Chelsea 1 Leeds United 0

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leeds United at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 4th March 2023 (Local UK time/date)

Do you know what the saddest thing about this is for me at this point? I don’t even care about this match.

The owners don’t seem to care about our form. The manager isn’t capable of fixing this and just looks beaten. The players don’t seem too fussed about what’s going on. So why should I care?

I can’t see us scoring, so let’s hope for a 0-0.

In terms of a lineup, don’t really care. James and Chilwell may well play, but not in a way they can be effective in attack. Enzo will play with a partner that doesn’t compliment him. Havertz will float around a bit again. We might even be treated to Ziyech cutting in on to his left foot a few times again. Can’t wait.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

All that is going to happen is they'll swarm our box and press us to death and we'll conspire to shoot ourselves in the foot , give away a penalty or score an own goal and the coach will come out and tell us the players gave everything and some hapless berk player will be chosen to come out with the old "we're hurting , the fans deserve more , we'll turn this around" cobblers . 

Potter give your self a chance , 3-5-2 , no Koulibally , no Ziyech , no RLC and get James attacking , play Felix and Havertz( if you must) as a two , Zakaria holding (and tell him to stay put) and Enzo and Mount.

Edited by Mark Kelly

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

All that is going to happen is they'll swarm our box and press us to death and we'll conspire to shoot ourselves in the foot , give away a penalty or score an own goal and the coach will come out and tell us the players gave everything and some hapless berk player will be chosen to come out with the old "we're hurting , the fans deserve more , we'll turn this around" cobblers . 

Potter give your self a chance , 3-5-2 , no Koulibally , no Ziyech , no RLC and get James attacking , play Felix and Havertz( if you must) as a two , Zakaria holding (and tell him to stay put) and Enzo and Mount.

Hard to disagree with this. I think this is a horrible game for this Chelsea team and set up. I was more confident getting something at spurs, than I would be of winning this match. I struggle to see how this games ends well, unless we score early in first 10 mins or so. I suspect this could be the final game of the Potter regime.

Edited by Thiago97

2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Kepa

Fofana - Badiashile - Chilwell(or Cucurella)

James .....................................Cucurella(or Chilwell)

Zakaria - Enzo - Mount

Felix - Havertz

I don't think the change of formation is the answer but if we did...

Surely as a pacey left footer Badiashile plays on the left of the 3? If not, Chilwell has to be the wingback - i've seen nothing to suggest Cucurella is dynamic enough to be anywhere near the attacking threat that Chilly is. 

Are you playing for the draw? I wouldn't blame you on current performances and results but this midfield and front line feel even less likely to score than our recent line up. Very solid defensively though. 

Felix and Havertz up top together feels very one paced. No one is running away from someone or taking people on particularly. Surely if we play 2 up front there should be at least 1 actual striker on the pitch?

Having said all of this, I usually come here to offer a lie up in the build up to games - I give up this time as I literally can't think of an 11 that I think seems promising anymore.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Do you know what the saddest thing about this is for me at this point? I don’t even care about this match.

The owners don’t seem to care about our form. The manager isn’t capable of fixing this and just looks beaten. The players don’t seem too fussed about what’s going on. So why should I care?

I can’t see us scoring, so let’s hope for a 0-0.

In terms of a lineup, don’t really care. James and Chilwell may well play, but not in a way they can be effective in attack. Enzo will play with a partner that doesn’t compliment him. Havertz will float around a bit again. We might even be treated to Ziyech cutting in on to his left foot a few times again. Can’t wait.

Same line up as the spuds game for me to get some continuity and hopefully an extra weeks coaching might reap some reward, rather than having another 6 changes to the starting line up. The starting 11 which lost to the spuds is the clubs best hope of getting past Dortmund 

Maybe RLC will be pushed to the bench

24 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Same line up as the spuds game for me to get some continuity and hopefully an extra weeks coaching might reap some reward, rather than having another 6 changes to the starting line up. The starting 11 which lost to the spuds is the clubs best hope of getting past Dortmund 

Maybe RLC will be pushed to the bench

Ziyech? Again? Not for me Brian. 

As was mentioned earlier..Leeds will swarm all over Chelsea in a frantic ,succesful,attempt to unsettle us.

Usual Leeds tactics this season..works sometimes but any of the past real Chelsea sides would just wait and pick them off probably coming out 3-0 or such.

Being from a certain generation this game result is important to me regardless of whether it's now or any time over the long time I have followed Chelsea.

OG wobble of course but THAT game and the players on both sides?..I doubt either side now would even dare to leave the dressing room to face them!🥶

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Don't think I'll be sacrificing sleep to stay up to watch this one. KO is at 2am, and after surviving today on 5 hours of sleep from yesterdays game it's just not worth it for the product being delivered at present.

Yeah that's me watching Lakers games that finish 2am here and then I wake up at 6am to get to work. Drag myself to work by 7am feeling like absolute garbage if they lose but when they win, work is great. Been a rough 2 years being a Lakers fan. Lots of bad days.

Chelsea will turn things around. It's tough being around United and Arsenal fans at the moment though.

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Going straight out and predicting. New manager bounce on their side - high energy side who always works hard and has plenty to play for.

I think we are going to get beaten again!

Steady on Nostradamus !

Of course we're going to get beaten again!

• Haha 1