Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Man City win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 16:30

Well I guess I’d have taken a point before the game. But the way the game panned out that was really disappointing from the manager to go ultra defensive, invite them on to us, and likely cost us a win. Great effort from the players who deserved better. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I know exactly what Mark K is going to post and I agree.  

Was is that had Pochettino not been terrified and taken off our attackers and replaced them with defenders we'd have had a better chance of pegging them back and not inviting them onto us? 

A proper coach would have advised his players to watch Rodri on the edge of the area as 500 previous goals scored from there would attest to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well I guess I’d have taken a point before the game. But the way the game panned out that was really disappointing from the manager to go ultra defensive, invite them on to us, and likely cost us a win. Great effort from the players who deserved better. 

It was coming either way. We could have brought on fresh legs instead first - I think Poch moved to 5 at the back 5 or 10 mins too early 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Was is that had Pochettino not been terrified and taken off our attackers and replaced them with defenders we'd have had a better chance of pegging them back and not inviting them onto us? 

A proper coach would have advised his players to watch Rodri on the edge of the area as 500 previous goals scored from there would attest to. 

Maybe the fact he’s scored so many suggests he’s hard to stop…

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

His choices from the bench were Madueke and Mudryk, I can see why he didn’t throw either of them on, to be fair and outlets were going so changes did have to be made. I do think Poch went to a back 5 too early though and invited even more pressure on.

Not wanting to upset you too much @Mark Kelly but, they actually looked like they had been coached a bit this week! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Maybe the fact he’s scored so many suggests he’s hard to stop…

I used to say the same thing about John Arne Riise who'd get one every time against us as we backed off and backed off to aid him. 

Nobody seemed to expect it. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

There are 6 to 7 other players to 'watch' for as well, it's City. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Not wanting to upset you too much @Mark Kelly but, they actually looked like they had been coached a bit this week! 

As I've said time and again, I just want him to be better. 

I think Mudryk and Madueke with their pace would have given City more to worry about than Casedei and Trevoh but I'm not an inate coward. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, SideshowLuiz said:

There are 6 to 7 other players to 'watch' for as well, it's City. 

Yes indeed but a coach should know what a player is likely to do, like asking a defender to show a winger onto his wrong foot. 

I used to say the same thing about John Arne Riise who'd get one every time against us as we backed off and backed off to aid him. 

Nobody seemed to expect it. 

It was frustrating and could have been defended better. But he’s very hard to stop from there

As I've said time and again, I just want him to be better. 

I think Mudryk and Madueke with their pace would have given City more to worry about than Casedei and Trevoh but I'm not an inate coward. 

I agree, I have been very interested seeing Casadei back in the team, however it was a weird decision throwing him in. I was waiting for Madueke to come on.

Just about anyone on here would have been happy with a point before the game. However, it feels like an opportunity missed.

City have a fantastic team but they can get rattled when somebody gets on to the front foot and pushes them.

Overall though, a good training outing in advance of the Wembley game.👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Shoutout to Sterling today for the goal. Criticism of him has been overboard imo 

Yes. I thought he should have stayed on too. Constant threat playing on the shoulder

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes it was.