.  The nasty truth of being midtable is that while we can catch up with those above us, we can be caught by those below.

Sorry could not resist this one 😀

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

54 points could be enough for a European place (8th/9th), if England gets a 5th CL spot and West Ham or Brighton win the Europa 😉

Is that good news?

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Sorry could not resist this one 😀

I've always loved that song - thankyou.
And very appropriate.

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I just love the optimism of youth................................it counters the pessimism of the aged 😂😉

Yin & Yang.

Edited by east lower
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1