Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Everton Win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/24 at 18:00

56 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

A very shortened down version. Before will Griggs on fire.. 

Same as short version of liquidator etc before the game. The kiss cam etc.. 

Must just be me getting old and not liking change

Good point, @ShedMiddle, confess I enjoyed all the music, but the abbreviations were irritating. You upper or lower? I’m the West side of the Shed …

Pochettino, amongst other things, appears to have said “Palmer is the official penalty taker. It’s up to him if he gives it to someone else” That is gross stupidity on his part. Take some bloody control! If Palmer is the penalty taker, Palmer is the penalty taker. It should not be a possibility for him to pass it on.

5 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Pochettino, amongst other things, appears to have said “Palmer is the official penalty taker. It’s up to him if he gives it to someone else” That is gross stupidity on his part. Take some bloody control! If Palmer is the penalty taker, Palmer is the penalty taker. It should not be a possibility for him to pass it on.

It doesn’t seem to me that Palmer will be giving the ball to anyone anytime soon, so I shouldn’t worry. 

Poch has waffled however about not actually saying after all we are going to buy any experience in summer, totally backtracking on his previous comment. (at 3:14, just click below)

AKA WE ARE NOT BUYING ANY EXPERIENCE IN THE SUMMER!!! More u23s are coming I promise you. f this stupid model letting the team down!!!!

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Poch couldn't have given a clearer message. Fair play Poch!

It's a nice message, but this has happened under his watch three times.

Get a grip Poch

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

And I called it correctly!!! (waiting for @chara to ask 🤣)

Congrats all round!!!!

Don't want any negativity tonight about anyone.

(Having said that, Jackson and Madueke do need to grow up though)

Ah Jane...I didn't vote...bit distracted this weekend but would have gone for the win...but didn't envisage such an emphatic one...... 2-0 up...Everton pull two back then a late winner,,,not exactly Nostradamus but seemed likely.

Couldn't be more pleased with six excellent goals,,,from the sheer sweetness of Cole's first,,,then an efficient well read header,,,the sheer aplomb of the lob and a text book penalty...Jackson's equally impressive goal and Alfie's  well taken first ,,,always a special moment.

Negatives...not today but such childish foolishness over the penalty,,,Leave It To Cole...in stone!

My "other" view..what the heck is Pickford trying to showcase with his somewhat bizzare "fashion" choices?... offends me as long ago keeper!

• Like 1

I caught some of the game, penalty incident aside, which sadly isn’t the first time, have to be very happy with that performance and result, definitely put a smile on my face and made work easier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Poch couldn't have given a clearer message. Fair play Poch!

He’s bang on here, let’s hope he’s right and it doesn’t happen again, if it does he needs to stick to his word and drop whoever’s responsible. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Dele Ali made a good point on Sky.  Madueke and Jackson were nowhere to be seen when it was the penalties against Manure and Man Shitty but  fighting for the ball when its 4-0

Noni was also arguing (albeit less petulantly) to take the penalty against United to equalize in the dying minutes. Don't think it's about stat padding for free, seems like it's more a case of ignoring the chain of command. All of this just adds unnecessary pressure for the PK taker - we're lucky Palmer doesn't seem phased at ALL under pressure.

Glad Poch has laid down the law, it's disappointing that this is even a talking point after our biggest win this season!

Edited by My Blood Is Blue
Removed uneeded and unnaceptable comment.
  • Agree 1

On 13/04/2024 at 20:29, boratsbrother said:

Every non Chelsea I know thinks our games are great fun to watch.

In terms of football as entertainment, I think  this is the most fun team to watch we've had in years. Week in week out so much happens during our games, going from one extreme to another and everything in between.  

I remember not too long ago there was so many games involving us that barely had anything going for half an hour an or more. Turgid, grinding, pragmatic shite vs our crazy games now. I know which i prefer to watch!

I really despise your username (those stupid films were lowest-common-denominator crap, and racist), but reading your posts I  often find myself agreeing with you.

I doubt any Chelsea fan is thrilled at the state of the side at the moment, but we're capable of beating big teams again, so at least you can sit down in front of a Chelsea game and have a reasonable hope of a result, which you couldn't last year. 

8 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Cole Palmer will rightly get all the plaudits but that whole performance was down to Caicedo and Gallagher. 

I'm a big fan of Enzo as a footballer, genuinely think he could go and star for Madrid or Barcelona but he just isn't capable of playing like that.  

Completely agree. I just hope the manager has seen that as well and sticks with the 2 of them for the moment.

