Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Burnley win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/24 at 14:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 30th March 2024 (Local UK time/date)

5 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Would like to see Casadei start. Enzo and Caicedo are returning from friendlies in S. America and turn up knackered - as per usual

It would be amazing to have one of Lavia or big Les back before then. 

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Whatever lineup:

(No Sanchez)

Xx -         xx -     xx -        xx

Xx - xx

(No Sterling) - xx - (No Sterling)

Xx

I quite like the XX 😉

Fun fact: they are all Chelsea supporters who were born in the Chelsea and Westminster hospital. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Whatever lineup:

(No Sanchez)

Xx -         xx -     xx -        xx

Xx - xx

(No Sterling) - xx - (No Sterling)

Xx

I think Poch will play Sterling

8 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I think Poch will play Sterling

In terms of team management it's probably the best thing to do , try to get him scoring again and a bit of confidence , but he has to tell him that Chelsea value him as a vital part of the squad regardless of how Southgate views him and to concentrate on helping the side and not personal glory , I mean he'd be lying saying it but it still needs to be said to salvage things 

On 13/03/2024 at 15:40, Ham said:

It would be amazing to have one of Lavia or big Les back before then. 

I really can't see how Lavia (or any of the other long-term injured) can safely feature in the PL without at least 200 mins of reserve/u21/friendly/u23/PL2 (whatever they play these days). 

I was talking to someone about this the other day actually... We have several players that have come back from significant injuries this season and then just got hurt again really quickly.  Has anyone seen any reports of them playing any sort of football to get minutes before their PL returns? I can't say i've seen it at all.  Going from 4-5 months out straight into PL football (and we're never coasting in games are we) seems like a really, really bad idea. 

I'd love to see Lavia back over the coming weeks, but he'll need proper match minutes before that could be possible surely?

Also, 1000% Sterling starts this next game.  He really shouldn't, but he will.  It's Burnley at home, so he should be looking at it as a huge opportunity to put in a proper performance and get among the goals.  If however he plays like he has been the last few weeks, the reaction he got on Sunday will be dwarfed.  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bert19 said:

Also, 1000% Sterling starts this next game.  He really shouldn't, but he will.  It's Burnley at home, so he should be looking at it as a huge opportunity to put in a proper performance and get among the goals.  If however he plays like he has been the last few weeks, the reaction he got on Sunday will be dwarfed.  

I can live with that.

We have a saying in Norway: "Vinn eller forsvinn". In English for the common man: win or get the h*** out of here 🙂

5 hours ago, Bert19 said:

I really can't see how Lavia (or any of the other long-term injured) can safely feature in the PL without at least 200 mins of reserve/u21/friendly/u23/PL2 (whatever they play these days). 

I was talking to someone about this the other day actually... We have several players that have come back from significant injuries this season and then just got hurt again really quickly.  Has anyone seen any reports of them playing any sort of football to get minutes before their PL returns? I can't say i've seen it at all.  Going from 4-5 months out straight into PL football (and we're never coasting in games are we) seems like a really, really bad idea. 

I'd love to see Lavia back over the coming weeks, but he'll need proper match minutes before that could be possible surely?

No.  None of them played in any development games before coming back.  Just training ground work and then limited PL minutes.  

42 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This has gone on General Sale which is a surprise for a PL game. I've only ever seen that for Cup games.

Look who's the opponent 🙂

But I am also a bit surprised.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This has gone on General Sale which is a surprise for a PL game. I've only ever seen that for Cup games.

A few have and you’re right it is unusual. There were seats unused in the west stand at both ends of the lower tier. Probably a couple of hundred at least not used.

Our relative lack of success will be most likely effecting this. There are quite a number of STH’s obviously selling their seats as there are clearly ‘football tourists’ and occasional visitor increases seen in the stadium.

Risky to spend billions on a redevelopment or new ground, gambling on the teams future success.

Up to and including last season, games very, very rarely went in general sale.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, east lower said:

A few have and you’re right it is unusual. There were seats unused in the west stand at both ends of the lower tier. Probably a couple of hundred at least not used.

Our relative lack of success will be most likely effecting this. There are quite a number of STH’s obviously selling their seats as there are clearly ‘football tourists’ and occasional visitor increases seen in the stadium.

Risky to spend billions on a redevelopment or new ground, gambling on the teams future success.

Up to and including last season, games very, very rarely went in general sale.

General public my arse. Tourist ticket prices 

IMG_3854.png

Edited by ROTG
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ham said:

No.  None of them played in any development games before coming back.  Just training ground work and then limited PL minutes.  

That just seems absolutely insane to me. And not something we’ve seen before have we? If that’s a Manager decision, it’s a really, really silly one

• Agree 1

As suspected - Enzo will have clocked a few air miles during international break before the match on Satuday. Would like to see Cassadei start for this one - especially after scoring in the U21s. But Poch will probably go for Gallagher and Caicedo

5 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

As suspected - Enzo will have clocked a few air miles during international break before the match on Satuday. Would like to see Cassadei start for this one - especially after scoring in the U21s. But Poch will probably go for Gallagher and Caicedo

Agree. If Casadei is unable to start at home to Burnley, then you have to wonder what is the point? 

• Agree 1