Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Arsenal win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/24 at 18:00

3 hours ago, Ham said:

1) Wes Fofana. Levi Colwill. Chilwell. James. Lavia. Nkunku. 

2) No they haven't. The whole back 4 for a start.  All of our CM cover (I believe Lavia will become a starter). 

3) Temporarily.  None of the season long injuries to key players we've had. 

Just messing about on a formation builder I came up with a number of potential first team formations and line ups which we could have called open. 

Rotation takes the strain off exhausted players which is as crucial as having our first 11 available each week.  

So depending on opposition and taking rotation into account; 

Screenshot_20240424_133203_CFC-Bluescom.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_132833_CFC-Bluescom.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_132537_CFC-Bluescom.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_132443_CFC-Bluescom.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_132101_CFC-Bluescom.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_131628_CFC-Bluescom.jpg

Screenshot_20240424_131344_CFC-Bluescom.jpg

I get your point Ham and appreciate the effort, but these are not nailed on first-team starters. Only James (who Gusto has probably been as good as), Nkunku and Chilwell make the first XI right now. Chilwell looks a shadow of the player he was, likely never to return to his heights, and Nkunku looks glass kneed as well.

You are speaking about how having more player available would increase our flexibility. Agreed. Everyone would have more energy and less compounding injuries.

But let's not pretend these are either

A) Guaranteed first-team starters

B) Not, for the most part, injury prone players that we either had or were signed (Chilwell, James, Fofana, Nkunku) which the board should have planned around.

C) These are the worst injuries OF ALL TIME. They've been really bad. We all know that.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

I get your point Ham and appreciate the effort, but these are not nailed on first-team starters. Only James (who Gusto has probably been as good as), Nkunku and Chilwell make the first XI right now. Chilwell looks a shadow of the player he was, likely never to return to his heights, and Nkunku looks glass kneed as well.

You are speaking about how having more player available would increase our flexibility. Agreed. Everyone would have more energy and less compounding injuries.

But let's not pretend these are either

A) Guaranteed first-team starters

B) Not, for the most part, injury prone players that we either had or were signed (Chilwell, James, Fofana, Nkunku) which the board should have planned around.

C) These are the worst injuries OF ALL TIME. They've been really bad. We all know that.

I maintain that they are top quality first team regulars*WHEN FIT*

Leave them all to recover now for the rest of the season and pre-season and go again.  

I haven't given up on any of them Max.  

Ever the optimistic 🙄

2 hours ago, east lower said:

2nd quickest - Louis Saha beat Robbie’s record against us, of all teams. But that was when we used to win at Wembley and win trophies and be able to mount comebacks.

That reaction save from Petrovic from the Disasi poked out foot to stop a shot from going wide was world class.

3rd quickest last season gundogan broke the record in the final..

• Thanks 1

The worst performance I've seen from us since 2015/16, in that shower of a season when Mourinho ceased to be an elite coach.  we managed to make Havertz look world class, and that takes some doing.  Poor Gilchrist was thrown to the lions, Caicedo was run ragged by Oddiegaard (OK I mis-spelt his name), Enzo was a joke, he could't trap a bag of cement nor pass wind.  Madueke was average.  Gallagher was like Emmanuel Petit in disguise, and Jackson cannot finish his breakfast, never mind chances.  The entire back four skived off.  If it wasn't for for the keeper, it would have been worse, although he should have done better with the first goal.  Poch has to shoulder some of the blame as well, they are his signings, but no top coaches will come here for the forseeable future.  Tuchel won't be coming back unfortunately.  As for Mourinho and Conte,  the fact that no clubs are queueing up for their services tells me all I need to know.  I'd love Ancelotti back, but there's more chance of me getting the job!  We missed out on Emery and ne or two others and are paying the price.  We're Donald Ducked!

Petrovic

Disasi/Chalobah   Gilchrist/Colwill  

Gusto/James                                Chilwell/

Enzo/Caciedo.           Gallagher/Lavia  
                  Chukwemeka/Palmer

Madueke/Hutchinson/Murdyk                                         
Nkunku./Jackson

Bring in a new LB or CB and a striker 

still have Santos ,Ugochuckwu, Paez(couple of years) Casedi &Washington see how Fofana is 

Could sell to meet FFP Sterling,  Badiashile Broja Lukaku (£80m)

could gel as a team…:

Also the under 18’s are currently top of the league…..

55 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

Petrovic

Chukwemeka/Palmer

Nkunku./Jackson

still have Santos ,Ugochuckwu, Paez(couple of years) Casedi &Washington see how Fofana is 

could gel as a team…:

That’s a team DEVOID of leadership and experience

1 hour ago, Ham said:

I maintain that they are top quality first team regulars*WHEN FIT*

Leave them all to recover now for the rest of the season and pre-season and go again.  

I haven't given up on any of them Max.  

Ever the optimistic 🙄

That’s like saying Azpilicueta’s a really great full back now when he turns on the pace. These are chronically unfit players that we have signed or failed to plan around who you keep bemoaning as bad luck. Is it really bad luck when we already know that James and Chilwell will very likely miss large parts of the season? No, it’s bad planning.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

That’s a team DEVOID of leadership and experience

And that’s hopefully where the 2/signings help in defence and up top (Harry Kane if Pochettino stays 😀) and(John stones) experienced defender and striker can’t think of any off the top of my head who could play there …. 