• Agree 4

I missed the start of the 2nd half, so when the camera panned to Madueke and Jackson arguing over the penalty, I assumed Palmer had been subbed off. Shameful.

But on the bright side Palmer is going to be the best player in the World and Gilchrist channeling the energy and dream we all had growing up supporting this Club. Proper Chels. 

And of course the papers are all about the arguing over the penalty  and not the 6-0 win , that's why both should have been taken off seconds after Palmer scored to make it 5-0 and they should both have been made to explain themselves post match on TV. 

It's taken the gloss off a really balanced and excellent performance and makes Pochettino and the club look like idiots in the eyes of those in the media who cannot wait to lay into us .

As an aside did anyone else hear the Sky commentator falling over himself to mention that Gilchrist joined the club at 11 years old from QPR which was another snidey slight in my opinion so they could make out he wasn't as much one of us as we'd like to believe 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Our first clean sheet since January since guess what...
THIAGO SILVA WAS PLAYING!!!

Not going to get into the whole Silva argument again, because ultimately he's likely gone at seasons end anyway and we also do need to move on from relying on him as much as we have done. 

He played reasonably well, as one would expect of his ability. However, we also need to be mindful that this was a struggling Everton side that also had a striker with 3 goals all season leading the line in Beto. Who, on a couple of occasions, was quite unlucky not to have put the ball in the back of the net- and when he did was just offside.

Defensively we still looked as vulnerable as we have done in recent weeks and months. Chalobah didn't win a single aerial duel and currently sits at a 35% win rate for the season, this cannot be ignored and as a CB is quite frankly abysmal. Thiago Silva thankfully  is quite strong in the air for his size so compensated to a degree, but at the end of the day it's an area that requires addressing with neither being the solution. 

Really surprised Everton didn't try and go longer more often, they had us beat for size and really failed to exploit the mismatches they did have. 

• Like 1

^ Academy sledging again

remind us how many clean sheets the +80m ex-Monaco pair have had in the past couple of months when playing in one of the CB roles or together ?

Edited by ROTG

I don't want to to detract from the result last night at all, a 6-0 win should always be celebrated, but my word Everton were awful! I think that's possibly the worst performance I've seen from any side we've faced this season. The minute we went 1 ahead it was game over, they just didn't seem interested in competing at all.

However, we still had to perform and you have to perform at a decent level to get 6 goals, so we should be very pleased and also really pleased with the clean sheet, which was much needed.

I don't really know what more can be said of Cole Palmer, his talent, his attitude, his calmness and everything in between is just so impressive, especially given his age and the fact that this is his first full season at this level. For me, he should be winning the Young Player and Player of the Season awards, that is how good I think he has been.

As for the rest last night, Gusto again had a very good performance, although slightly quieter than some recent games, but he is the starting RB for me and James needs to earn that place back and it won't be easy. Cucurella did well on the left, but not much threat down the right for him to deal with to be fair. Chalobah and Silva did fine, not a lot for them to deal with either but concerning that Beto did get in behind them a couple of times.

Gallagher and Caicedo for me, should be the starting 2 in midfield. On the few occasions we've seen it, it has worked really well and it allows us to control the midfield so much more than when Enzo is on there. I highlighted it during the match, but Gallaghers work rate and willingness to get about the pitch, allow Caicedo to do the things he does best without having to also be the man that covers every inch of space making up for Enzo's lack of mobility. I hope he sticks with these 2 for Man City, so we can really get an idea if it can work as well as we think.

Madueke and Mudryk were decent, Mudryk looks so much better when he can pick the ball up and run down the centre of the pitch because he's so quick, defenders can't/don't want to get near him, however, when he is out wide, it's much easier to just shepherd him out and minimise his space. Madueke I'm still torn on, I think he has a lot of talent, but I think he is still so raw. Against this kind of opposition he's fine or coming off the bench against a tired defence he is fine, but more often than not he struggles when starting a match (IMO). He did well last night though and was involved in a lot of the good things we did, his attitude is definitely a red flag at the moment though.

Jackson was much better last night than he has been in the last few games. When he plays like he did last night then he is a real nuisance for defenders. He is happy to sit on that last defender and also happy to come deeper to get involved in the play, meaning he's difficult to pick up. He still has a questionable first touch at times, but his work rate and his understanding of what players like Palmer want to do is impressive. 

Overall, it's a good night for us, but we have to kick on from here, all too often we follow this kind of result up with an absolute stinker!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3