Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1

JaneB

36 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Ok, is it possible for us to be relegated?

I ran a calculator to just check if it is plausible - and it is. In fact, it's "more than plausible" unless we start scoring goals.

Of course it's like "if I had eggs I will have egg&bacon for breakfast, if I had bacon" because one has to depend on other teams' results in the last rounds.

But still - this is a scenario and with a loss at Emirates we will be one step nearer this awful plausible outcome.

Ipswich or Plymouth next season, anyone?

image.png.f5993a72a3312257112e8ac1c29efcc0.png

Lets forget Poch, and get Kompany because he has history of getting a team out of the championship :0)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I had my leaving drinks at work last night, so I'm a little delicate today... this was not what I needed to stumble upon on my morning visit to CFCnet towers! 

I posted something a few days ago from Twitter that showed that it is in reality almost impossible for us to get relegated. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, asvaberg said:

So the question is, can we get one more point or score 6 goals to improve our goal difference. Well, neither is likely so I guess we're screwed. Thanks mate.

Are these match threads still a thing?

OK, I'll bite, we lose, we don't score a goal.

Next?

7 hours ago, asvaberg said:

I ran a calculator to just check if it is plausible - and it is. In fact, it's "more than plausible" unless we start scoring goals.

Of course it's like "if I had eggs I will have egg&bacon for breakfast, if I had bacon" because one has to depend on other teams' results in the last rounds.

But still - this is a scenario and with a loss at Emirates we will be one step nearer this awful plausible outcome.

Ipswich or Plymouth next season, anyone?

image.png.f5993a72a3312257112e8ac1c29efcc0.png

So basically every team below us needs to win all their remaining games, bar when they play each other?

Leeds, for example, beating City, Spurs and Newcastle?  Leicester would need to beat Newcastle and Liverpool. Forest would need to beat us and Arsenal.

Put it a different way;

Leeds and Forest currently have 30 from 33 (0.9 PPG) and Leicester 29 from 33  (0.88 PPG)

For the above scenario to happen, Leeds need 9 from 5 (1.8 PPG, a 100% improvement) , Leicester 12 from 5 (2.4 PPG, a 172% improvement) , and Forest 10 from 5 (2 PPG a 120% improvement) 

Does any of that sound "more than plausible"?

Edited by paulw66
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, chara said:

And I do remember Chelsea scoring ...OG that I am.

Wow, I’ve heard legendary tales of this so called phenomenon but even in the darkest recesses of my memories I’m struggling to picture it.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, chara said:

No..but then again I did see Tony Hately score with his feet..all of them!...added..all the goals...not all his feet!

And I do remember Chelsea scoring ...OG that I am.

4 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Wow, I’ve heard legendary tales of this so called phenomenon but even in the darkest recesses of my memories I’m struggling to picture it.

I repeat..OG that I am... .when I were a lad I saw pigs landing at Heathrow......

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I blame it on my not native English. With plausible I'd defined it as theoretically and probably should have said that in stead. But you missed my egg& bacon phrase 🙂 🙂

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Never been to Rotherham ... is it worth a visit?

Their cathedral looks impressive.

On the other hand:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/politics/rotherham-ranked-unhappiest-place-to-live-in-the-country-but-there-are-exciting-changes-ahead-3939635

6 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

I blame it on my not native English. With plausible I'd defined it as theoretically and probably should have said that in stead. But you missed my egg& bacon phrase 🙂 🙂

Don’t blame yourself. if I were you I’d blame Hakim Ziyech or Christian Pulisic, it’s all their fault. 😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chrisb said:

Sky Sports are predicting us to win 1=0! What the hell have they been smoking? 😂😂😂

I don't know why you'r laughing.I know for a fact the film '"Darby O'Gill and the little people" was based on a true story.

Edited by kev61

7 hours ago, chara said:

No..but then again I did see Tony Hately score with his feet..all

Is that the same Tony Hately that had hair like the late Pete Burns of the group  dead or alive?('you spin me round')

You can't out OG me OG - ha!.

Edited by kev61
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Please play some players that "might" score goals

A fair assessment of where we are now.Really tragic in all honesty.I think we need to go back to the bible to see is it possible to turn things around in the short term?

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

FB_IMG_1682709874837.jpg

To say I'm disappointed with Frank is an understatement.At least show some emotion and pretend, even if you don't care.

Standing with you'r arms folded is not the look our fans expect from one of our football legends.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Never been to Rotherham ... is it worth a visit?

No, it's awful and we also lost 6-0 back in the good old days !!

15 hours ago, chrisb said:

Don’t blame yourself. if I were you I’d blame Hakim Ziyech or Christian Pulisic, it’s all their fault. 😁

Definitely, Pulisic - Hazards replacement 😆 has a lot to answer for!!

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

To cheer our  fans up, we should have a mariachi band with chelsea shirts on playing a Mexican version of  "blue is the colour" outside the ground.

I think I'd be suicidal if I witnessed that 😆 unless it was Pulisic, Zyiech, and Sterling as the 3 amigos. 

18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So basically every team below us needs to win all their remaining games, bar when they play each other?

Leeds, for example, beating City, Spurs and Newcastle?  Leicester would need to beat Newcastle and Liverpool. Forest would need to beat us and Arsenal.

Put it a different way;

Leeds and Forest currently have 30 from 33 (0.9 PPG) and Leicester 29 from 33  (0.88 PPG)

For the above scenario to happen, Leeds need 9 from 5 (1.8 PPG, a 100% improvement) , Leicester 12 from 5 (2.4 PPG, a 172% improvement) , and Forest 10 from 5 (2 PPG a 120% improvement) 

Paulw66  - Honest Question - did you ever think in your wildest dreams over the past 25 - 30 years, you would be writing stats proving Chelsea are safe from relegation

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Paulw66  - Honest Question - did you ever think in your wildest dreams over the past 25 - 30 years, you would be writing stats proving Chelsea are safe from relegation

THAT is the top question of the Season let alone this week.

I can remember when that "exercise" started about Christmas but to have sunk so low so fast is almost beyond belief.