Official: Mauricio Pochettino appointed Chelsea Head Coach on a Two Year Contract

Proud-Blue

Have your say…  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Pochettino?

• Keep
    • Sack

49 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

How would you compare it to the thiccc buttocks that one Eden Hazard use to carry round? 

Not an expert on buttocks,but g wizz you would need to go some to equal Sterling's.

Ivanovich was the only player that comes close.

47 minutes ago, kev61 said:

There is no "analogy " Sterling should just keep his mouth shut.

I assume you were as vocal when JT, DD, SFL and others ran to RA and have the likes of BPS & AVB removed from office?

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

38 games, 9 goals & 3 assists is a fair return seeing as he was uncoached and played out of his natural position for a majority of the season.

One this is for sure, under the new coach Sterling will not be playing LWB, RW, CF or a false No 9 or any other stupid positions where the nobody coach played him.

Using your Sterling analogy, maybe Frank should not made some of the comments about the dressing room and players attitudes during Sundays post match press conference?

Bang on.
IMO Sterling suffered a lot from the lack of form in the team.

Did that come across as lazy sometimes? Maybe.
Could he have tried harder at certain moments and shown better body language?
Probably.

But he's a guy who needs to try creative movements - some of which will work, some don't.
Half the time he might run into traffic, the other half he'll create space out of nothing.
When noone was on his wavelength this season, he became frustrated and ineffective.

Potter's early attempts to play him LWB were some of the worst ideas during his reign.

Sterling should still be first name on the team sheet at LW.
Good enough for Guardiola's Man City - then he's good enough for us - simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Sterling should still be first name on the team sheet at LW.
Good enough for Guardiola's Man City - then he's good enough for us - simple as that.

You should lie down in a darkened room and consider what you said.

4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You should lie down in a darkened room and consider what you said.

Agreed.

He left to get more game time so kind of proves he wasn’t good enough to play in Guardiola’s Man City.

11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I'm as "vocal" as ABC,DEF and GHI.

More like TOTAL and BOLLIX 😀

Just now, chrisb said:

Agreed.

He left to get more game time so kind of proves he wasn’t good enough to play in Guardiola’s Man City.

I guess TBSD and the new coach will be the judge and jury of Sterling future at the club. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Let’s agree to disagree.

If me commenting on a small Chelsea forum (no one cares about) as an anonymous person with no direct ties to the club can be compared to one of our well paid players priding themselves causing stir at the club, I don’t think there’s much more to discuss. 

It's difficult to continue a conversation with someone so irrationally upset over something so innocuous. 

55 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Agreed.

Played the 4th most games under Pep (292) of any player he's managed, only recently passed by Gundogan, B.Silva and KdB this season.

Has also scored the 3rd most goals under Pep (120) of any player managed, behind only Aguero and Messi respectively. 

Also sits 3rd for most assists under Pep (85), behind only Messi and KdB. 

Not bad for a player who supposedly wasn't good enough to play in a Guardiola Man City side. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Excuse me? You seem to care when it suits you. Like now - otherwise why bother posting?

Duh. Of course the ones who are here care. But that’s a small number in a big world. 

49 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It's difficult to continue a conversation with someone so irrationally upset over something so innocuous. 

And there’s our disagreement. I think I t’s crystal clear what he is referring to. You think not. Let’s move on. 

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Well he's not is he , that's why he's here . 

That said I think he'll be better under MoPo and I'm not disheartened with his season considering everyone was terrible. 

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That said I think he'll be better under MoPo and I'm not disheartened with his season considering everyone was terrible. 

Put it like this, he's was half the price, produced and delivered more last season,  than your favorite player did on his first and probably last season when he returned to the club for 100m 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well he's not is he , that's why he's here . 

No you're wrong - sorry Mark & others.

There are players who Guardiola wants out of the club - bad influences like Cancelo.

There are players like Jesus and Sterling who Pep wanted to stay but was willing to let leave.

Pep would let any player leave if they wanted to - even De Bruyne and Haaland.

Sterling made 30 appearances in the league last season - Grealish 26, Jesus 28, Gündogan 27.

Jesus and Sterling wanted a new challenge and even more minutes - maybe Gündogan will this summer.

Quote Guardiola:

"No [the transfers weren't guaranteed to happen] because I was incredibly happy with Gabriel, Oleks and Raheem," .

"If they stayed longer there would be no problem. They proved last year how good they are."

