Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Everton Win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/24 at 18:00

My firestick has reached the end of its life.The truth is I couldn't be bothered to replace it and then have to install sites that I can watch our games and other premium sites.

For sure Poch is handicapped by injuries but I honestly think Poch  doesn't know what players are good enough that can  be consistent in the premiership.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

My firestick has reached the end of its life.The truth is I couldn't be bothered to replace it and then have to install sites that I can watch our games and other premium sites.

For sure Poch is handicapped by injuries but I honestly think Poch  doesn't know what players are good enough that can  be consistent in the premiership.

Jesus I'm too nice - what I meant to say is Poch doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, hallgalley said:

Sanchez

Chilwell    Fofana  Colwill   Disasi  James

Ugochuckwu        Lavia

Enzo

Nkunku.                Sterling

That would beat the 11 we’ll actually put out!

Newcastle seem to be putting some kind of form together. IMO we've got little to no chance of catching them now - the only chance of us scraping Europe is overtaking West Ham but I don't fancy we'll do that either.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Newcastle seem to be putting some kind of form together. IMO we've got little to no chance of catching them now - the only chance of us scraping Europe is overtaking West Ham but I don't fancy we'll do that either.

I said in the Poch thread that Spurs are not all that and we are well capable of catching or overtaking them next season. Like Biesa, a one dimensional manager with only one way to play as well. 

What a festival of football this is going to be. I can’t wait for all the plodding, the lost duels, the mis-placed, stupid passes, the collective physical and mental weakness, the lack of togetherness, the missed chances, individual errors, lack of cohesion, absence of tactics and of course those bizarre substitutions. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

What a festival of football this is going to be. I can’t wait for all the plodding, the lost duels, the mis-placed, stupid passes, the collective physical and mental weakness, the lack of togetherness, the missed chances, individual errors, lack of cohesion, absence of tactics and of course those bizarre substitutions. 

It’s really gonna be a woeful watch. Everton will enjoy making it turgid.

Stop Palmer and they don’t lose

• Like 1

The teams we really struggle against are the ones that play on the counter with a deep block. So, we can end up getting some OK results against the likes of Arsenal (1D), Liverpool (1D1L), Man City (2D), Man Utd (1W1L), Spurs (1W) and Newcastle  (1W1L) and then really struggle against the Burnley (1W1D, Sheffield (1W1D) and Forest (1L). Of course, as the season draws on, those in the midtable tend to stop trying as hard, and the ones fighting relegation become harder to beat. So, it might not work out well. 

15 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Poch-on-45

All his greatest hits. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Every non Chelsea I know thinks our games are great fun to watch.

In terms of football as entertainment, I think  this is the most fun team to watch we've had in years. Week in week out so much happens during our games, going from one extreme to another and everything in between.  

I remember not too long ago there was so many games involving us that barely had anything going for half an hour an or more. Turgid, grinding, pragmatic shite vs our crazy games now. I know which i prefer to watch!

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The teams we really struggle against are the ones that play on the counter with a deep block. So, we can end up getting some OK results against the likes of Arsenal (1D), Liverpool (1D1L), Man City (2D), Man Utd (1W1L), Spurs (1W) and Newcastle  (1W1L) and then really struggle against the Burnley (1W1D, Sheffield (1W1D) and Forest (1L). Of course, as the season draws on, those in the midtable tend to stop trying as hard, and the ones fighting relegation become harder to beat. So, it might not work out well. 

I take your point but I don’t accept those results as “ok“. They are unacceptable. They are just not an absolute dumpster fire. Those results would never have been acceptable under Tuchel or before. Standards have just slipped so much that 3 wins in 10 games is considered „ok“ for Chelsea. Soon as we accept that as „ok“ we have top 6 mentality (aka we are dead) rather than as Poch parroted at the beginning of the season - putting no limits on ourselves.

3 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

In terms of football as entertainment, I think  this is the most fun team to watch we've had in years. Week in week out so much happens during our games, going from one extreme to another and everything in between.  

I remember not too long ago there was so many games involving us that barely had anything going for half an hour an or more. Turgid, grinding, pragmatic shite vs our crazy games now. I know which i prefer to watch!

I agree but I prefer to see us win and be in control. There’s a reason all our previous managers didn’t play so open and reckless - aka it’s a loser strategy.

There’s little joy in scoring any more because I expect us to concede.

It’s as if we didn’t score at all 

And I still think this game will be turgid 

6 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

We're the Harlem Globetrotters where the coach is the Lemon. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I take your point but I don’t accept those results as “ok“. They are unacceptable. They are just not an absolute dumpster fire. Those results would never have been acceptable under Tuchel or before. Standards have just slipped so much that 3 wins in 10 games is considered „ok“ for Chelsea. Soon as we accept that as „ok“ we have top 6 mentality (aka we are dead) rather than as Poch parroted at the beginning of the season - putting no limits on ourselves.

I said OK as opposed to "great" or "terrible." I am not saying it is satisfactory, but I am being realistic. You play with a bunch of talented but inexperienced players, so this is not a terrible set of results against that opposition. Against the weaker teams, it is poor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I agree but I prefer to see us win and be in control. There’s a reason all our previous managers didn’t play so open and reckless - aka it’s a loser strategy.

There’s little joy in scoring any more because I expect us to concede.

It’s as if we didn’t score at all 

And I still think this game will be turgid 

Of course this type of football won't get us back to challenging for the title again, but for now, while we are where we are and very much on the learning curve, I'll take this over what we had before when we were in grave danger of dropping points whenever any team scored one goal.

Btw. We are due a non eventful and turgid game, so I'll be happy to  take a breather and settle for a dull one nil win.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're the Harlem Globetrotters where the coach is the Lemon. 

Ahhh, that name brings back a very happy memory of going to see them at Wembley Arena. Can't stand Basketball but they were great fun to watch. 🙂

Medowlarke didn't shut up for a single second😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Nah broski. For me we’re a shit team. Utterly shit, bereft of leadership, coaching and spirit. We only sing when we’re winning. 

4 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I'd rather take no Europe than Europa League or Johnstone's Paint Conference League

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This game will be like a trip to the dentist, as painful as having teeth pulled out.  Everton will park an aircraft carrier in front of their goal, will try to bully and intimidate us physically, and hope to nick a goal from a set play, and by playing 1980's style alehouse football.  Just the sort of team we struggle against i other words.  I would love it, really love it if we hammer them just to see Sean Dyches' ugly mug miserable as sin, but the best we could hope for is a narrow win in a bore fest.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, johnnybozo said:

I'd rather take no Europe than Europa League or Johnstone's Paint Conference League

I’d take Europa league, but would definitely rather avoid Conference. I think Europa would be a good experience for this squad to go through together. We’d probably need a squad of 40 with the amount of matches and our injury record.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’d take Europa league, but would definitely rather avoid Conference. I think Europa would be a good experience for this squad to go through together. We’d probably need a squad of 40 with the amount of matches and our injury record.

Agreed. If there's any chance of ECL on the last day then we need to throw the game.