Official: Mauricio Pochettino appointed Chelsea Head Coach on a Two Year Contract

Proud-Blue

Have your say…  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Pochettino?

• Keep
    • Sack

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Knee jerk reaction on Wes Fofana.  He really is an excellent footballer who had a very bad day at the office. 

He'll be a superstar for us for many years. Mark my words. 

So what if he's tagged in a post by a genuine bellend. It wasn't his comment. 

Fofana has been mostly excellent for us since returning from injury, in a team that is utter shit.

The grief he has got from some after the last few games says a lot more about them than him. Absolutely clueless people completely over reacting.

Genuine world class potential, more so than anyone else in our squad.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Fofana has been mostly excellent for us since returning from injury, in a team that is utter shit.

The grief he has got from some after the last few games says a lot more about them than him. Absolutely clueless people completely over reacting.

Forfana had a few good games and was rightly praised for his performances and now he's being rightly criticized for an equal number of terrible performances. Roy Keane tore into him saying he's been shocking, and he knows a thing or two about the game

Sure there's some potential there but that's all it as the moment. The same can be said for quite a lot of our players these days.

Have to admit that I'm underwhelmed by the appointment but equally understand the position we are in and that there are no real elite managers at their peaks available this time,  Now that he's officially our manager I do of course support him 100% and wish him all the very best!

Also have to add that it's quite clear now that Boehly and co are going to do things the Roman way in regards to their managers - No time for really giving managers time to build something. Start winning fairly quickly or you are out the door.  At best we will remain a cup team for as long as we continue with this way of doing things.

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Forfana had a few good games and was rightly praised for his performances and now he's being rightly criticized for an equal number of terrible performances. Roy Keane tore into him saying he's been shocking, and he knows a thing or two about the game

Sure there's some potential there but that's all it as the moment. The same can be said for quite a lot of our players these days.

Well, he's had a couple of bad games, one where he was particularly bad, before that, I personally thought he was brilliant,  in a massively under performing team.

Wanted him from the first time I saw him play for Leicester, after that I watched him a lot in that first season. Can't remember ever being so impressed by such a young centre half so yes it's about his potential but that's not surprising considering he's 22 and played just over 50 premier league games.

Not heard what Keane said, nor will I, I don't listen to pundits, most of them speak utter bollox the majority of the time and all of them have an agenda against us.

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Disagree strongly. Those old dinosaur pundits know nothing about "football" per se. 

It's all "heart" and "guts" and "bravery".  

How many games do you honestly believe Keane watched where Fofana featured this season? 

I'm guessing only the ones he was working on.   If he thinks Fofana has been poor then all that proves is that I'm right. 

The only pundit who talks proper deep dive tactics is Karen Carney.  The rest are shite. 

Poch is a good appointment for where we are as a club right now. He may not end up being the end of the rainbow guy that'll win us things, but first we need to get back into a position that'll allow us that opportunity. With a young squad that needs a standard instilled, nurturing, and some hard truths, he ticks a lot of the desired requirements for now. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

At best we will remain a cup team for as long as we continue with this way of doing things.

Can’t see anyone complaining if we win the CL a few more times. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Can’t see anyone complaining if we win the CL a few more times. 

We've won it twice in seasons where we've been miles off the top of the league. So will you be happy if we stay as an also ran in the league from here on in exchange for some cups?

Fergie and the managers of the great Liverpool teams always put the league as their too priority because they know that's the true test of a good their team is. We might never get back up there again, but our number one aim should be the title, not the CL.

48 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

We've won it twice in seasons where we've been miles off the top of the league. So will you be happy if we stay as an also ran in the league from here on in exchange for some cups?

Fergie and the managers of the great Liverpool teams always put the league as their too priority because they know that's the true test of a good their team is. We might never get back up there again, but our number one aim should be the title, not the CL.

100%. 

The league is, and should always be, the priority. I want to see us getting back to being a dominant domestic force over anything else. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They went out for dinner? 

Hanging is too good for some people 

“Too much turbulence”.

You may think that’s an innocent picture from a dinner, I rad something much more sinister into that. They’ve just finished 12th in the league. It’s not supposed to be a party. They just have no pride these days. I can certainly understand why Keane has a meltdown on a weekly basis. 

8 hours ago, martin1905 said:

I think Fofana has been mostly shit since signing for us. He certainly been behind the likes of Silva, Koulibaly and Badiashile. And KK has come under some heavy criticism himself, which has been fair to be honest. But Fofana has been at a different level - his good games have been games where’s he’s been average and not done a mistake. His bad games he’s cost us multiple goals with poor defending or wayward passing. 

He’s got a very long way to  go to deserve the label “world class potential”. Actually, using it on him sort of makes that term somewhat ubiquitous. If he has world class potential so does Chalobah and what does that make Lewis Hall? Best on the planet potential? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

100%. 

The league is, and should always be, the priority. I want to see us getting back to being a dominant domestic force over anything else. 

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Based on what has happened over the past season, and the money wasted it going to take more than another couple of transfer windows to get the squad ready for an realistic challenge  on the PL, therefore a couple of cups and top 4 in the meantime would be welcome and keeping with the clubs values of winning silverware and attracting top players. 

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Disagree strongly. Those old dinosaur pundits know nothing about "football" per se. 

