JaneB

Matchday prediction  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Wolves win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/23 at 16:23

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers at the Molineux Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13:00 hours on Sunday, 24th December 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

34 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

When Men were Men, we had a top keeper, hairstyle was ok, I was an optimistic youth and the terraces were packed:

Thanks.  The real Young Chelsea team with an old man playing in the 6 shirt.
That was a great season to watch, Div 2 is a great place to be promoted from.
Gary Locke playing, one of my favourites.  And Wilkins when he was still good. @Michael Tucker
I guess we were on a winning run - Droy dropped again.

3 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Gary Locke's hair!!!

Probably why I liked him.
A little longer than I could have got away with in my sixthform.
Shorts look bigger than I remember them then.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Will struggle to watch this one as I’ll be doing a lot of food prep for the big day. Although, may not be the worst thing as I can then ignore it and not let it ruin my Christmas!

Stupid time to have a match, in my opinion, feel really sorry for our loyal travelling fans!

Get a TV or iPad in the kitchen and you can do both: turkey stuffing and yell at the referee 😁😁🥳

Edited by asvaberg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would go with 4231, we look so much better like that and Gusto has to start, I’d be tempted to go with Maatsen as well, but that may be too much.

Petrovic

Disasi - Silva - Badiashile - Gusto

Gallagher - Caicedo

Sterling - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

I can't see Silva playing again so soon. Gusto right back, Disasi and Badiashile with Colwill or Maatsen at LB

Midfield two picks itself assuming Enzo unwell. Palmer as the ten, Sterling and Mudryk wide

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I can't see Silva playing again so soon. Gusto right back, Disasi and Badiashile with Colwill or Maatsen at LB

Midfield two picks itself assuming Enzo unwell. Palmer as the ten, Sterling and Mudryk wide

Yeah. I’d like Maatsen to start as well, I’m just not sure Poch will do it. Colwill unlikely to be fit I presume.

40 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That’s good, in that case Gusto RB and I think Colwill will start LB, I can’t see Poch starting Maatsen and to be fair.

Sadly , although Maatsen hasn't been great in his cameos , Poch doesn't seem to like two full backs who get forward , afterall we'd hate to leave the opposition guessing which flank we'd be attacking from wouldn't we.

He's a coward more scared of what gaps the opposition can exploit than what we can do to them .

In a way I can almost understand it given our clownlike defending and awful XG figures but I think lack of trust infests the mindset of the players eventually , he's the anti Postecoglu

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sadly , although Maatsen hasn't been great in his cameos , Poch doesn't seem to like two full backs who get forward , afterall we'd hate to leave the opposition guessing which flank we'd be attacking from wouldn't we.

Well, when have two attacking full backs been available at the same time?

He has been very open in his concerns about the lack of height in the team. If you have two short full backs, along with any of Enzo, Gallagher, Caicedo, Sterling etc you can see why

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

and he clearly doesn't trust him. there have been plenty of opportunities to give him a run at LB, but hasn't

It could be this. Personally, I think its a clear he is off in January and that is why we have seen so little of him this season. I wouldn't be surprised if the board have said to Poch that at least one of the homegrown will need to be moved on in January (Gallagher, Chalobah, Maatsen). Gallagher has been pivotal to the team, Trev is injured, so I expect Maasten is going to be the sacrificial lamb. Poch seems little point integrating him as a genuine first team option, when his future is somewhere else.

It's a shame as I think he is a very decent player and one who will go on to do well for another club. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, when have two attacking full backs been available at the same time?

He has been very open in his concerns about the lack of height in the team. If you have two short full backs, along with any of Enzo, Gallagher, Caicedo, Sterling etc you can see why

Yes you can .

Cowardice.

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes you can .

Cowardice.

Common sense. 

There is no point have two attacking full backs if you concede a couple of goals a game through having too many short players at set pieces.

Mourinho was the same. I remember in his first spell explaining how his subs were sometimes dictated by the height of those going off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Petrovic

Gusto - Disasi - Badiashile - Colwill

Gallagher - Caicedo

Sterling - Palmer - Nkunku

Mudryk

hmmmmmmmm

I like this. Neither Jackson nor Broja have earned the striker spot. Worth a try at false 9. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1