Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Everton Win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/24 at 18:00

21 hours ago, JaneB said:

Leave Chilwell and Downton Abbey alone.  Such a ridiculous thing to say.

Leaving aside the insulting word in that comment,  Chilly does indeed look like he's walked in from the set of Downtown. Nowt wrong with looking like I might add, as that class of people had a lot of style and class back then.

46 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Leaving aside the insulting word in that comment,  Chilly does indeed look like he's walked in from the set of Downtown. Nowt wrong with looking like I might add, as that class of people had a lot of style and class back then.

Yes, obviously the insulting word was the worst thing.

And I can only add that I thought Chilwell was a great signing and he’s also DDG 🥰

12 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I slightly overreacted here @xceleryxand I apologise. I respect your different opinion!

Wouldn't stress, don't really take any of it personally. 

Would have replied to the original post but not been on here as much as I usually am, so will just leave it there anyway and enjoy a commanding win for once.

• Love 1

20 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, how refreshing to have a referee who didn't allow them to get away with booting our players. 

It was clearly in the new EPL rules that have been made available to the public at the start of the season.

Wondering if it’s a one off or they are back tracking on their idea to allow “heavier challenges for a more fast paced games”

12 hours ago, ShedMiddle said:

I'm lower. We're the middle we're the middle..

We're the west side we're the west side … (this could go on for a bit…)

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2024 at 22:56, ShedMiddle said:

A very shortened down version. Before will Griggs on fire.. 

Same as short version of liquidator etc before the game. The kiss cam etc.. 

Must just be me getting old and not liking change

On 15/04/2024 at 23:56, Blue Moon said:

Good point, @ShedMiddle, confess I enjoyed all the music, but the abbreviations were irritating. You upper or lower? I’m the West side of the Shed …

Noticed this watching on TV.

I hope it's not going to be like this all the time now. Like how City only ever play the fast version of Blue Moon nowadays. Loses its impact. 

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

We're the west side we're the west side … (this could go on for a bit…)

We're the white wall, we're the white wall........

On 15/04/2024 at 22:32, ShedMiddle said:

Just play madness like we have been doing for the past decade. Proven winner. Not this dance stuff - don't get me wrong I like it - just not at footy

Not sure if this is the reason it's played, but Freed From Desire (the nananana dance song) was played at full time when we won the CL, so I'm looking at it as a connection and reference to that.

Love that Three Little Birds have fully been co-opted by us now 🙂 It was already chanted at away games when we were losing, but the Palace DJ made sure to fully embed it into our Club lore now.

• Like 1

Couple of positive points -

1) Poch deserves credit for Palmer. He would never have been that free / scored so much under Tuchel.

2) We should build our team / attack around Palmer now. When looking for new players, we should ask which players complement him? Actually the pacy Madueke and Mudryk rather do. But he really is that good.

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

1) Poch deserves credit for Palmer. He would never have been that free / scored so much under Tuchel.

I actually think he would never have been that free even with Guardiola. He doesnt strike me as a free sort-a guy

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

And Jose would be critical of his defensive work, start instructing him to track back to his own penalty area, run the legs off him and basically ruin the player that he is.

I'm truly staggered to see fans thinking the way forward is to go with a coach who is so  outdated and negative.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Not sure if this is the reason it's played, but Freed From Desire (the nananana dance song) was played at full time when we won the CL, so I'm looking at it as a connection and reference to that.

Love that Three Little Birds have fully been co-opted by us now 🙂 It was already chanted at away games when we were losing, but the Palace DJ made sure to fully embed it into our Club lore now.

Fair play. Can't remember what was played after Porto win. I will think of it as ours from now on 😉

Three little birds goes way back. I remember it being played in the ground when I was a kid and we've been singing it in the shed for a decade or so.  Came into its own during the fat Spanish waiter season

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ShedMiddle said:

Three little birds goes way back. I remember it being played in the ground when I was a kid and we've been singing it in the shed for a decade or so.  Came into its own during the fat Spanish waiter season

You’re right. Ginger kid in Shed lower left, (behind me - must have been about row 12, seat 173) sang it on his own for ages - drove everyone round him nuts.

• Haha 1