Total goal contributions 147 in 225 Premier League games for City.

I don't think he's "world-world class but he's a top level Premier League player and Poch should have him first on the team sheet. 

23 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think running about like a tiny T-rex has put some off Sterling to be honest 

Wish he would do a bit more running when the back behind him is being pressed. More like a slow amble around the middle third.

20 hours ago, chara said:

IF The Poch fails I wager it will not be for the want of trying or application.

We probably need to define "failure". I for one wouldn't say finishing out of top four will be neccessarily failure. We now have at least six clubs technically capable of top four, seven if you include Spuds, but let's not.

City is a given for the foreseeable future (or at least as long as Pep is there)

If United spend and bring in Kane then they will take a spot

If Arsenal spend and bring in Rice then they will be up there

That leaves Newcastle who will probably continue to spend wisely, Liverpool who need to acquire a midfield, and us. Given where we start from as of today I would say, irrespective of any "magic" Pochettino will be able to bring to the club, we are starting at the back of that particular grid.

Our huge advantage mext season will be the lack of European football. The stress on the squad should be lessened regarding injuries and of course the last time we were in this position we ended up winning the title. However, the new manager has a huge job on his hands to get into the top four in the current climate.

• Agree 3

Nice post HM...by fail I really meant over a period of time as in the side "stagnating" rather than progressing.

After the fiasco of this season..all aspects... surely an improvement shouldn't be difficult for a competent coach?

(I do not include SFL in any blame)

Well I just renewed my season tickets, which probably represents, in the words of my favourite harmless drudge, " the triumph of hope over experience," but I am hopeful that our new marriage with Pochettino will be worth the emotional and financial investment 😆

44 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

We probably need to define "failure". I for one wouldn't say finishing out of top four will be neccessarily failure. We now have at least six clubs technically capable of top four, seven if you include Spuds, but let's not.

City is a given for the foreseeable future (or at least as long as Pep is there)

If United spend and bring in Kane then they will take a spot

If Arsenal spend and bring in Rice then they will be up there

That leaves Newcastle who will probably continue to spend wisely, Liverpool who need to acquire a midfield, and us. Given where we start from as of today I would say, irrespective of any "magic" Pochettino will be able to bring to the club, we are starting at the back of that particular grid.

Our huge advantage mext season will be the lack of European football. The stress on the squad should be lessened regarding injuries and of course the last time we were in this position we ended up winning the title. However, the new manager has a huge job on his hands to get into the top four in the current climate.

Pretty sure top 5 qualifies next season.  

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Played the 4th most games under Pep (292) of any player he's managed, only recently passed by Gundogan, B.Silva and KdB this season.

Has also scored the 3rd most goals under Pep (120) of any player managed, behind only Aguero and Messi respectively. 

Also sits 3rd for most assists under Pep (85), behind only Messi and KdB. 

Not bad for a player who supposedly wasn't good enough to play in a Guardiola Man City side. 

And even with all those accolades you’ve lauded him with City still let him go. Suggests he wasn’t rated quite as highly by Pep as he is by you.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

And even with all those accolades you’ve lauded him with City still let him go. Suggests he wasn’t rated quite as highly by Pep as he is by you.

Read my reply above. Pep lets any player go who wants to leave.

4 hours ago, chrisb said:

Or that it was a combination of both an expiring contract and Sterling himself wanting greater guarantees that lead to departure. Pep himself, as I believe was already shared by someone else, was quite content with keeping him around. The club put a price on him, we matched it, and the move happened. 

Similar could've happened with Aké. We were interested, Man City were content with keeping him but put a price on him, we didn't match it and he stayed and played a key role this season.

That's how these things happen. Not every player that a club sells is because the club or manager want to get rid of said player. 

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Similar could've happened with Aké. We were interested, Man City were content with keeping him but put a price on him, we didn't match it and he stayed and played a key role this season.

Remember that we sold Ake in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Remember that we sold Ake in the first place.

We did to a lesser side that was more his level at the time.

At 28 he's finally played a meaningful role at Man City, the prior two seasons saw him make 10 and 14 league appearances respectively. 

A solid player, but the second coming of Maldini he is not. 

26 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

We did to a lesser side that was more his level at the time.

At 28 he's finally played a meaningful role at Man City, the prior two seasons saw him make 10 and 14 league appearances respectively. 

A solid player, but the second coming of Maldini he is not. 

Always liked him but you are spot on...just pleased to see him making the best of his career.