Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1

JaneB

This one has a loss written all over it. Arsenal are fighting to keep their title hopes alive and we seem all too happy to just show up and collect our paycheck. We can't buy a goal at the moment and I cannot see who in this squad should be able to change that up. If we do score it'll be a penalty/own goal/fluke. 

Unless we decide to start with our only striker - Aubameyang. Then perhaps we may see a goal or two. Having watched us all season I must say it's absolutely bonkers that the only striker we have in the squad hasn't started more. It's not like the others in that position has been pulling up trees. 

I don’t see us having any hope in this one, as much as I’d like to believe the players could get themselves up for this one, Arsenal are too clinical this season and the minute we concede, that will be the result done. I’m hoping Frank is going to at least pick some of the players we know need more game time.

Kepa

Azpi - Fofana - Badiashile - Chilwell

Kante - Enzo - Chukwuemeka 

Madueke - Auba - Mudryk

People here need to lighten up. Seriously, I know that we may not win the game - it's also possible that we'll get our arses kicked - but on here it seems that we're beaten before we even kick off.  It's football, and strange things can happen. Let's wait and see.

24 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

People here need to lighten up. Seriously, I know that we may not win the game - it's also possible that we'll get our arses kicked - but on here it seems that we're beaten before we even kick off.  It's football, and strange things can happen. Let's wait and see.

In fairness, I think peoples low expectations are justified based on recent form, results and performances.

I do take your point though, it’s football and anything can happen… I just think I know how I expect this one to play out.

You would think Frank could get the players up for this one though, stopping a London rival winning the league and a win all but confirms our status as a Premier League club next season.

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Please enlighten me in how I can be more optimistic 🙂

However - when I look at both club's recent form it's not written in stone that we're gonna lose, but:

Arsenal W-D-D-D-L = 6 points, Goals 12-12

Chelsea L-D-L-L-L = 1 point. Goals 1-7

Edited by asvaberg

5 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Please enlighten me in how I can be more optimistic

That's up to you.

5 hours ago, asvaberg said:

However - when I look at both club's recent form it's not written in stone that we're gonna lose,

Quite. But yes, it's the most likely outcome.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I just hope we give a good account of ourselves. That Lampard picks a decent starting line up. That we don’t concede stupid goals. That we create a few chances. 

It’s not going to happen, is it? 

We may well create chances but as per many a game this season there isn't anyone to finish them off. 

I hope we finally get a balanced side , I really don't care who plays provided SFL actually plays with a centre forward and not a dwarf battling against giants .

The time for empty words really has gone now , these last few games we need to see what these players have about them .

Most of the goals we've let in recently have been so avoidable if only somebody had stood up and taken charge of the situation instead of meek surrender.

Give these blowhards a bloody game for goodness sake.

• Thanks 1

So we've only been beaten home and away by Brighton and Southampton. Why do I find that totally unreassuring? Or is the best yet to come? Looking forward to tonight with all the enthusiasm of a bankrupt awaiting the receiver, or my tomcat looking forward to his second visit to the vet...

13 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

So we've only been beaten home and away by Brighton and Southampton. Why do I find that totally unreassuring? Or is the best yet to come? Looking forward to tonight with all the enthusiasm of a bankrupt awaiting the receiver, or my tomcat looking forward to his second visit to the vet...

..... And we have won home& away to Palace and Leicester 🙂

Is the glass half full or half empty?

Was this optimism, @Michael Tucker ? 😁

Edited by asvaberg

37 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

We haven't played everyone twice yet, that's why. 

• Haha 1