Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Burnley win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/24 at 14:00

58 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Agree. If Casadei is unable to start at home to Burnley, then you have to wonder what is the point? 

There is no point. 
One would think Poch would want to put his strongest team out at the beginning to try and put the game to bed early doors and build up the teams confidence and help keep Poch in a job. 

Casadei is no where near good enough for the first team or squad.  could not under why he was recalled in Jan. 

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Casadei is no where near good enough for the first team or squad.  could not under why he was recalled in Jan. 

Because of the the injuries that we had at that time, but he was playing very well for Leicester so it’s a shame that we recalled him, he needs to be playing regular football. 

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, ROTG said:

There is no point. 
One would think Poch would want to put his strongest team out at the beginning to try and put the game to bed early doors and build up the teams confidence and help keep Poch in a job. 

well, you are ignoring the fact that two of our regular midfielders have travelled half way around the world, and there may be some fatigue. 

also, if you never try these players, how will you ever know if he's good enough.

I expect you, like most, have barely seen Casadei play  for more than the handful of minutes he has played for us. 

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

well, you are ignoring the fact that two of our regular midfielders have travelled half way around the world, and there may be some fatigue. 

also, if you never try these players, how will you ever know if he's good enough.

I expect you, like most, have barely seen Casadei play  for more than the handful of minutes he has played for us. 

Personally, I would like to see the chap get a start, as you say how will we ever know until he plays for us. This and maybe the Sheff Utd away games are good an opportunity as we will probably get to see how he operates.

Loans are OK but we've all seen players who have been out on loans where they've done well and they come back to us and barely look like footballers. The weight of the PL and our shirt just prove too much for them.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

He listens to the game on the radio apparently , I don't think he's seen any of them play 😁

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

To be honest using the fatigue is something should not be the case with the players, seeing as they are not in Europe so it only the PL cup competitions. 

Also one assumes Casadei will also be playing tomorrow for the U21’s 

I can understand the argument for playing him from the off, but with the likes of Arse, ManUre, Chitty and Villa coming up in the next few week keeping the best 11 playing week after week is IMO the best for the team morale and Poch chances of staying another season. Now is not the time to tinker. 

I can imagine the response on the match day forum, if Poch puts out a weakened side and it goes south on Saturday .  MK will be back on the Prozac and top of the Samaritans suicide watch list  

You are becoming increasingly shrill in your attempts to attract attention. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you need to do this. Additionally, your pastoral mask is slipping: I don't believe a genuinely spiritual person would use the kind of language and sentiment you display above in relation to other members of the forum and regarding our players.

36 minutes ago, ROTG said:

To be honest using the fatigue is something should not be the case with the players, seeing as they are not in Europe so it only the PL cup competitions. 

Every done a 14 hour plane flight?

I am not talking about fatigue from a game volume standpoint. I was referring to their international travel (long haul)

37 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I can understand the argument for playing him from the off, but with the likes of Arse, ManUre, Chitty and Villa coming up in the next few week keeping the best 11 playing week after week is IMO the best for the team morale and Poch chances of staying another season. Now is not the time to tinker. 

all the more reason to rotate and keep one or two a bit fresher. 

10 minutes ago, RDCW said:

You are becoming increasingly shrill in your attempts to attract attention. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you need to do this. Additionally, your pastoral mask is slipping: I don't believe a genuinely spiritual person would use the kind of language and sentiment you display above in relation to other members of the forum and regarding our players.

You are absolutely right. 
I have lowered myself to a level which is not acceptable to myself or those who look down on me from above. 

post deleted 

51 minutes ago, RDCW said:

You are becoming increasingly shrill in your attempts to attract attention

Unfortunately I have a real life, therefore the last thing I need is to seek attention on a public forum.  I leave that to others. 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have watched more Championship football than Premier League this season and feel very happy saying Casadei isn't good enough to play for Chelsea (even this iteration) at the moment. 

I think it was a good loan for him and he was doing well. However, let's be honest he wasn't a nailed on starter there and he was very hit or miss (as one would expect from someone playing their first senior season).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I have watched more Championship football than Premier League this season and feel very happy saying Casadei isn't good enough to play for Chelsea (even this iteration) at the moment. 

I think it was a good loan for him and he was doing well. However, let's be honest he wasn't a nailed on starter there and he was very hit or miss (as one would expect from someone playing their first senior season).

