JaneB

Matchday prediction  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Wolves win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/23 at 16:23

A reporter was asking whether Lavia might appear on Sunday given he is back in training. Poch started by pointing out that being back in training is simply the first step in being prepared to take part in fixtures.....It's at about 12:53

34 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

All the results have gone our way. Even the Newcastle one which I wasn't expecting. If we can just get over our nonsense and have a solid Christmas-New Year period, we will be in the Europa places. 

Yep, a good run over Christmas and we will be in amongst the European places, but I just can’t trust this team to put together a run of consistent form at any point this season, let alone over a busy Christmas period.

Im not getting my hopes up and will just take what we get this season… unless we’re in touching distance of top 6 and then I’ll get excited again, I am sure.

31 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, a good run over Christmas and we will be in amongst the European places, but I just can’t trust this team to put together a run of consistent form at any point this season, let alone over a busy Christmas period.

Im not getting my hopes up and will just take what we get this season… unless we’re in touching distance of top 6 and then I’ll get excited again, I am sure.

It's a shame it's only 1 home game, I think that will go ok. 

The away games are lotteries though. Not looking forward to that Luton game at all. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It's a shame it's only 1 home game, I think that will go ok. 

The away games are lotteries though. Not looking forward to that Luton game at all. 

After our recent displays at Newcastle, OT and Everton I can't think why you are not confident about our upcoming away games.

• Haha 1

I suppose a lot of people will be looking to see how Nkunku  plays in the next coming matches I know I will.Are some people expecting too much from him?.

Poch is capable of making him look like a fool(like he did with Chilwell)so give him a break if he doesn't live up to expectations.

Edited by kev61

8 hours ago, east lower said:

Early start tomorrow, son coming up with me - that adds almost an hour to his, then some time insurance for what’s inevitably going to be a busy set of motorways.

Hopefully it’ll be worth it 🤞but again I’m far from convinced we’ll win this one. 

Impressive commitment! I hope you have a safe and speedy journey both there and back!

I’m with you, this feels like it’s going to be another frustrating and then painful game for us.

There's all this talk about the bad scheduling of today's game and the topic of the festive fixture schedule has been scrutinised in recent years (although teams playing with a 1 day gap, eg. 26th Dec and 28th Dec, doesn't seem to happen anymore).

But spare a thought for the footballers and fans of yore, when the double header tradition used to exist where teams would play on Christmas Day and Boxing Day against the same team:

IMG-20231224-WA0000.thumb.jpg.07826ee12be5e25f16c2b5638ea0b65b.jpg

Although back then public transport would run throughout and it wasn't traditional to stay at home over Christmas, it was a tradition to take part in community activities. 

9 minutes ago, east lower said:

Right, as you can see there was nothing on the roads and we’re almost alone! 🤣

Plus, free Xmas hats to mark the occasion.

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0974.jpeg

Molineux, a TV football arena favourite of mine. We had live football from England as early as 29th November 1969(!!) and the first one was from Molineux, Wolves-Sunderland 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sciatika said:

------------Petrovic

Gusto------Disasi----Thiago----Levi

------------Big Les----Conor

-------Sterling-----Palmer----Jackson

--------------------Broja

?

Not a line-up that particularly excites or makes me change my mind that we’re getting done. Hope I’m wrong.

4 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

------------Petrovic

Gusto------Disasi----Thiago----Levi

------------Big Les----Conor

-------Sterling-----Palmer----Jackson

--------------------Broja

?

Not a line-up that particularly excites or makes me change my mind that we’re getting done. Hope I’m wrong.