Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Man City win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 16:30

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Was is that had Pochettino not been terrified and taken off our attackers and replaced them with defenders we'd have had a better chance of pegging them back and not inviting them onto us? 

A proper coach would have advised his players to watch Rodri on the edge of the area as 500 previous goals scored from there would attest to. 

It was a lucky ricochet to get there 

There was little we did wrong for the goal. 

Great hit. 

Point was fair. Which showed how well we did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Great that Chelsea haven't ruined my Saturday and that Spurs lost.

Why oh why, though, can't we get out of 10th?!?!?

Because we have hard fixtures now where we won’t get many points even if we play ok and we have fluffed too many easy ones.

Hanging out with City fans and staff right now, they're behaving like they lost. They seem to be crushed. 

If this is what they're like after a draw I can't imagine what it's like when they lose. 

Wouldn't last five minutes if they were Chelsea fans!

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As I've said time and again, I just want him to be better. 

I think Mudryk and Madueke with their pace would have given City more to worry about than Casedei and Trevoh but I'm not an inate coward. 

Bringing on an extra defender made absolute sense. Extra height defending all of the corners they were getting 

• Like 1

Just now, paulw66 said:

Great hit. 

The point I'm making is Rodri does this exact thing every week, why didn't we have some one marking him or closing him down? 

Stop the shot, stop the deflection. 

It was still an excellent performance from the players regardless. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Great hit. 

True. We also got a way with a few sitters which they missed. 

11 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Because we have hard fixtures now where we won’t get many points even if we play ok and we have fluffed too many easy ones.

Like the one today…? Did you see a point from that today, before kick off? I didn’t, definitely 1 point gained.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

I thought he was good. That deflected shot was very well saved

He had a dodgy moment where he hesitated and then missed his punch and a few poor passes, but overall he was solid again, made some good saves. Definitely ahead of Sanchez for me.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The point I'm making is Rodri does this exact thing every week, why didn't we have some one marking him or closing him down? 

Stop the shot, stop the deflection. 

It was still an excellent performance from the players regardless. 

Yes, it's all so simple. Just mark every player, all of the time. On that basis no player should score a goal, ever. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I was under the impression we will play every team twice, like everyone else 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Like the one today…? Did you see a point from that today, before kick off? I didn’t, definitely 1 point gained.

Yes but it’s still one point. We can play well and get one. That’s why they’re our „hard“ fixtures 

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Yes but it’s still one point. We can play well and get one. That’s why they’re our „hard“ fixtures 

Not many get 1 away to City and this definitely isn’t a game we’d have expected to get any points from, so it’s a big point for us, but the bigger and more important points are against the teams we’re battling with and these are the ones we’ve dropped too many points against.

Didnt think we would get anything from the game - so I would have taken a point if offered beforehand. Yes, we were winning till the 80th and Poch went defensive but I think it was inevitable that they were going to score. ....and we desperately need a striker

Edited by Miguelito07

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Not many get 1 away to City and this definitely isn’t a game we’d have expected to get any points from, so it’s a big point for us, but the bigger and more important points are against the teams we’re battling with and these are the ones we’ve dropped too many points against.

Okay but at some point if we want to finish in Europe we need to win more PL games. I am also happy with a point but we simply have not got 3 points enough this season. That’s why we’re 10th

Holy crap. Are we actually beginning to see progress?

If we had scored that second goal I think we would have ended up winning. On the flip side Haaland might have scored a hattrick and Chalobah might have ended up with two deflected goals. On balance I would have taken a draw however what killed our win in the end was the lack of a bench.

• Agree 2