Feels a bit of a tricky one the Championship with loans.  Very difficult league to win or get promoted from, so sides often shy away from giving young loanees real minutes (unless they are really exceptional or play in certain less pressured positions) and i'd imagine the Clubs doing the loaning don't necessarily want their prospects playing in the struggling sides due to less wages being covered and the potential risk of exposure or knocks to the developing player's progression. 

It's clear in this case though that he'd have definitely had more game time at Leicester than he's got from being recalled, even if we'd have liked him starting more often.  Perhaps the solution next season is one of the more mid-table sides for increased game time or he's off to Portugal or Holland for top league experience? 

21 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I guess it depends what you mean by that.

We're playing Burnley. At home.  I get it, probably not good enough, or ready, to play the trickier games. 

If he isn't good enough to merit even 60 minutes against them, then he may as well be sold. 

15 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

If fit, i'd like to see: 

Petrovic 

Gusto Disasi Colwill Chilwell 

Gallagher Caicedo Enzo

Palmer Jackson Mudryk

Do we know Colwill is available?

I can imagine Sterling starts (don't shoot me) as he hasn't travelled, and he did very well at their place. 

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

According to injury rumor updates, Colwill is not available. Chuk is doubtful.

They're being very careful not to say it but Chuk was sent home early from international duty "to continue his recuperation" at Chelsea 

So he's got injured on international duty. 

Thanks shit heads. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I guess it depends what you mean by that.

We're playing Burnley. At home.  I get it, probably not good enough, or ready, to play the trickier games. 

If he isn't good enough to merit even 60 minutes against them, then he may as well be sold. 

I disagree personally. Maybe you can take those chances with a well oiled machine that is performing well and where everyone knows their roles - you can replace one part even if it ends up being not at quite the same level and the team keeps ticking over. The player is put in less difficult situations and may even brought up to the level of the others. That isn't this team though. 

The guys is 21 and has had 6 months senior football. I'm not sure why he has to be at the level required right now? For me, the sensible thing would have been to leave him playing minutes for a pretty dominant Leicester team in a good league. Give him another good loan next year and then see what he's up to. 

The last thing this team needs is another inexperienced head who has played even less football than our current lot.

53 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

I disagree personally. Maybe you can take those chances with a well oiled machine that is performing well and where everyone knows their roles - you can replace one part even if it ends up being not at quite the same level and the team keeps ticking over. The player is put in less difficult situations and may even brought up to the level of the others. That isn't this team though. 

If you can't take a chance at home to Burnley, you never will.

53 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

The guys is 21 and has had 6 months senior football. I'm not sure why he has to be at the level required right now?

Level required for what? I am not asking him to start 30 league games, but he should be at the required level that he can play against one of the league's worst 2 sides. 

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Level required for what? I am not asking him to start 30 league games, but he should be at the required level that he can play against one of the league's worst 2 sides. 

What more important, 3pts or giving an untried player a first team starting debut who has 17minutes playing time in the PL?

Edited by ROTG
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What more important, 3pts or giving an untried player a first team starting debut who has 17minutes playing time in the PL?

Not giving two £100m plus players unnecessary minutes after long haul flights and international games that would invariably lead to injury or burn -out.

He's a perfectly adequate stand in but I think you really do know that.  

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not giving two £100m plus players unnecessary minutes after long haul flights and international games that would invariably lead to injury or burn -out.

So the result and 3pts are irrelevant. Is about protecting two players £100m players, one who played his last international friendly game against Italy on Sunday, the other will be back at cobham by Thursday AM

If neither play and it goes south, match day forum will be interesting 

Not sure how he can be a perfect stand in when he’s only played 17 minutes in the PL, If Burnley are so poor why was D Forfana loaned to them

Edited by ROTG
  • Like 1

My question is, why do we need to take a chance now?

To actually contribute to a midtable Premier League team, or hopefully better - I would have thought that's obvious.

Why should he be at that level? He has started what, like 10 senior men's games total at a lower level? He is almost definitely still honing his craft and that's ok. He may never be good enough but it doesn't need to be now or never for a 21 year old playing his first senior season and Chelsea are doing poorly enough as it is without taking that risk.

56 minutes ago, Ham said:

How do we know he's a perfectly adequate stand in? We've never really seen him play at this level and we don't see him train. 

This Enzo and Caicedo thing needs to be worked out at some point - International breaks happen too often for us to miss them both after every one when they are our starting pair. You can't have £200m of midfielders missing what 4 or 5 games a season each before you even consider injuries or suspension. Something that probably should have been considered when signing them both but alas here we are and we need to work around it.