19 minutes ago, hallgalley said:

And that’s hopefully where the 2/signings help in defence and up top (Harry Kane if Pochettino stays 😀) and(John stones) experienced defender and striker can’t think of any off the top of my head who could play there …. 

They are not going to buy experience ☺️

3 hours ago, hallgalley said:

Petrovic

Chukwemeka/Palmer

Nkunku./Jackson

could gel as a team…:

Disasi needs to be gone. Just a slow oaf. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Next match is Villa away, @NoblyBobly, so don't get too excited. A second 0:5 drubbing on the trot is more likely than a 6:0 win.

A propos nothing, odd that the man “The man with the blue and white hair” hasn't had the sledging that Kevin Pietersen had a few decades ago in cricket - "A seagull's shit .... in yer hair". Although I'd still give Jackson more time to get his act together, God knows he's deserved some cat-calling more than KP.

I mean what score can we guess at? Has anyone a clue? 
I would certainly like to know if there ever was an occasion when a top tier club won 5/6 nil one league game , then lost by 5/6 nil the next. I reckon we are in a league of our own. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

13 minutes ago, east lower said:

Wonder if Klippity’s got the same feeling tonight!! 😂🤣

I think the Klip is being taken from his Klop ( thank God). 
A final season with sweet FA would be sweet indeed. ( Haribo cup doesn’t count but probably do open top bus tour with it anyway) . 

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think the Klip is being taken from his Klop ( thank God). 
A final season with sweet FA would be sweet indeed. ( Haribo cup doesn’t count but probably do open top bus tour with it anyway) . 

On a serious note, but a hopeful one for me as I despise them - they could end up down where we are. Salah looks a shadow of what he was and might be Saudi bound. Diaz  seems to have noise around him going. Van Dyke looks like he’s going down the hill now. 🤞

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

My cup runneth over. Thank you Everton 

Thank the Lord for these small mercies in our troubled times. 

Next dilemma - Spuds or Gooners at the weekend? Normally Spuds losing, but on this one occasion draw or Spuds win for me. Couldn’t bear the amount of arrogance from the Goons if they win the league. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, east lower said:

Next dilemma - Spuds or Gooners at the weekend? Normally Spuds losing, but on this one occasion draw or Spuds win for me. Couldn’t bear the amount of arrogance from the Goons if they win the league. 

Spuds/Arse draw would suit as it would adversely affect both of them. 

Villa and City, we're relying on you!!!!

• Like 1

Some of the "best fans in England" are saying their players are a disgrace and there needs to be a big clearout. 

They're sick of TTA being a shit defender. Sick of VVD waving his arms about l. Salah should bugger off to Saudi. 

They come out with that in a season when they've won a trophy and been in a title challenge. I'd love to see how mad  they'd be  if they'd had the last two seasons we've had to endure.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, east lower said:

On a serious note, but a hopeful one for me as I despise them - they could end up down where we are. Salah looks a shadow of what he was and might be Saudi bound. Diaz  seems to have noise around him going. Van Dyke looks like he’s going down the hill now. 🤞

Said this a few months ago when it was announced Klopp was leaving, Liverpool are entering an interesting period of their own with a lot of the stars now on the wrong side of 30. They'll have a rebuild of sorts to be doing, so I'm kinda not surprised Klopp opted to jump knowing this cycle is more or less over.

God I hope they implode. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, east lower said:

Absolutely. I know too many gooners and they have been insufferable after this result. I think that’s why this result and the manner of it  is so painful . I'm rooting for any team wearing a blue shirt from now until end of season. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

That’s like saying Azpilicueta’s a really great full back now when he turns on the pace. These are chronically unfit players that we have signed or failed to plan around who you keep bemoaning as bad luck. Is it really bad luck when we already know that James and Chilwell will very likely miss large parts of the season? No, it’s bad planning.

All our long term and short term injuries will be ready soon for international duty at the Euros. They will all play about 15 mins before limping off with another 6 month long injury.

And so the circle of strife continues. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And btw way, what has caused Chilwells latest injury? Did an opponent look at him in a funny way and the tendons just started pinging around his body?

Sadly our current crop of players have contracted something called davebeasantitis. This devastating affliction stems from an old keeper of ours called “Big Dave Beasant”. For our younger viewers Big Dave was what you use to call ‘a bit of a character’. He wasn’t a bad keeper but was prone to making absolute howlers now and again ( every Chelsea keeper since Cech says hi!). 
He was somewhat of a butterfingers which was a bit odd because he had these huge hands which were made to look even huger when he wore these massive gloves which must have been borrowed from the local circus.

Anyway Big Dave had just about recovered from a long term injury when he was making himself a sandwich at home. Then to no-ones surprise he managed to drop a 2kg jar of salad cream which landed straight on his big toe and ripped through a tendon. Some cruelly suggested he must have been wearing his massive gloves at the time. 
The force of Big Dave is strong in this latest batch of players. 

I was there for Norwich at home 😬😬😬🙈🙈🙈