Official: Mauricio Pochettino appointed Chelsea Head Coach on a Two Year Contract

Proud-Blue

Have your say…  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Pochettino?

• Keep
    • Sack

7 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I think Fofana has been mostly shit since signing for us. He certainly been behind the likes of Silva, Koulibaly and Badiashile. And KK has come under some heavy criticism himself, which has been fair to be honest. But Fofana has been at a different level - his good games have been games where’s he’s been average and not done a mistake. His bad games he’s cost us multiple goals with poor defending or wayward passing. 

He’s got a very long way to  go to deserve the label “world class potential”. Actually, using it on him sort of makes that term somewhat ubiquitous. If he has world class potential so does Chalobah and what does that make Lewis Hall? Best on the planet potential? 

I also think TS and BB have been better than WF.

WF doesnt look great, has the potential, but then I thought I could say the same about Chirstensen or Rudiger.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Makes sense now why he's not starting until 1 July  

Screenshot_20230530_084700_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8a239ed28e37444d3b8ea387325deebf.jpg

Says everything about how Potter and SFL were viewed.  

Sterling is not particularly bright is he?

Wow, thats a massive dig at them two! Not very bright and arrogant!

41 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I don't think he was having a pop at Lampard Jane, I feel that is much more aimed at Potter. Absolute no reason why any player would ever have a dig at an interim manager, especially one that is a club legend.

And to be fair to Sterling, in the most shambolic of all seasons, where every single player underperformed he ended up with 9 goals 4 assists in 33 games, if you take out the times some genius thought it would be a good idea to play him wing back. It's not great, it's pretty poor by his normal standards but it really isn't that bad and definitely something to work on. I mean if he can reach those figures this year imagine what he will do when we have a proper manager and one that likes to play attacking football too.

I think also…while I totally understand where Jane is coming from, can you imagine the standards Raheem was used to at Citeh, going from Pep to a manager who came across like an IT salesman or a supermarket security guard. 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

16 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Have to admit that I'm underwhelmed by the appointment but equally understand the position we are in and that there are no real elite managers at their peaks available this time,  Now that he's officially our manager I do of course support him 100% and wish him all the very best!

I too feel that much of Pochettino's present reputation seems to have evolved since being sacked from his last job. The media, in its wisdom, has decided that it is the second coming of one of their darlings so we should be bloody lucky he was willing to grace us with his presence, and we seem to be buying into it. We didn't fall for it when Benitez was appointed, even when we ended up winning the Europa League. I don't understand what's different apart from the fact he seems to be a nice guy compared with TFSW. But you know what? Nice guys finish second.

Pochettino has a hell of a job. First of all he needs to decide which players to keep. Then he may have to convince some to stay that would prefer to go. Finally he needs to find a figurehead around which the squad is built. All that is before he even sets foot on the training pitch. Good luck Mauricio, you're going to need it. The supporters are unlikely to give you much of a honeymoon period given your CV, especially if pre-season ends up being like last year.

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They are out for dinner, and it looks like drinking soft drinks. It's hardly a "party" with champagne flowing. 

Social media is just part of the modern world. You might not like it (I don't) but you have to look very hard to find something to get upset about with that post. I actually had to study it for a while to see if I was missing something 

As for Ziyech, and PEA.... One was effectively loaned to PSG only for the club to balls up the paperwork, and the other was signed and then ditched when the coach who signed got the boot. They'll both be moving on, so I doubt they give a sh*t

Come on Paul, it’s a clear slight on the club (I’m talking about the comment regarding “turbulence”). That’s so clear I’m surprised you pretend it’s not. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hear Palace are keen on Potter. 

Put your money on them being relegated. 

GP might "do well" at Palace or any side with mid table expectations...12th for Palace would be acceptable.....no relegation and the odd "triumph"...good enough for Palace or similar club... but not for any club with real aspirations.... 20/20 hindsight but can you imagine any relegation threatened club or top club (forget tribalism.) seeking GP?

