Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Burnley win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/24 at 14:00

22 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

My question is, why do we need to take a chance now?

Well, why not? There wont be many easier opportunities that fall directly after one of these international breaks.

14 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

This Enzo and Caicedo thing needs to be worked out at some point - International breaks happen too often for us to miss them both after every one when they are our starting pair. You can't have £200m of midfielders missing what 4 or 5 games a season each before you even consider injuries or suspension. 

Sure, but it's one game, and we are playing a terrible team, and the bloke who has scored 4 of their last 6 league goals cant play.

Enzo and Caicedo are in the US rather than the back of beyond in South America. Argentina has a game against Costa Rica tomorrow. It's a friendly game, but in my experience, there are no friendlies in South American football. I don't think Ecuador play again in this window. They played last Friday and Sunday. There is a (small) chance he will return in time.

There already was a strategy for dealing with Enzo's and/or Caicedo's lack of availability. The strategy was Lavia or Ugochukwu for Caicedo and Gallagher for Enzo or, at least, that was what happened around Christmas when Enzo was injured and we lost to Wolves and early in the season for Caicedo when we could only draw against Bournemouth. However, Lavia and Ugochukwu are injured. I have no doubt Palmer and Gallagher will be kicked around by Belgium and not be available for us either.

Edited by Sciatika

I'm in favour of Casadei playing for a considerable portion of the match. We may not have seen a lot of him, but the reality is he is our squad depth. The long-term damage we could do by having Enzo and Caicedo play as much as they are without rest is, for me, a greater risk than putting Casadei in the team against Burnley at home. It's absolutely not ideal, but we are where we are.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I just watched their 1-4 win against us at Turf Moor. I had forgotten what a terrible performance that was, especially the first half. There was no pace, no energy, and endless playing across the back four and deep midfielders. We had to rely on them to score our goal. It picked up a little in the second half. I hope it's better at the weekend.

50 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I just watched their 1-4 win against us at Turf Moor. I had forgotten what a terrible performance that was, especially the first half. There was no pace, no energy, and endless playing across the back four and deep midfielders. We had to rely on them to score our goal. It picked up a little in the second half. I hope it's better at the weekend.

You mean our win? I can't find a 4-1 win for Burnley at their ground in our history books?

Thank god the international break is over and we can get back to the league games, although I may not be saying that by 5pm on Saturday! 

Unsurprisingly we’ve come back with a handful of potential injuries… Palmer, Chilwell and Chukwuemeka. Sound like Pamer will be ok and Chilwell should make the squad, but likely the bench. It seems unlikely Enzo will play as he’s had so much travelling and will have only just got back. Stupid internationals, such a crap time to have them!

Anyway, we must win this one, no excuses not to and with a decent run in, if managed properly, European football is still very much on!

Petrovic

Gusto - Disasi - Chalobah* - Cucurella

Caicedo - Gallagher

Palmer - Mudryk - Madueke

Jackson

*Presuming Colwill still out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Thank god the international break is over and we can get back to the league games, although I may not be saying that by 5pm on Saturday! 

Unsurprisingly we’ve come back with a handful of potential injuries… Palmer, Chilwell and Chukwuemeka. Sound like Pamer will be ok and Chilwell should make the squad, but likely the bench. It seems unlikely Enzo will play as he’s had so much travelling and will have only just got back. Stupid internationals, such a crap time to have them!

Anyway, we must win this one, no excuses not to and with a decent run in, if managed properly, European football is still very much on!

Petrovic

Gusto - Disasi - Chalobah* - Cucurella

Caicedo - Gallagher

Palmer - Mudryk - Madueke

Jackson

*Presuming Colwill still out.

Didn't they say Chalobah was injured too ?

7 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Really?! So Silva back in then, I guess. Thank god Disasi stays fit 

Badiashile is supposedly fit and has been in training for a while so I'd play him at LCB until Colwill is fit again. Keep Silva for late cameos if necessary. 

Burnley: Muric, Assignon, O 'Shea, Esteve, Vitinho, Bruun Larsen, Cullen, Berge, Odobert, Amdouni, Foster

Subs: Trafford, Taylor, Cork, Gudmundsson, Brownhill, Rodríguez, Benson, Ekdal, Trésor

Just now, chara said:

Bit behind the news but was Chilwell sacrificed by Sir Gareth to get a defeat and a draw at Wembley?

Worth the cost.

In fairness he is was injured in the first game but Gareth stuck by him for the second. 

Because he's a moron. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1