Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1

JaneB

20 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

When we went down in 1975, I never believed it would actually happen until we went on a losing run towards the end of the season. We were really c**p that year.

I've gone from bemusement to WTF to now real ANGER...this has all been so UNNECCESSARY..........And avoidable...HMG started it and no one seems to have been able to stop the slide.

I think you have good company, @chara, although I'm past anger and more at the stage of acceptance and grieving, and wondering whether to renew my ST - much like I do every year, but this time seriously. Frankly, there is little left of the club I once loved: style, passion and team spirit have all gone out of the window.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I think you have good company, @chara, although I'm past anger and more at the stage of acceptance and grieving, and wondering whether to renew my ST - much like I do every year, but this time seriously. Frankly, there is little left of the club I once loved: style, passion and team spirit have all gone out of the window.

I think all season ticket holders have a decision to make on renewals. I've had 2 season tickets since 1997-98 and have never even contemplated not renewing until this year. Much of the joy of football has evaporated over the past 3 years and I now have to balance the prospects for the future and the potential pride of taking my little boy to The Bridge with the general misery of CFCs current plight and financial burden of two STs. Hard to justify to be honest.

6 hours ago, ROTG said:

Paulw66  - Honest Question - did you ever think in your wildest dreams over the past 25 - 30 years, you would be writing stats proving Chelsea are safe from relegation

30 years ago we came pretty close. 1993/94 our first year under Hoddle we were 2nd bottom at Christmas and it wasn't until Mark Stein started scoring, we moved up the league. 

But more recently, no. 

Either way, the point remains, we aren't going to. 

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

I think all season ticket holders have a decision to make on renewals. I've had 2 season tickets since 1997-98 and have never even contemplated not renewing until this year. Much of the joy of football has evaporated over the past 3 years and I now have to balance the prospects for the future and the potential pride of taking my little boy to The Bridge with the general misery of CFCs current plight and financial burden of two STs. Hard to justify to be honest.

Give them up and they will be hard to get back. 

You can always sell the ones you don't want on the exchange. I have barely been to half this season for various reasons. It's nice to get paid 50 quid not to go at the moment 

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we all just have to keep steadfast and hope that next season will be different, we have a top heavy squad where half a dozen players don't want to be here and some more that aren't good enough to be here, being coached by a clown and who then seemingly downed tools when he got the boot and Lampard to put the tin hat on it. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this year and it has destroyed everyone's confidence. 

Next season we'll have a proper coach, one who will hopefully add balance going forward. 

Is there a heart emoji for this post? 💙

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we all just have to keep steadfast and hope that next season will be different, we have a top heavy squad where half a dozen players don't want to be here and some more that aren't good enough to be here, being coached by a clown and who then seemingly downed tools when he got the boot and Lampard to put the tin hat on it. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this year and it has destroyed everyone's confidence. 

Next season we'll have a proper coach, one who will hopefully add balance going forward. 

The core of a very good team / squad is there, plus will be interesting to see what Gusto and Santos are like. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Holymoly said:

12th after today's results

Depressing - and now we see Brighton and Newcastle forging ahead.

What has happened to us must be the most calamitous event in the history of the premier league.

I'm just glad and grateful I was around in the good times.

I've seen everything I wanted to see in my long years as a Chelsea supporter so i really can't complain.

Edited by kev61
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

But will we Mark?.Poch hasn't signed on the dotted line yet - and even if he does who's to say he will succeed?

It's a very harsh truth,but we are a team in limbo after spending a ridiculous amount of money.

On 30/04/2023 at 12:19, kev61 said:

But will we Mark?.Poch hasn't signed on the dotted line yet - and even if he does who's to say he will succeed?

Nothing is guaranteed with any coach, is it?. All we can do is back the new guy, whoever he is.

On 30/04/2023 at 12:19, kev61 said:

It's a very harsh truth, but we are a team in limbo after spending a ridiculous amount of money.

Sure. But we can't go back and undo these things. They are what they are.

What's important  is what the club does next.

1 hour ago, Blue Kratos said:

Potch fell at the final hurdle with spurs when they had peaked as a side but he did build something good following a series of disastrous appointments and poor transfers and since he left they have regressed back to type.

If I'm being benevolent I'd back Poch to turn the squad around but I think at some point we will have replace him with A N Other at the point we want to actually win something.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

If I'm being benevolent I'd back Poch to turn the squad around but I think at some point we will have replace him with A N Other at the point we want to actually win something.

I think we might win a domestic cup yet the quest for bigger silverware will be further down the line. 

We're probably going to lose so might as well try something different.

I think we should do two things here. Firstly, play players who are likely to have some kind of future at the club. Not possible in every position, but we can put enough in. Maybe we'll see some semblance of fight in them.

Secondly, we should play a formation that Pochetino is likely to use. We can't play the exact roles because the players aren't fit enough, but it's a start.

If we sit back and defend, we'll get smashed and provide zero goal threat. If we attack and play with an actual striker, maybe we can score one. That would at least be progress.

We're probably going to lose anyway so whatever. Might as well do something a bit different.

image.png.ee6ce2d59e82e193a4562e6b2128fb1d.png

Just watched the 6-0 victory at the Bridge. The side was:

---------------Cech

Branna----Cahill----JT-----Azpi

-----------Luiz------Matic

---Schurrle----Oscar-----Hazard

------------------Eto'o

We brought on Torres & Salah and still had Ba & Lampard on the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

We're probably going to lose so might as well try something different.

I think Frank's philosophy appears to be to keep doing the same thing over and over until eventually the outcome changes.