Found wanting when it mattered and a hard look at his record shows why..imhumbleo

IF The Poch fails I wager it will not be for the want of trying or application.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Come on Paul, it’s a clear slight on the club (I’m talking about the comment regarding “turbulence”). That’s so clear I’m surprised you pretend it’s not. 

From a player the club dicked about on deadline day....  Surprised he was that gentle. 

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

From a player the club dicked about on deadline day....  Surprised he was that gentle. 

Excuse me? The lad makes a lot of money from the club “dicking him around”. How about showing some fucking professionalism? Or is that beneath these snowflakes? 

I’ll be having a quiet dance when the club finally shows him the door. Average player who should never have been signed. Even worse attitude. Good riddance! 

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I don't think he was having a pop at Lampard Jane, I feel that is much more aimed at Potter. Absolute no reason why any player would ever have a dig at an interim manager, especially one that is a club legend.

And to be fair to Sterling, in the most shambolic of all seasons, where every single player underperformed he ended up with 9 goals 4 assists in 33 games, if you take out the times some genius thought it would be a good idea to play him wing back. It's not great, it's pretty poor by his normal standards but it really isn't that bad and definitely something to work on. I mean if he can reach those figures this year imagine what he will do when we have a proper manager and one that likes to play attacking football too.

Thanks Martin.  Bit of an overreaction from me no doubt.  I'm so protective of Frank, not that he needs me to be.

I'm genuinely looking forward to Sterling improving under Poch.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Excuse me? The lad makes a lot of money from the club “dicking him around”. How about showing some fucking professionalism? Or is that beneath these snowflakes? 

I’ll be having a quiet dance when the club finally shows him the door. Average player who should never have been signed. Even worse attitude. Good riddance! 

I'm not saying I don't want him sold, but you're making a mountain out of a molehole with that Instagram Post. 

The ironic thing is that your comments on the way the club has been run this season have been aligned with his (not unjustifiably) 

15 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I enjoy Keane's shtick. But it's shtick nonetheless. 

Haha! exactly so.Keane has a cheek criticising anyone.His "performance" in Saipan was inexcusable.

People probably like his controversial  views as someone that shoots from the hip.

He is nothing more than a 'melter' and a 'performer'.What gets me is he courts controversy as a pundit and is laughing all the way to the bank!.

Don't forget he is a narcissist that maligned a good man in Mick McCarthy.

It's sad because he was a top footballer.

14 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I reckon Sterling should keep his gob shut and work on his game that he is being paid to do.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

First good decision of Poch era?

No imo.He looks a good player that looks comfortable on the ball.If we can get him at the right price I think he will be an excellent addition.

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not saying I don't want him sold, but you're making a mountain out of a molehole with that Instagram Post. 

The ironic thing is that your comments on the way the club has been run this season have been aligned with his (not unjustifiably) 

Let’s agree to disagree.

If me commenting on a small Chelsea forum (no one cares about) as an anonymous person with no direct ties to the club can be compared to one of our well paid players priding themselves causing stir at the club, I don’t think there’s much more to discuss. 

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

I reckon Sterling should keep his gob shut and work on his game that he is being paid to do.

38 games, 9 goals & 3 assists is a fair return seeing as he was uncoached and played out of his natural position for a majority of the season.

One this is for sure, under the new coach Sterling will not be playing LWB, RW, CF or a false No 9 or any other stupid positions where the nobody coach played him.

Using your Sterling analogy, maybe Frank should not made some of the comments about the dressing room and players attitudes during Sundays post match press conference?

48 minutes ago, ROTG said:

38 games, 9 goals & 3 assists is a fair return seeing as he was uncoached and played out of his natural position for a majority of the season.

One this is for sure, under the new coach Sterling will not be playing LWB, RW, CF or a false No 9 or any other stupid positions where the nobody coach played him.

Using your Sterling analogy, maybe Frank should not made some of the comments about the dressing room and players attitudes during Sundays post match press conference?

There is no "analogy " Sterling should just keep his mouth shut.

32 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

How would you compare it to the thiccc buttocks that one Eden Hazard use to carry round? 

Ironically Hazard did THE best Sterling impersonation 🦖💨

• Like 1