It's all "heart" and "guts" and "bravery".  

How many games do you honestly believe Keane watched where Fofana featured this season? 

I'm guessing only the ones he was working on.   If he thinks Fofana has been poor then all that proves is that I'm right. 

The only pundit who talks proper deep dive tactics is Karen Carney.  The rest are shite. 

We could do with a lot, lot more heart, guts and bravery to be honest because we’ve shown none this last season. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

“Too much turbulence”.

You may think that’s an innocent picture from a dinner, I rad something much more sinister into that. They’ve just finished 12th in the league. It’s not supposed to be a party. They just have no pride these days. I can certainly understand why Keane has a meltdown on a weekly basis. 

They are out for dinner, and it looks like drinking soft drinks. It's hardly a "party" with champagne flowing. 

Social media is just part of the modern world. You might not like it (I don't) but you have to look very hard to find something to get upset about with that post. I actually had to study it for a while to see if I was missing something 

As for Ziyech, and PEA.... One was effectively loaned to PSG only for the club to balls up the paperwork, and the other was signed and then ditched when the coach who signed got the boot. They'll both be moving on, so I doubt they give a sh*t

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Right... So by that definition, De Zerbi has done nothing tangible for Brighton because they won nothing? 

Ditto Thomas Frank, Howe, Arteta, Emery..... 

Every manager has done a bad job bar Pep (and Ten Hag) 

Edit - and 1994 whilst disappointing, was huge progress. Building blocks that lead to 97, 98, 2000 etc. 

I was at that game at Wembley (my first cup final) and I thought weirdly that we were the better side for about 60 mins of that game. Although we were hammered 4-0 we were hard done by. It certainly represented the new dawn for CFC!

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Ham said:

Says everything about how Potter and SFL were viewed.  

Sterling is not particularly bright is he?

Madueke spoke well of Lampard to be fair and how he's improved him. 

Lampard was always a place holder though to be fair.

But in general we really have missed a manager that can hold authority.

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

“Too much turbulence”.

"Too much turbulence" is some sort of reference to the four guys in the picture being cool, like "too hot to handle" or something. That's all it is. Four blokes having dinner isn't something to being alerting the church elders about. At most, you might question the wisdom of posting on social media given there's always someone is going to get upset about four blokes having dinner. 

Keane has a meltdown on a weekly basis because he's paid to.

20 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

"Too much turbulence" is some sort of reference to the four guys in the picture being cool, like "too hot to handle" or something. That's all it is. Four blokes having dinner isn't something to being alerting the church elders about. At most, you might question the wisdom of posting on social media given there's always someone is going to get upset about four blokes having dinner. 

Keane has a meltdown on a weekly basis because he's paid to.

Nah. Keane has a meltdown on a weekly basis because he is a melt! With due deference to our exponents of the Northern Irish vernacular 😉.

Edited by RDCW

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Makes sense now why he's not starting until 1 July  

Screenshot_20230530_084700_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8a239ed28e37444d3b8ea387325deebf.jpg

So would we have had to wait till July 1 if he was chosen to manage Chelsea following TT's sacking too? I think I read somewhere that Pochettino was keen to join then

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

So would we have had to wait till July 1 if he was chosen to manage Chelsea following TT's sacking too? I think I read somewhere that Pochettino was keen to join then

We'd have had to buy him out of his contract presumably. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

100%. 

True.  I would also like to see us being a lot better in the League.  Even in the seasons that we've finished in the Top 4 of late, we've been miles behind the top 2 in real terms.  

I would say though, that we need to be pragmatic about trophies.  If you really want to be seen as a big side and attract top talent, you really need to win stuff.  So padding our cabinet out with FA & League Cups, Europas if given the opportunity and fingers crossed another CL has to be seen as important.  I don't want us to be like Arsenal and Spurs, I want to see our players celebrating winning finals and wearing medals around their necks.  Some may have higher stock than others, but ALL of them are good to have.  Because there aren't many trophies you can win. 

5 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If he has world class potential so does Chalobah and what does that make Lewis Hall? Best on the planet potential? 

To be fair, from what we've seen of him so far (and playing out of position), the lad is mustard.  If he's going to continue on this trajectory and someone starts tucking a few of those crosses into the back of the net then he'll be very highly regarded before long. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

Nah. Keane has a meltdown on a weekly basis because he is a melt! With due deference to our exponents of the Northern Irish vernacular 😉.

We have it on Micah Richard's authority that he's generally a very happy, genial man off camera! Although I suspect Micah is prone to seeing people that way ...

I enjoy Keane's shtick. But it's shtick nonetheless. 

• Agree 1

• JaneB changed the title to Official: Mauricio Pochettino appointed Chelsea Head Coach on a Two Year Contract
3 hours ago, Ham said:

Makes sense now why he's not starting until 1 July  

Screenshot_20230530_084700_Twitter.thumb.jpg.8a239ed28e37444d3b8ea387325deebf.jpg

Says everything about how Potter and SFL were viewed.  

Sterling is not particularly bright is he?

Oh shut up Raheem 😡 Sucking up to the new manager already.

You’ve been awful this season and that’s not Frank’s fault.

He might have fallen short as a manager but no one disrespects Frank on my watch.

• Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1