Condolences & Memories

My Blood Is Blue

Like many on here I suspect, he was one of the first voices we heard when watching football on the TV. Remember seeing him on TV years ago when he was pitch side, absolutely covered in snow and still talking!

RIP John Motson, the man who put sheep skin coats firmly on the map! 

Edited by chrisb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisb said:

RIP John Motson, the man who put sheep skin coats firmly on the map! 

Someone said on talksh@t today, they will be getting out there sheep skin coat and wearing at the game they are going to at the weekend as a mark of respect.

Absolute legend RIP Motty 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

RIP 

Spoken like the Chelsea fan he actually was.

Funnily enough I remember saying exactly the same immediately after the game in the match day thread on here. It was relentless and brilliant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Funnily enough I remember saying exactly the same immediately after the game in the match day thread on here. It was relentless and brilliant. 

I was at the game and it was the best I have ever seen us play. The highlights on YouTube don't even show the best of us as I remember it! I turned to the guy next to me and just said, "Bloody hell we're good!"

9 hours ago, Ham said:

9 hours ago, RDCW said:

I was at the game and it was the best I have ever seen us play. The highlights on YouTube don't even show the best of us as I remember it! I turned to the guy next to me and just said, "Bloody hell we're good!"

And that , gents is what Conte , when he's on his game , can bring to the table . 

The worst manager we've ever had , playing the worst football they've ever seen according to some. 

Not a site for frivolity with so sad postings this week...although for JM the smiling memories are a wonderful tribute.

I just wanted to remember a Stamford Bridge, possibly "urban type", Legend/Myth

Raquel Welch passed last week and those of us of a certain age will remember her with fondness and a smile.

The Legend of Ossie and Raquel was something to raise a smile and wonder at back in the day.

RIP.

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chara said:

Not a site for frivolity with so sad postings this week...although for JM the smiling memories are a wonderful tribute.

I just wanted to remember a Stamford Bridge, possibly "urban type", Legend/Myth

Raquel Welch passed last week and those of us of a certain age will remember her with fondness and a smile.

The Legend of Ossie and Raquel was something to raise a smile and wonder at back in the day.

RIP.

Raquel Welch certainly attended a game at Stamford Bridge, while she was at the height of her fame and indeed beauty. She was a megastar (much more intelligent and classy than the media often acknowledged) and helped to contribute to the glamour of CFC. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...