Chelsea 1 Leeds United 0

JaneB

This feels like the last game of the Potter regime unless we win. Anything other than a win here, I think they will make the call ahead of Dortmund and see if we can go into that game with a positive bounce to see us get through.

I suspect Anthony Barry is going to be making his managerial debut in the Champions League at home to Dortmund.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

This feels like the last game of the Potter regime unless we win. Anything other than a win here, I think they will make the call ahead of Dortmund and see if we can go into that game with a positive bounce to see us get through.

I suspect Anthony Barry is going to be making his managerial debut in the Champions League at home to Dortmund.

I'd be shocked at this stage. Given Potter hasn't been launched into the sun as of yet, I can't see why another loss (or 10) is going to change too much for ownership right now. I've just got this sneaking suspicion that we're holding on until the summer, where maybe it'll be cheaper to give Potter the flick and we'll have proper options to replace him with. 

Then again I also wouldn't be surprised if I see an announcement of Potter signing a new 5 year extension. 

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

So, who captains the side now? 

Not sure I'd reward anyone with the arm band right now. 

Should be Mason Mount but Potter has ruined him so he can't even get in the team, whilst Loftus Cheek, Havertz and Ziyech are nailed on starters.

Just let that sink in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

If you look closely, you will find both @charaand me just below the red arrow 🙂 

Is that your invalid carriage parked behind the goal? Memories eh? Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie, two at the back, three in the middle, four at the front, ones gone home for his tea? Beans on toast? Possibly. Don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Should be Mason Mount but Potter has ruined him so he can't even get in the team, whilst Loftus Cheek, Havertz and Ziyech are nailed on starters.

Just let that sink in.

I'd have said Mount a year or two back also, but I don't think he's really cut out to be a genuine captain of this club at this time either. More so if he isn't going to commit his future here. 

24 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Isn't James the obvious captain now? He is probably the only one playing with the "heart behind the badge"..............

I'd hope not. Again, like Mount he looked a candidate a couple years ago but the more he plays (or doesn't play in some cases), the less suitable he continues to look. Don't think he's got the personality for the role at all.

5 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

I'd have said Mount a year or two back also, but I don't think he's really cut out to be a genuine captain of this club at this time either. More so if he isn't going to commit his future here. 

I'd hope not. Again, like Mount he looked a candidate a couple years ago but the more he plays (or doesn't play in some cases), the less suitable he continues to look. Don't think he's got the personality for the role at all.

Be interesting who does get it.

Slim pickings really.

6 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

There's more chance of rain in the driest cities of Egypt than finding a suitable captain out of this lot. 

What about Enzo , it might help him keep tabs on where everyone has gone when he's trudging towards his own goal on his own  for the umpteenth time. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What about Enzo , it might help him keep tabs on where everyone has gone when he's trudging towards his own goal on his own  for the umpteenth time. 

Probably needs to know how to speak English first before anything else. 

Not that it's helped Potter get his message across mind you.

Edited by xceleryx

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Just let that sink in.

How can you ruin a player like MM?  I’m livid about that.
That’s sackable on its own.

He, RJ and probably Chilwell are the only ones who deserve the armband.  The rest couldn’t care less about Chelsea and I couldn’t care less about them.

That’s why I feel so detached from my team these days ☹️

• Sad 1

To be honest, it's not as if Mount was in world class form and then suddenly switched off once Potter arrived. He was on a steady decline already.

He was dropped by England at the World Cup too unless we're also going to blame that on Potter?

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

How can you ruin a player like MM?  I’m livid about that.
That’s sackable on its own.

I agree, someone that has been at the club since he was 8, is a full blown Chelsea fan and most definitely one of our own. The boy that became a man and won the champions League. 

• Like 2

Just now, martin1905 said:

I agree, someone that has been at the club since he was 8, is a full blown Chelsea fan and most definitely one of our own. The boy that became a man and won the champions League. 

I just wish he'd sign his contract and take that weight off his shoulders so he can concentrate on his football again

1 minute ago, Bison said:

To be honest, it's not as if Mount was in world class form and then suddenly switched off once Potter arrived. He was on a steady decline already.

He was dropped by England at the World Cup too unless we're also going to blame that on Potter?

If you’re paid 12 million a year you get MM back to playing his best.  He was one of our most valuable assets, now look at him 🙁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Disagree. Much like the myth that we were declining under Tuchel Mounts drop in form is also just not true. Before now.

There was much debate around Tuchel, those who thought we were not doing well under him or getting worse were, respectfully, wrong. Mount is another example and a reason to bash Tuchel but both Mounts form declining and our own form under Tuchel doing the same quite simply didn't happen.

11 goals and 10 assists in 32 league games last year.

The only problem Mount has ever had is that he is versatile and available every single second of every single game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

This.  A million times over.  He has everything.

• Like 2