Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Man City win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 16:30

A thought for the members debating slow play out from the back. I think you perhaps discount yesterday's game from the reckoning because Man City will not let you have any time on the ball. They set themselves up with four in a line up against our four. 

Especially noticeable in the second half yesterday was just how many times the ball went long from a goal-kick. That's as frequent as I remember it happening this season .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

He’s a great defender but shouldn’t we at least try to get ease him out a bit? He shouldn’t be playing every game

He’s gone at the end of the season and would much rather see defensive r/ships with the others 

Let’s go with what Poch thinks is best, or the armchair „experts“ in this forum 😉

5 minutes ago, east lower said:

A thought for the members debating slow play out from the back. I think you perhaps discount yesterday's game from the reckoning because Man City will not let you have any time on the ball. They set themselves up with four in a line up against our four. 

Especially noticeable in the second half yesterday was just how many times the ball went long from a goal-kick. That's as frequent as I remember it happening this season .

Excellent point. Food for thought for the likes of @Ham and @martin1905. Petrovic‘s kicking quite poor yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Excellent point. Food for thought for the likes of @Ham and @martin1905. Petrovic‘s kicking quite poor yesterday.

How is this food for thought for me?  What point of yours does this support?

Why can't you just accept that we have different opinions and move on with your life?

Just now, Ham said:

How is this food for thought for me?  What point of yours does this support?

Why can't you just accept that we have different opinions and move on with your life?

Our defenders were quick on the ball yesterday because they had to be. They were under constant pressure. Normally we play against low blocks and they will be slower.

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Our defenders were quick on the ball yesterday because they had to be. They were under constant pressure. Normally we play against low blocks and they will be slower.

.... And the passing out was progressive and precise, with the exception of Petrovic. 

What's your point? 

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

City pounded us with wave after wave of attacks for pretty much the whole of the second half.   The likes of Sterling and Palmer were dead on their feet so he had two options:

Replace L4L and bring on Mudryk and Madueke or hold what you have. 

I know some will make an argument for Madueke but those aren’t subs I would have made away at City to be honest.   For all we know, he could have brought Mudryk on and we would have lost 2-1 

We don't really know how the result might have gone have we kept Sterling and Palmer on, do we? I could see  that we came under more pressure after both players left, and our counterattacking threat completely disappeared, something you should always keep to put the fear of god in the opposition. Whether this was a coincidence, we don't know either. I thought a tired Sterling was more effective than a fresh Nkunku.

It's not to play down our hard fought result, but I'm yet to be contest the subs improved us. 

7 minutes ago, Siidi said:

It's not to play down our hard fought result, but I'm yet to be convinced the subs improved us. 

I don’t think anyone has suggested that we improved . More that it is just as likely that we would have conceded, if he had left things as they were, with players tiring in the last 20 mins. Or if he had introduced Madueke or Mudryk. Stick or twist would likely have produced the same outcome.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I can’t keep up. I thought he was a “dead man walking”?

I just said - either sack him or back him. Considering he’s not sacked, I trust him to pick who is best for his team. If you asked would I sack him and get RDZ? Yes I would have sacked him 4 times already.

32 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I don’t think anyone has suggested that we improved . More that it is just as likely that we would have conceded, if he had left things as they were, with players tiring in the last 20 mins. Or if he had introduced Madueke or Mudryk. Stick or twist would likely have produced the same outcome.

Anything was  possible, and we must also include us scoring a second goal in a counterattack as City pushed on, had we maintained that threat.

We mustn't stop imagining a better outcome than the one we had. Nothing is set by the heavens. Perhaps some of the subs could have worked harder. If you've come on for 20 min your work rate shouldn't be lower than the player you've just replaced.

22 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

He might well be, but so long as footballers ( or anyone in the public eye ) are not up to serious criminal activity, then I really couldn't care less what they get up to in their private life. 

There's numerous actors, musicians, sports stars etc who I've been a fan of who've been questionable/ flawed characters but that never stopped me enjoying what they did professionally.

Well I don’t support Man City and I couldn’t care less about the England team so there’s no conflict for me.

He’s still vile.

• Agree 1

@JaneB...and others !....just so you know ...Thanks to talk of Kyle whats'it an ear worm has attached itself to me and does not appear to be moving on unlike the discussions post game.

FWIW...and in the hope of encouraging a "transfer", although I'm not sure who may know the song except for probably Blue Moon...here is the opening line..."Where the Walker runs down to the Carson City plain..there lived......"

Will no one rid me of this turbulent worm?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, chara said:

@JaneB...and others !....just so you know ...Thanks to talk of Kyle whats'it an ear worm has attached itself to me and does not appear to be moving on unlike the discussions post game.

FWIW...and in the hope of encouraging a "transfer", although I'm not sure who may know the song except for probably Blue Moon...here is the opening line..."Where the Walker runs down to the Carson City plain..there lived......"

Will no one rid me of this turbulent worm?

I hate to disappoint, @chara .... even if I loathe John "bleedin'" Denver ...

@Blue Moon...in fairness..I did say Know ,,,not like!😁🤢

Appreciate and respect your views on John Denver BUT I should  point out,again, listening to Rocky Mountain High stuck in the Hammersmith traffic is a long way from going over Kenosha Pass here listening to it as South Park..the real one..unfolds in all it's seasonal glory..which ever season!

Brought Mrs C to tears first time I took here there and got the playing dead right..from that live concert cd strangely enough.

We agree too much on music for any issue here I know!

Edited by chara

59 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Just realised...Jackson went a whole game without getting booked!

Just realised you’ve got the good avatar on display. Perhaps one of the long-established members on here could confirm or otherwise, wasn’t this avatar used by Khobar back in the day?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, east lower said:

Just realised you’ve got the good avatar on display. Perhaps one of the long-established members on here could confirm or otherwise, wasn’t this avatar used by Khobar back in the day?

Yep it was 

• Thanks 1