Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Tuesday, 2nd May 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

There was a time when this would have been very winnable after a demolition job by City.Not any more - we will probably get thrashed and the great and the good will say 'Arsenal are back on track'.

The problem kev, is that we have no strikers who can put the ball into the back of the net with any certainty/consistency. Frank is a big part of the problem of course, but it mainly rests with the players. They don't know what to do, or they're afraid to have a go. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t know what this bunch of pathetic, dislikable mercenaries are going to do here. Could easily be 6-0 or worse. 

We’ll be lucky to come away with a nil. Watch this game or nail my testicles to a plank of wood? I know what I’ll do but I also know which one will be less painful. 😞

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I hope they won’t humiliate us too much, I’m afraid that they will use this game to vent their frustration after losing to City. In this situation, we should be aware that Lampard is clueless and we are the punching bag that everyone wants to hit.

Makes me laugh that Arsenal fans have been blaming their mini slump on the injury of one solitary player whilst they were otherwise at full strength v city. 

Meanwhile we've had the most shocking 24 months but no allowance for our position. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Whilst we can point at Franks idiocy, Potters nice guys finish last persona and our appalling squad with scant real quality anywhere for our malaise, we have mentioned ad nauseum on here that there are no goals in this side,  none of them score enough from front to back and that fact goes way back, we had Alonso as top scorer one season with seven goals and now our defenders have stopped scoring too which was always going to happen. 

Until we start focusing our incredible Sports department analysis on putting the ball in the onion bag then we will get nowhere fast. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

i think we  are going to get battered!

Not necessarily. Statistically we have ok figures defence wise. 

This has a 3-0 Gunners win written all over it. I wouldn't call that get battered.

Edited by asvaberg

21 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Not necessarily. Statistically we have ok figures defence wise. 

This has a 3-0 Gunners win written all over it. I wouldn't call that get battered.

To come away with a 3-0 loss we’re going have to play a 10-0-0 formation!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sigh... do we have to play this match?

Unfortunately yes, so pull your big boy pants on, strap yourself to the sofa and prepare for another night of abject misery!

Can’t wait….🙄

• Sad 1

Ok, is it possible for us to be relegated?

I ran a calculator to just check if it is plausible - and it is. In fact, it's "more than plausible" unless we start scoring goals.

Of course it's like "if I had eggs I will have egg&bacon for breakfast, if I had bacon" because one has to depend on other teams' results in the last rounds.

But still - this is a scenario and with a loss at Emirates we will be one step nearer this awful plausible outcome.

Ipswich or Plymouth next season, anyone?

image.png.f5993a72a3312257112e8ac1c29efcc0.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Ok, is it possible for us to be relegated?

I ran a calculator to just check if it is plausible - and it is. In fact, it's "more than plausible" unless we start scoring goals.

Of course it's like "if I had eggs I will have egg&bacon for breakfast, if I had bacon" because one has to depend on other teams' results in the last rounds.

But still - this is a scenario and with a loss at Emirates we will be one step nearer this awful plausible outcome.

Ipswich or Plymouth next season, anyone?

image.png.f5993a72a3312257112e8ac1c29efcc0.png

I had my leaving drinks at work last night, so I'm a little delicate today... this was not what I needed to stumble upon on my morning visit to CFCnet towers! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1