Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Everton Win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/24 at 18:00

5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’d take Europa league, but would definitely rather avoid Conference. I think Europa would be a good experience for this squad to go through together. We’d probably need a squad of 40 with the amount of matches and our injury record.

Be careful of what you wish for.  Qualification could result in a ban and hefty fines.

ANY return to a UEFA  competition next season could cause us much pain, given the new UEFA FSR rules brought in to replace FFP are even more restrictive than the FSR rules the Premier League have us operating under.

We just about scraped through for the last PL accounting period. We'll probably just about scrape through for the next PL accounting period (though we will need to sell a fair few players if we want to strengthen in key areas). What is pretty much agreed upon by those in the know is that we would fail to comply with FSR under the new UEFA regulations in place.

Clubs are permitted to lose up to €80m (£68.5m; $86m) for the 2024-25 monitoring period — which will encompass the 2022-23 and 2023-24 seasons — provided they are deemed to be in good health and not subject to existing UEFA sanctions.

That means £68.5m over the previous two years, not £105m over the previous three years, becomes the key loss threshold.❞
[The Athletic - Feb 22, 2024]

Qualifying for the Champions League (not likely for a while), Europa League or even the Conference (an outside chance) is a double edged sword.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Be careful of what you wish for.  Qualification could result in a ban and hefty fines.

ANY return to a UEFA  competition next season could cause us much pain, given the new UEFA FSR rules brought in to replace FFP are even more restrictive than the FSR rules the Premier League have us operating under.

We just about scraped through for the last PL accounting period. We'll probably just about scrape through for the next PL accounting period (though we will need to sell a fair few players if we want to strengthen in key areas). What is pretty much agreed upon by those in the know is that we would fail to comply with FSR under the new UEFA regulations in place.

Clubs are permitted to lose up to €80m (£68.5m; $86m) for the 2024-25 monitoring period — which will encompass the 2022-23 and 2023-24 seasons — provided they are deemed to be in good health and not subject to existing UEFA sanctions.

That means £68.5m over the previous two years, not £105m over the previous three years, becomes the key loss threshold.❞
[The Athletic - Feb 22, 2024]

Qualifying for the Champions League (not likely for a while), Europa League or even the Conference (an outside chance) is a double edged sword.

Surely, and if we qualify for a lesser competition, we take the ban. 

Job done.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Every non Chelsea I know thinks our games are great fun to watch.

In terms of football as entertainment, I think  this is the most fun team to watch we've had in years. Week in week out so much happens during our games, going from one extreme to another and everything in between.  

I remember not too long ago there was so many games involving us that barely had anything going for half an hour an or more. Turgid, grinding, pragmatic shite vs our crazy games now. I know which i prefer to watch!

We’re great fun to watch for a neutral, because we provide a great source of comedy.

Each to their own, but this team are not my idea of fun, sure the City and United games this season were crazy, but I found them more stressful than anything else. Week in, week out we’re unpredictable, I don’t see how being inconsistent during games is exciting, I find it infuriating personally, but that’s me.

I would rather be pragmatic and be in the top four or have pundits crying about boredom like the old days and be winning titles, we had a proper, professional and resilient team. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I'd like to see us qualify for the EL only if we use it to give experience to our youngest squad players.  

Agree with that, would be a very good experience for them. 

I suppose we are in the third tier in the premiership.Arsenal,Liverpool,and Man city in the first tier.Aston Villa and Spurs in the second and us in the also rans but not destined for relegation 

It is unacceptable plain and simple.The owners have played a big part in where we are - but Poch is making a dogs dinner of some nice ingredients .

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Another good result in our favor today. We could have a serious climb up the table but you just know this team can’t do it. 

Don't know what you mean. We beat Luton home AND away this season.

• Haha 2

Just now, Max Fowler said:

Does an actual leader say this or one who pretends to be one? 🤔

I dunno Max , I think he's had a couple of bad games where he's been shunted around the defence and you've then decided he's crap when he isn't to be honest . 

If you're after going for someone for not being a leader have a look at the bloke who sits silently in the dug out each game dreaming of churros and Frey Bentos pies.

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I dunno Max , I think he's had a couple of bad games where he's been shunted around the defence and you've then decided he's crap when he isn't to be honest . 

We'll agree to disagree. If anyone could relate to irrationally blaming all our problems on one man, it might be you though MK 😜

Enzo and Disasi not playing tonight according to SKY, so maybe:

Petrovic

Gusto - Silva - Levi - Cucu

Gallagher - Chuk

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

10 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Enzo and Disasi not playing tonight according to SKY, so maybe:

Petrovic

Gusto - Silva - Levi - Cucu

Gallagher - Chuk

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

would rather have Caicedo instead of Chuck there but have Chuk as No.10 and move Palmer to the wing. Also, is Levi fit to play?

3 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

would rather have Caicedo instead of Chuck there but have Chuk as No.10 and move Palmer to the wing. Also, is Levi fit to play?

From what I have seen of Caicedo (and Sterling) lately, I would not have it in the starting lineup. No info on Levi on Injury list. Palmer may just as well act as an "attacking libero" - he is our driving force at the moment.

Edited by asvaberg

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

From what I have seen of Caicedo (and Sterling) lately, I would not have it in the starting lineup. No info on Levi on Injury list. Palmer may just as well act as an "attacking libero" - he is our driving force at the moment.

Apropos of nothing I thought you’d enjoy this 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0x0wdey2v6o

I’m a pro radio presenter and will be featuring this next weekend😉 🇳🇴 🇬🇧 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

What a lot of old shit. I rate him but come on. 

Partly why I didn't like Colwill and Disasi fist pumping against City.

Came across as lower level mentality trying to pretend to be leaders.

• Like 1